Post Match Rd 7: Storm Beat Warriors In Thriller

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Who was your MoM?

• Total voters

Buck777

Do you ever think we'll walk away from dodgy 50/50 official calls? We had a brief respite when Pricey was in their face and refs hated it, because they knew he had more mana than they did. But now....we all know what's coming. Do those in control of the game really want more than eels v souths v roosters v manly v dragons? Because I get the feeling that ever since we've joined this comp we're the proverbial Table 9 at a wedding.

Reactions: Sup42

Buck777

it doesnt help that our team is shit most of the time
Yeah I know, that's a fact. But heading back on a train from the 11 GF I was in a carriage full of Souths supporters. They were 100% wanting us to win due to hatred of manly and also- their acknowledgement that we like them get the hard calls at the wrong time.

I remember having a brief convo with Michael Luck. He said the Aussie players in the warriors can't believe how bias it is against us until you're in the team and wearing them.

No excuses for bad play, but it's in my DNA now. I'm waiting for the bad call.

The 40/20 reversal by Clarky wasn't in the rules.

Like the Anzac test , there are new rules emerging and special interpretations that aren't a conspiracy just poor treatment of the minnows.

Stephen Kearneys concerns about facing Samoa In the World cup are laughable , we will have fourteen men on the paddock and half of their cattle.

Dude.. go and watch the replay.. right now.. https://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=3335&tab=Report

Did the guy inside him force him to shirt grab at Chambers to let in that first try? I'm sorry, but how is that anyone's fault but Ropati's? As for his second costly miss tackle on Chambers that led to the match winning try, Chambers just gassed him on the outside. Ropati was just totally outclassed and made to look very, very average.

Watch that replay and tell me how Ropati's poor tackling was not directly related to both tries being scored..

Are we going to make it an annual thing where Ropati returns from injury and is so off the pace we get destroyed down his edge and it ends up being the difference in the game? Hope so..

I'm not hating on Ropati.. just don't think he should've been in that side to begin with.

The first, no excuse. The 2nd was right in front of me, if Mateo was in position Ropati wouldn't have had turn and effectively chase from behind and inside. He was burnt and maybe would have got him back in the day. Just trying to be fair, I want Hurrell their when Neilson returns

Yeah I know, that's a fact. But heading back on a train from the 11 GF I was in a carriage full of Souths supporters. They were 100% wanting us to win due to hatred of manly and also- their acknowledgement that we like them get the hard calls at the wrong time.

I remember having a brief convo with Michael Luck. He said the Aussie players in the warriors can't believe how bias it is against us until you're in the team and wearing them.

No excuses for bad play, but it's in my DNA now. I'm waiting for the bad call.

I guess it just comes down to false expectation. Expectation of justice. Fair play. Even interpretation. All fantasy concepts in the real world. Our real life has almost none of these qualities. So why are we expecting any different. I know they try and preach otherwise but we should just know in our hearts they're just hypocrites. Instead of being reminded every game or so.

It makes it especially hard when our team shows what feats it can accomplish in the face of the hurricane. Beating a News Limited owned team on their home ground in a preliminary final. When no one previously had beaten them beforehand. Coming from behind against 14 men just the week before against the Tigers. This team has produced games no one else could provide. Straight fucking magic performances that are the heroin that have us coming back for more. Hoping to see more of that magic again. We shouldn't really expect a fair game but it's hard when we know our team can win anyway. We can win anyway. I guess that's what keeps us coming back for more.[DOUBLEPOST=1366954086][/DOUBLEPOST]The difference this year has been the consistent injustice. Compared to the usual every now and again that previous years had provided. That every week inconsistency should not be happening and i'll be surprised if it continues for the full consumption of the year. It's been a bad patch, a really bad patch but i'll be amazed if it continues with such consistency.

KPWarrior

Contributor
Well I haven't watched the replay yet, but I just wanted to get this in before I get the TV perspective and normal depression resumes. First off, I walked away from AAMI Park last night feeling damn proud of the boys, haven't had too many chances to say that this year so it's important to get that in! If I thought for a minute that we were a complete disgrace and put in a shocker I'd have no problem saying so, but I didn't get that impression!

