Post Match Rd 17: Rabbitohs Beat Warriors 30-13

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Who was your MoM?

• Total voters
Cant bring myself to watch the replay but from drunken memory I just remember the Burgess bros running all over us straight down the middle. I remember one set the Rabbits made 78m up to the 5th tackle! Then of course Reynolds makes a perfect last tackle kick. They were making metres at will that half.

We have had a big problem bringing down the bigger boys all season like Sam Moa, FPN, Thaiday, Fifita, etc They are being allowed to stand in the tackle and offload, leg drive or just simply run over the top of us. We have been saved lately by our mad scrambling defence but its not a tactic thats ideal or sustainable IMO...

Absolutely, we haven't been able to contain bigger packs all season even the Dogs Kasiano, Pritchard etc looked like destroyers when they played us

Sam Burgess was especially devastating with his ball carries, just ran rampant through the middle all game, very hard to handle, I thought we contained stop sign Georgie quite well, I recall Gubb putting a couple of decent shots on him too or was that poor Ben Lowe?!

Reactions: mt.wellington
They showed KONRADS fuck you try where he knocked over 4 STH Sydney Players incl Greg Inglis (on his arse)
in tonights Foxfooty NRL wrap. on Fox Sports.

It has to be one of the trys of the season.

Konrad ..is my Fave Player..And he has alot of NRL fans now, even though they are not Warrior Supporters.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Absolutely, we haven't been able to contain bigger packs all season even the Dogs Kasiano, Pritchard etc looked like destroyers when they played us

Sam Burgess was especially devastating with his ball carries, just ran rampant through the middle all game, very hard to handle, I thought we contained stop sign Georgie quite well, I recall Gubb putting a couple of decent shots on him too or was that poor Ben Lowe?!
Yeah Lowe and McQueen we didnt have too much of an issue containing but Surgess and Gurgess run amuck in the second half and even Asotasi and Lima made the advantage line more often then not.

Wish our lock or first tackler would just take on Lucks tackling philosophy, 'Go in hard and low'. Leave the delay tactics to the 2nd and 3rd man in...

Cant bring myself to watch the replay but from drunken memory I just remember the Burgess bros running all over us straight down the middle. I remember one set the Rabbits made 78m up to the 5th tackle! Then of course Reynolds makes a perfect last tackle kick. They were making metres at will that half.

We have had a big problem bringing down the bigger boys all season like Sam Moa, FPN, Thaiday, Fifita, etc They are being allowed to stand in the tackle and offload, leg drive or just simply run over the top of us. We have been saved lately by our mad scrambling defence but its not a tactic thats ideal or sustainable IMO...

Worded perfectly! We show admirable and brave scrambling defense, lead by the likes of Nathan Friend and Elijah Taylor. But this tactic / style is utterly unsustainable and leaves us too ruined to mount any decent attack after a period of holding our line.

Inruin

Contributor
Split all the main stats I follow into their respective halves. Green highlight is either teams best half. Notice a pattern?

Got to hand it to the Rabbitohs. Not sure what Maguire said at halftime but they really turned it up in the 2nd half and improved on all their 1st half stats bar the error rate. The Warriors on the other hand...​
That try in the 48min from a knock on into Hurrell was the big turning point. That let the Rabbitohs get on the roll and eventually over run us. Not saying they wouldnt have done that anyway, but chances are they would have made mistakes trying to chase points like we did torwards the end of the game.

Yeah Lowe and McQueen we didnt have too much of an issue containing but Surgess and Gurgess run amuck in the second half and even Asotasi and Lima made the advantage line more often then not.

Wish our lock or first tackler would just take on Lucks tackling philosophy, 'Go in hard and low'. Leave the delay tactics to the 2nd and 3rd man in...

Ahhh yes ol' Logan Swann coming in for the flop

I saw man of Steel tonight, its like the scene where they put handcuffs on superman because they feel like it gives them some sense of security and control even though he can snap them in half at anytime. there putting handcuffs on konnie for whatever reason when clearly he can break his man one on one at anytime.lol

Haha gold! I watched it Tuesday night myself, it's what it seems like to me. Get the ball in Konnies hands as often as possible especially with the flying fish outside him because of Hurrells great ability to set up his outside man when it's on.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Haha gold! I watched it Tuesday night myself, it's what it seems like to me. Get the ball in Konnies hands as often as possible especially with the flying fish outside him because of Hurrells great ability to set up his outside man when it's on.
He had absolutely no right scoring this try. He was well covered and there was nothing on. To have the strength to not only shrug off Goodwin but to also split Merritt, McQueen and Inglis was simply amazing!

