Votes: 12 10.1%
  • E

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • F

Votes: 81 68.1%

• Total voters
I think that in itself is a problem

It’s puts you in a box and makes you predictable

Teams know our strategy is to kick high in the corner - don’t contest and then just grind you down for field position

I imagine opposition now train to defend that strategy against us

We need to think outside the box and be more flexible

Offloading is instinctive- if you have the opportunity to offload take it
Terrible signs last night that no one was in position for any offloads or support play. Average efforts on some kick chases too.

He’s an interesting one in that no he doesn’t show up well in traditional stats but he does stick to specific roles he’s been given- for example our 5th tackle option from distance relies on him sprinting downfield and shutting down the player catching the ball, then followed up by 1-2 marker shut downs to keep the opposition pinned deep and burning tackles. He can also distribute and fit into set moves which is where RTS is struggling.
But he’s also not really an attacking weapon
Yeah. According to NRL.com Berry made 31 tackles....as a centre....

You're not going up shine if you have to do all the running and all the tackling.

It happened last year and it's happening this year is that Webby doesn't use the bench well. Last year he would pull AFB and Barnett both at the same time and that's when you would see momentum swings in the game.

That bench last night was really bad about to top it off, he didn't use two players until the last 5 minutes when the game was done.

We need to have a left side attack. I've been backing RTS but left centre is not his jam. Montoya is rocks and fake diamonds.

SJ loves to do the same play over and over again when things aren't going well. It's like he needs to justify that it works. Kick to Fus was the play several years ago. Yesterday was bomb between the 6 to Wing.
Playing only to the right means defenses can read you. If you go left, SJ needs to stay right to trick defenders.

I said it on the game day thread. That game was like against Sharks in Round 1, nothing after 20 minutes. Even that last try to DWZ, only he would have scored that try, no other Warrior in history would have scored that.

I'm not mad at Webby, I'm disappointed.

There some concerning things in the game. Less than ten mins in..
1713566706364.png

1713566820483.png

Tohu takes nearly 30 secs to get behind the play of the ball and is clearly either exhausted or hurt.

Just for comparison sake (and because I’m pissed off / disappointed)

Warriors injuries:
Walker
Afoa
Niukore
Metcalf
Jazz
Lussick
CHT

Dolphins injuries:
Kaufusi
Gilbert
Flegler
Farnworth
Hamiso

So we’re missing our bench props, and starting 6. They’re missing their fullback, their starting prop, lock & edge, and gun centre recruit. They put 44 points on the eels. I’m not buying into this lack of depth entirely, we were just simply outperformed last night by a good team. Each player called upon needs to step up to the plate. In all honesty I do put some blame on the coach for his poor team selections, there’s no ignoring it. Selecting a hooker/half to play 3 mins and a centre for 5 mins once the game is dead and buried is poor coaching.

Yes Zyon Maiu’u is a rookie & probably would’ve lost and been a shit intro to nrl for him. But we desperately needed punch through the middle & at least physically he’d have held his own.

Lack of creativity on attack, some poor schoolboy errors, poor defence through the middle, and incorrect coaching/selections. I don’t want to jump the gun but this does reek of arrogance and/or complacency, and is an attitude issue more than anything. A sell out home game for our first ever Anzac match in NZ awaits. If that’s not enough to kick the boys back into gear attitude wise I don’t know what is.

Just gave it a big F for failure. Everyone else on here has covered all the Fs.They just have to all and I mean all get back on the horse and put the Titans away nxt week with a solid performance. We are a long way from a top 4 dynasty no matter what big names we get here.My new grandson born 3 wks ago already has a Warriors scarf so I hope he doesn't have to wait as long as I have for that Grand Final win.

Ford made the tackle and then pressured Hunt on the kick, started behind Tohu and then had to run cross to the edge. Makes it even worse
View attachment 6760
Tricky to manoeuvre that 13 role to give Tohu a break with Walker and Jazz out, who are the most suited behind Tohu. Ale’s played a bit of lock but we’re a bit light to be able to take him off for a spell rather than shift him to front row for a stint? Can recall at the start of the game that Webster mentioned that Laban would be used in the middle, I wonder if Ford’s injury meant that Laban had to go to an edge and Ale had to play front row whereas he might have been able to spell Tohu at lock at some stage and Laban play some front row in that time?

Last edited:
This is probably close to the worst we've played since Webster's come on but dragons played well.
And for context.
Broncos lost 20-10 to roosters and Panthers 34-12.
Panthers lost to Manly 32-18
Storm almost lost to Bulldogs etc.
We've been ravaged by injuries with 8 unavailable players, while pushing some of the starters for much longer minutes due to necessity.
As we've seen this has been a very inconsistent season so far for most teams (other than storm) so no need to panic just yet.

Last edited:
I love my team, my coach, fans, but let’s get the rose coloured glasses off, back row and wings are NRL standard, nothing more, nothing less.

Tonight could argue they were NSW Cup standard, this loss was coming. Errors and clunky attack has been on display since round 1.

We don’t throw much when in the opposition 20. Prove me wrong, we beat a poor Souths and got ahead of ourselves.

I love Marcelo but we won’t win a comp with him in our side. Love to be proved be wrong.
Say what we like. That team is not Top 4 and never will be.

1.... Our 2nd rowers are not mongrel enough (Curran is doing more than them)
2....RTS is not what people think he is( totally outplayed by Lomax)
3....Montoya is not up to the same standard as other wingers
4....No flare

I see us finishing 5th to 8th
And I am a total WAH fan

I'm not mad at Webby, I'm disappointed.
I think we get caught up in the tremendous turnaround of the club since Covid and forget this is only Webbys 2nd season as a HC.

We were down in the dumps post-Nathan Brown so anything new and innovative was going to create big changes because the bar was so low for our club anyway.

Not discrediting Webbys work as he’s done an amazing job from a culture standpoint, but when it comes to the X’s and O’s the bro is still growing, as is the club overall.

I still believe we’re going to be dominant in the long run, but short term we’re gonna have games like this because it’s a part of our growth. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and a club that was as bad as the Warriors definitely needs longer to fully improve and grow towards the goal of being a premiership level team.

Were not there yet and honestly media and the likes need to stop overhyping because that’s going to cause disappointment and bad faith takes.

The Warriors will keep grinding though. They will get there if they keep this trajectory going.

Yeah I really don't understand given our injury situation why Zyon Maiu’u didn't play at all and Laban was brought on way too late and didn't play enough. If this wasn't the game to give them a shot then I don't know when that time will be. Our big 3 middles, especially Harris were exhausted and still we stuck to the script.

Speaking of scripts, when things aren't going as planned, surely there needs to be back up plans to switch things up? When we are 24 points down and still bombing to the right and the not contesting or going through the same set plays time after time despite it clearly not working....it doesn't make much sense.

I can only hope that we can look back on this game as an example moving forward and maybe change up a few things. We definitely need a point of difference in the second row, someone who is a threat. Montoya is a weak link and RTS hasn't really come on as hoped, although he hasn't been given a lot of quality ball either. SJ needs to sometimes defer to the left and maybe play off cuff from time to time if the usual plan isn't working.

Back