1. 2016
  2. 2017
  3. 2018
  4. 2019
  5. 2020
  6. 2021
  7. 2024
Signed From
Sydney Roosters, Auckland Blues (Rugby Union)
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
  2. Warriors Player of the Year
  3. Golden Boot
  4. Dally M (Positional Award)
  5. Dally M (Overall)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Tuivasa-Sheck
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/roger-tuivasa-sheck/summary.html
He's gone from Fullback, to right wing, to left center in the space of the last three games. All while trying to learn how to play left center....

I actually thought there were some promising signs in the Manly game. Give it another 5 - 6 games with our best spine back now and lets see how he goes. Just needs to relax and do his job, not over do it, and he'll be fine.
I am sure you are correct.
One of the hardest positions to master.
Offensively and defensively.
Throw in a different 6 inside him.
Just needs time.
Was never going to be easy

Last edited:
He's gone from Fullback, to right wing, to left center in the space of the last three games. All while trying to learn how to play left center....

I actually thought there were some promising signs in the Manly game. Give it another 5 - 6 games with our best spine back now and lets see how he goes. Just needs to relax and do his job, not over do it, and he'll be fine.
Agree.

Can't believe the near constant calls on this forum to play everyone out of position. Pompey to second row, RTS to wing, CNK to centre, CHT to lock, Metcalf to fullback, even saw Kosi to prop.

Constant shuffling of the same hand is what shit teams do, and maybe some posters have PTSD from coaches past, but I trust that Webby knows where to play his guys.

Agree.

Can't believe the near constant calls on this forum to play everyone out of position. Pompey to second row, RTS to wing, CNK to centre, CHT to lock, Metcalf to fullback, even saw Kosi to prop.

Constant shuffling of the same hand is what shit teams do, and maybe some posters have PTSD from coaches past, but I trust that Webby knows where to play his guys.

No matter how unrealistic it may seem - always healthy and good debate to look at and discuss all options

RTS to lock would be interesting 🤔

No matter how unrealistic it may seem - always healthy and good debate to look at and discuss all options

RTS to lock would be interesting 🤔
I don't mind some robust discussion but it's the short memories of some of the posters - spend 2 years clamouring to get Pompey out of the team, then all of a sudden they want to drop RTS to accommodate him!

I'll put my hand up, I was one that thought pompey was slow and didn't offer much in the early days, had my moment of wanting him gone when we signed RTS.

But I would rather a defensive centre than RTS just running the ball 100 % of the time. At least pompey could set up his outside.

I just think him and Montoya are a bad mix and if I'm any team coming to play the warriros than I'm targeting that edge all day!

We are worrying too much about how to unlock RTS rather that nail that right edge like we did last year!

I think niukore is a huge factor with his line running and presence for SJ. I'd be happy if RTS had 15 runs a game and was to pick his moments than us having to feed him and watch him step of his left foot all night.

Dylan walker will be massive for us when he's back!

Most of the criticism for Roger is valid.

But we need to give him some time. He just returned from another sport and has been shifted around whilst trying to learn the centre position and also get his head around playing league again.

All of this has been said before, we need to give him time. This might take another 10 rounds but we need him to learn this centre position or the other years on his contract is going to be dead money, unless he is shifted to FB.

Most of the criticism for Roger is valid.

But we need to give him some time. He just returned from another sport and has been shifted around whilst trying to learn the centre position and also get his head around playing league again.

All of this has been said before, we need to give him time. This might take another 10 rounds but we need him to learn this centre position or the other years on his contract is going to be dead money, unless he is shifted to FB.
if he wants time he can have it in reserve grade

I want to apply the same level of scrutiny we gave to Pompey. Its only fair.

if he wants time he can have it in reserve grade

I want to apply the same level of scrutiny we gave to Pompey. Its only fair.
That’s a totally valid position.

I would rather have a few bumps along the road and him learn by trial by fire. I back Roger’s ability to adapt in a reasonable timeframe.

Him getting a false sense of security in Reggie’s then getting found out again in first grade could waste of some time.

Definitely not saying I’m right, just saying I’m backing his ability.

Roger is a proud & humble man. And i would suggest that if he feels he isn't upto first grade level in his position he would be the first one to say he needs some NSW Cup time to work on his craft.
I had this thought too.
Unfortunately with our halves all messed up through injury the mechanism in NSW cup for Roger to get practice is not there.

Ideally Roger if given NSW training at Center would be running outside of one of Metcalf, TMM, or CHT.