I thought we gave it a fair crack with what we had, probably even looked the better team in the first half, and guttsed out a good portion of the 2nd, but once again simple stuff let us down, Konrad's hands - geez for everything this guy does good he does something bad - I'd still have him there next week.
Mateo was a bigger disappointment for me, didn't seem to have much impact a couple of passes out to Laumape were shockers - they weren't far from where we were sitting so it's still in my head -
Shaun Johnson's 40/20..... dunno what happened there, looked fine to me, need another look at that.
Didn't feel taking the 2 points from the penalty was the right decision at the time.
All in all, when you put everything in perspective we should have probably been blown off the park, but I thought we turned up and put in a fairly decent effort, fcuk we had them cut to shreds more than once!

Reactions: Moz and Sup42
More mortified than if he missed it and it didn't go dead, giving the Storm back the ball?

Even with the chance we weren't going to get the ball back I thought that it was the right decision.. Johnson probably kicks that 7 times out of 10? So that's a 70% chance we take the lead with 10mins to go..

Not that i ever felt we were in danger of winning that game..

I guarantee if he missed it it would be going dead.

That's goalkicking 101 for these guys.

What's this weeks excuse for the forwards? 3 forwards ran for more then 100m for the Storm, 0 for Warriors. Last week the excuse for not one forward running more then 100m was that Warriors dropped too much ball. Any takers this week?
Also regarding TL, is there anyone here still convinced Thomas is an NRL half?

Reactions: Mr Frank White

Buck777

On the RLW FB page before this game they asked the question who has impressed and who has disappointed. Roosters seemed to be the one most impressed and the Dogs most disappointed. Warriors were mentioned a lot. Some Aussies in an attempt to be nice were saying Warriors but only because ME was wrecking us. I don't accept that. The senior players are wrecking us, and the 50/50 decisions that go against us are heartbreaking

Reactions: eX | Machina
From the Storm Website :

One of their Forumers posted these picks that suggests a forward pass to Bill ( have to review the tapes because the catch was awkward with Bill reaching back for it ) in the pics it looks like a forward pass.
They complain about getting a hard time from reffs as much as we do, but then their squad has pushed the boundaries of the law ( cheated ) and come in for extra scrutiny ( you reap what you sow cheats ).
If it was forward then that's a Try for a Try evens things out a bit.
The Mongrel in me hopes it is a forward pass.

ai41.tinypic.com_2ajx85x.jpg

ai42.tinypic.com_2kg9x1.jpg

What's this weeks excuse for the forwards? 3 forwards ran for more then 100m for the Storm, 0 for Warriors. Last week the excuse for not one forward running more then 100m was that Warriors dropped too much ball. Any takers thius week?
Also regarding TL, is there anyone here still convinced Thomas is an NRL half?
The talk doing the rounds is that Elliots game plan was to make the yards on the fringes and move it away form the Ruck ( that's what it looks like on the replay too )

Not making excuses , that tactic was boss, a return to going wide early warmed the cockles of me heart last night , feck the boys could do with the passing practice / getting to know each other in the backs

Reactions: eX | Machina
From the Storm Website :

One of their Forumers posted these picks that suggests a forward pass to Bill ( have to review the tapes because the catch was awkward with Bill reaching back for it ) in the pics it looks like a forward pass.
They complain about getting a hard time from reffs as much as we do, but then their squad has pushed the boundaries of the law ( cheated ) and come in for extra scrutiny ( you reap what you sow cheats ).
If it was forward then that's a Try for a Try evens things out a bit.
fair ball

you can see the shadow of the ball on the field on the line, bill take the ball behind the line

the shadow is accurate because you can see the shadow of the storm 13 directly underneath him

thats my evaluation of those images

fair ball

you can see the shadow of the ball on the field on the line, bill take the ball behind the line

the shadow is accurate because you can see the shadow of the storm 13 directly underneath him

thats my evaluation of those images
Looks like Johnson has passed it a meter from well inside the line tho ( where his Feet are ) I like your C.I.A. analysis tho