Post Match Rd 7: Storm Beat Warriors In Thriller

Who was your MoM?

• Total voters
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
whats the story?
very calm, but highlighting the refs mistakes, 3 they agreed against the Raiders thye got wrong, and again in this match they have gone against us. 40/20 he is like wtf? and the try with the forward pass. 'they probably think oh its ok thye are across the ditch, doesnt matter'

Reactions: Defence
wallacenz

wallacenz

very calm, but highlighting the refs mistakes, 3 they agreed against the Raiders thye got wrong, and again in this match they have gone against us. 40/20 he is like wtf? and the try with the forward pass. 'they probably think oh its ok thye are across the ditch, doesnt matter'
even with the 40/20 we were in the lead and the storm got the ball on their 20.. they shouldnt have been able to run 80 metres. hes at the 2nd stage of the warriors 12 step program, blame. the nest step is to admit we have a problem :p

Reactions: Est95 and Sup42
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Just got home initial thoughts without too much consideration.

1. That was a good game, I was surrounded by Storm supporters and they were impressed with the Warriors and glad to get away with the win.
2. Ropati appeared to be left exposed by someone inside not numbering up, maybe Mateo. He wanted to go wider but couldn't leave the inside gap. I thought he went OK and seemed to take good options.
3. The four prop rotation worked. Warriors lost nothing against the Storm pack,
4. We need to have Hurrell running at backs from depth, not a proxy forward every 6.
5. My immediate thought was the Storm won the game on 5th tackle options. The Warriors ones.
6. Leading on from 5 TL is a problem, his kicking skills are not up it and his passing is only average.. The question that has to be asked is whether his defensive strength compensates enough for his lack of offense.
7. As someone who has played in the halves Mateos cross field pass putting outsides under pressure which lead to Storm's try that put them ahead was inexcusable when a kick into the corner was the option.
8. Shaun Johnson played very well, He needs someone who can take the pressure off him and provide a different point of attack.
9. I was 70 metres away and could see that the Storm were holding our players in the scrum. Even the Storm supporters admitted that for the last try.
10. I thought the penalty kick was a mistake. At the ground I thought they were struggling and I was confident of a 6 pointer. 2 points were never going to be enough in that game.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
even with the 40/20 we were in the lead and the storm got the ball on their 20.. they shouldnt have been able to run 80 metres. hes at the 2nd stage of the warriors 12 step program, blame. the nest step is to admit we have a problem :p
nope, he was very honest. 1. we have problems in the last 10-20mins.individual errors costing us 2. refs calls have gone against us. he got asked if he thinks the warriors get more than thier fair share of bad calls. Elliott said' ask the refs boss, he's an ex warriors coach, see what he says, i'd be very interested' LMFAO :hilarious:

Hitman82

Hitman82

Just got home initial thoughts without too much consideration.

1. That was a good game, I was surrounded by Storm supporters and they were impressed with the Warriors and glad to get away with the win.
2. Ropati appeared to be left exposed by someone inside not numbering up, maybe Mateo. He wanted to go wider but couldn't leave the inside gap. I thought he went OK and seemed to take good options.
3. The four prop rotation worked. Warriors lost nothing against the Storm pack,
4. We need to have Hurrell running at backs from depth, not a proxy forward every 6.
5. My immediate thought was the Storm won the game on 5th tackle options. The Warriors ones.
6. Leading on from 5 TL is a problem, his kicking skills are not up it and his passing is only average.. The question that has to be asked is whether his defensive strength compensates enough for his lack of offense.
7. As someone who has played in the halves Mateos cross field pass putting outsides under pressure which lead to Storm's try that put them ahead was inexcusable when a kick into the corner was the option.
8. Shaun Johnson played very well, He needs someone who can take the pressure off him and provide a different point of attack.
9. I was 70 metres away and could see that the Storm were holding our players in the scrum. Even the Storm supporters admitted that for the last try.
10. I thought the penalty kick was a mistake. At the ground I thought they were struggling and I was confident of a 6 pointer. 2 points were never going to be enough in that game.

2. Interesting, I will re-watch tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me. Martel is the worst defending second rower in the comp. Chuck him beside a guy who's returning from a long leg-related layoff and you have problems.
3. Agreed. Our forwards outplayed the Storm in my opinion.
4. Hurrell at pace is insane. He's wasted when he gets the ball a metre from the defense.
5. Fair call - in the first half how many awesome attacking opportunities did we throw away? Many!!!!!
6. Hmm. Yeah TL did have some wobbly passes in tonight's game.
7. Martel is making some insane decisions lately... and you know why yeah? He's desperate to look flashy enough for origin. Problem is, he doesn't have the form to make these plays and he's costing us dearly. DROP
8. Agreed.
9. Yeah Martel had an obvious jersey grab on him which led to Slater's free run in for the try. Fucking frustrating, but not as bad as that 4-20...
10. Agreed.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I voted Shaun Johnson. thought Locke, Friend and Benry not far behind. Our 4 props were good. Fuck, the whole team was good bar Ropo nad Mateo's efforts and possibly TL at 6, really not sure thats his position. Shit, if you were told before the game we would be leading the storm by 2 with 12 to play and we had made Cam Smith have a little tanty behind the posts to his team I think we all would have been happy

wallacenz

wallacenz

nope, he was very honest. 1. we have problems in the last 10-20mins.individual errors costing us 2. refs calls have gone against us. he got asked if he thinks the warriors get more than thier fair share of bad calls. Elliott said' ask the refs boss, he's an ex warriors coach, see what he says, i'd be very inte ested' LMFAO :hilarious:
yeah just watched, thanks for the link

warriors8

warriors8

big UPS to ME. Why have 2 refs when 1 video ref can change the state of the game? The pass from the storm winger to chambers was forward, just look at the line on the field where he passes the ball and where the ball was caught by chambers. Video ref have an opinion on that? Bellamy just an arrogant bastard....until he coaches the warriors 1 day hahaha

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Tupou scored a nice try off a Johnson pass but he also missed an opportunity to score off a sweet kick from Johnson , or he should have at least batted it back to the centre but he fumbled it out, Tupou should have hustled Waqa in defence and helped out Locke when Sisa Waqa scored but he got smoked then too, just little momentum killer stuff.
Mate I was at the game and Tupou had no show with the kick

warriors8

warriors8

agree, he would of caught it over the side line and I was watching it on tv

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
The forwards need to be strong, mean, passionate, tackle ferociously so opposite teams are fearful of them. Look at the 2002 forward pack that we had.....F**ken grinders till the 80th minute!!
Led by one of my top 3 Warriors of all time, Kevin Fuckan Campion!

We need a new Campion. Someone with heart and mongrel. Make other teams drop their nuts...

Reactions: gREVUS
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
As said by others, we need that mongrel back. Sign JWH! If we cut the error rate we could afford his penalty count.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Whose talking up our forwards? Show me one who made more than 100m...
I am. As a pack. They did what was required.
Rapira made 102m but I take your point. Our go forward was provided by our fringe. Not up the middle...
Not sure thats entirely accurate. our pack v their pack numbers are fairly similar in total. Sure, individuals may not have run for the 'magical' 100m mark but thats not the be all and end all when talking about performance in the game.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
I am. As a pack. They did what was required.

Not sure thats entirely accurate. our pack v their pack numbers are fairly similar in total. Sure, individuals may not have run for the 'magical' 100m mark but thats not the be all and end all when talking about performance in the game.
Ropati ran more metres then Packer!!!

Reactions: ramraider78