I would like to see Taylor play 2nd row on that side with Mannering to lock. I wonder what damage he would do if he had Mateo inside him? Can you imagine Konnie running off Taumalolo or Sika Manu in the RLWC2013! I also want to see Locke make more of a presence there too. Even if its only as a decoy but Konnie needs to be given more clean ball. A set piece off the scrum involving Konrad and Manu wouldnt hurt either.

For the first time since maybe 2003 we seem to finally have true potency on both edges...

Konnie is a unique talent, not unlike Inglis in many ways. On the League Hour the other day they were asking Friend who was faster out of Johnson and Fish, and Friend actually said that over 40m Konnie gives them a run for their money. His ridiculous acceleration was on show in that Rabbits try, it seems all the Rabbits underestimated how fast he can accellerate after he ran over the top of Goodwin. Such a rare talent to have that power and speed all in one whilst being built like a brick house.

Reactions: 1 person

Yea agree, they got their momentum going and we couldn't stop it, or control field position. Someone had to send a message out to try and pin them in a corner, then just go all out on defence for a set sinking the shoulders in. Its something we can do as well as anyone, and we did it a lot to Brisbane and Syndey.[DOUBLEPOST=1373583973][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ahhh yes ol' Logan Swann coming in for the flop
The worst thing about this forum is that Logan Swann always makes a return. He hangs round like the guy you didn't invite to the party!

That's why I wouldn't be gutted to see Friend go. He's got a heart like a lion, and will become part of Warriors folklore, but the number of times he gets run over while making the tackle doesn't do us any favours when some big bruiser is hitting it up the guts. When Souths focused on the middle, we were left at a constant disadvantage because of that.

Reactions: Defence
That's why I wouldn't be gutted to see Friend go. He's got a heart like a lion, and will become part of Warriors folklore, but the number of times he gets run over while making the tackle doesn't do us any favours when some big bruiser is hitting it up the guts. When Souths focused on the middle, we were left at a constant disadvantage because of that.

That is why I think the tackle stats are misleading. Friend is brave and does get involved in a lot of tacles, but how effective are they, offloads, extra metres gained, other players required in tackle. I am not trying to criticise because he works in the land of giants and punches well above his size and his 80 minute motor is worth a lot.

As far as the bench goes I want to see like for like. I would put Matulino in Mateos spot when Mateo is subbed. We have too much drop off when we have Mateo subbed by Lowrie, good defender that he is or Lowrie stays in the middle and Taylor goes attacking edge. We cannot afford to have a passenger on the bench and 15 minute cameos don't cut it either IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
As far as the bench goes I want to see like for like. I would put Matulino in Mateos spot when Mateo is subbed. We have too much drop off when we have Mateo subbed by Lowrie, good defender that he is or Lowrie stays in the middle and Taylor goes attacking edge. We cannot afford to have a passenger on the bench and 15 minute cameos don't cut it either IMO.

That's kind of what they are doing, Lowrie is definately defending in the middle with Taylor on the edge, unsure who is playing left edge in attack though when Mateo is off.

Mateo is being rested for too long, if they have to give him a break make it a short one.
I don't have a problem with short cameos off the bench necessarily, as long as all 4 get on and make an impact.

I wish we had a big hooker who could really hit to share with Friend.
A Dean Young / Monty Betham type would be ideal to spell Friend and spend sometime in the back row as Lowrie does now, so you don't waste an extra interchange.

Warriors are a good team, Rabbitohs are just that much better than the rest at the moment and look certain for the minor premiership. I was gutted with the result but philisophical that we will learn and beat them next time. Read something the other day about how the Warriors should be aiming for top 4 spot with a home final and I fully agree.

Things I'd like to see more of from the Warriors:

- I like Laumape
- Fisiiahi is DYING to run - give him the ball!
- I'd like to see Friend running out of dummy half more, more, more. So much more, please!
- I'd like to see a quicker play the ball from Friend
- I'd like to see Johnson take on the line a bit more
- I'm glad Mannering got that try, but I'd rather his role continue to be that of the solid defender

I like reading other comments from other teams fans talking about the 'exciting brand' of football the Warriors play. Apart from the Broncos thrashing, the Warriors haven't really played that expansive game for some time. I hope they bring it back a little bit more against power house forward packs like the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs it may help our rotation out

And finally I'd just like to say :

Fuck you Inglis!! I hope security touched you up when you went through Perth/Sydney Airports!

Fuck you Reynolds!! I hope your next tattoo goes septic and your foot falls off!

Fuck you Shovelhead and your brick shithouse brothers!! (Though you were good in that Goonies movie).

GO WARRIORS!

Reactions: Xfactor

Far Away Fan

That is why I think the tackle stats are misleading. Friend is brave and does get involved in a lot of tacles, but how effective are they, offloads, extra metres gained, other players required in tackle. I am not trying to criticise because he works in the land of giants and punches well above his size and his 80 minute motor is worth a lot.

I'd like the NRL to introduce a new stat, with the abbreviation NPET. Not Particularly Effective Tackle.
That would separate the men from the boys!
[Up North stands up straight, sticks his chest out]

Reactions: Maraea

Far Away Fan

Things I'd like to see more of from the Warriors:

- I like Laumape
- Fisiiahi is DYING to run - give him the ball!
- I'd like to see Friend running out of dummy half more, more, more. So much more, please!
- I'd like to see a quicker play the ball from Friend
- I'd like to see Johnson take on the line a bit more
- I'm glad Mannering got that try, but I'd rather his role continue to be that of the solid defender

...as well as someone who passes the ball!

But yes, all of the above.

Laumape and Hurrell are both of them mercurial steamrollering try-scoring talents. But they need the ball if they're gonna score.

I like reading other comments from other teams fans talking about the 'exciting brand' of football the Warriors play. Apart from the Broncos thrashing, the Warriors haven't really played that expansive game for some time. .....

Because they were so far ahead and knew that from the get go, compared to a seriously depleted Broncos side, so they felt able to step away from the game plan and express themselves with the ball?

Reactions: Maraea
i
He had absolutely no right scoring this try. He was well covered and there was nothing on. To have the strength to not only shrug off Goodwin but to also split Merritt, McQueen and Inglis was simply amazing!

I would like to see Taylor play 2nd row on that side with Mannering to lock. I wonder what damage he would do if he had Mateo inside him? Can you imagine Konnie running off Taumalolo or Sika Manu in the RLWC2013! I also want to see Locke make more of a presence there too. Even if its only as a decoy but Konnie needs to be given more clean ball. A set piece off the scrum involving Konrad and Manu wouldnt hurt either.

For the first time since maybe 2003 we seem to finally have true potency on both edges...

i think that play in particular where simon plays the decoy and Shaun Johnson gives the ball to hurrell is worth giving a go at least 5 times a game. i could see that particular play as having a triple threat.

1. you have Shaun Johnson taking it to the line and if they over cover konnie than Shaun Johnson goes solo or gives a good dummy.
2. Shaun Johnson did what he just did then and give konnie early ball in a one on one, 70% chance hell break the line.
3. You either play the skip ball to fish or the grubber in behind with fish flying through potentially scoring or at least a ball in goal creating a repeat set opportunity.

Youg guys wanna know who the plays the most important part in this play? Simon with his decoy or basically getting the hell out of the way!

The Wellington Polar Bears, playing out of their home stadium, the Temple of Frost, situated in Island Bay to catch the Southerly gales directly from the South Island. Polar Bears sounds lame but man they are badass animals.
At up to 1000kg and running at 46 km per hour ( Fish hits 36km at full tilt I'd say he would be Fish patties )
Polar Bears are smart creatures , on a footy paddock they would dye themselves green if given the means and eat the entire opposition team and any anyone they didn't like in Pink too.
Sold as poorly miss understood cuddly things to little girls , I would say they are the worst possible land Mammal to piss off.