Pick Your Team 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Pick Your Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic

Bro, when did you get that awesome Warriors tattoo on your neck??

I swear to god, the day we win a premiership I am getting a Warriors tattoo ❤️
I got that one in 2011, the day after SJ carved up the Storm in the GF qualifier haha I'll hopefully be adding premiership dates to it one day soon.

Put it this way. If Webster selects the same team that lost to the Panthers and we do win against the Knights then we'd all be happy and praise the team and coach. But if we do lose then we'd would be berating Webster and his selections and the team.

I have trouble with that logic.

You are going to lose in the NRL and more often than not it has nothing to do with what a proven good coach does.

The opposition and the Ref have as much to do with the outcome as our mob.

Not having ago at you or other posters, I just thought we had got passed the good coach bad coach thinking after a plus sixty percent winning record.

Anytime the Warriors get thumped the knives come out, we got a hiding man (again not aimed at you) by a much better team, a team a lot better than anyone.

Is Webster supposed to wave a magic wand and make our Roster as perfect as the year four Panthers?

I mention the Panthers because this place has turned after one hiding in our first final, when you go back and read the thread for that week leading up to the game, almost all of us knew we were ten percent chance at best. A lot of people seem to be having trouble balancing reality.

Whoever Webster names today is entitled to go out their and play the game of their lives and payback their coaches faith in them, whether that is our stars or players fans don't like. That will win the game whatever the bench looks like.

You are going to lose in the NRL and more often than not it has nothing to do with what a proven good coach does.

Not having ago at you or other posters, I just thought we had got passed the good coach bad coach thinking after a plus sixty percent winning record.

Anytime the Warriors get thumped the knives come out, we got a hiding man (again not aimed at you) by a much better team, a team a lot better than anyone.

Is Webster supposed to wave a magic wand and make our Roster as perfect as the year four Panthers?

I mention the Panthers because this place has turned after one hiding in our first final, when you go back and read the thread for that week leading up to the game, almost all of us knew we were ten percent chance at best. A lot of people seem to be having trouble balancing reality.

Whoever Webster names today is entitled to go out their and play the game of their lives and payback their coaches faith in them, whether that is our stars or players fans don't like. That will win the game whatever the bench looks like.
It's like reviews for hotels/restaurants, some people only go through the effort of posting to criticise. That's totally OK, but it is the reason you think the 'forum has flipped'.

We are an emotive lot here, and who can blame us 😅

BTW, look forward to your "I TOLD YOU SO BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN DID YOU" post after we absolutely annihilate them on the weekend 😉

Not gonna lie, I think the waves of utter disappointment from Saturday have now passed and I'm climbing back up towards the anticipatory excitement zone again now! Only a few more days now!

All good. That post was based on my emotion/personal view, not logic. What I'm trying to say is that we as fans want the club to do well so we always have opinions on which players should be in the team etc. We are not the coach I get that but sometimes it's frustrating to see when the team the coach chooses doesn't perform on the field whereas the team us fans want may have did better.

Anyhow, let's just look forward to Saturday. Let's hope if its the same team that lost to Penrith named tonight that they'll go out there and get the job done.

you would think SJ wouldn't be training with his calf injury. Resting and rehabilitating it while Volkman slots in to help with training and be ready to go if required on Saturday

To add to this, Volkman isn't wearing a bib while all the first teamers in the photos are; Zyon Maiu’u is in the same clip that Volkman is in and he's not wearing a bib, along with some other dude (with a terrible cut) who I've never seen in my life

Would be surprised if SJ did more than the Captain's Run this week in terms of on-field stuff, which I am sure will give a lot of us the shits for the rest of the week lol

If you rush a calf it is gonna blow.

It is not the type of injury that gets better by pushing it.

It is exactly the type of stress injury that gets blown out by putting a 91 kg weight of a human body on top of it while at sprint Newtons laws increase the force up to six to eight times the load being propelled.

The problem is this is not an injury that produces primarily pain (which can be dulled) it is an injury that also has direct impact on function.

If you push an injured calf muscle too soon, very quickly the muscle will no longer function, you won't be able to run and or even walk.

Fortunately I do not have to worry about any of this, the medicos are in the hot seat and SJs feedback.

But you cannot assume that he will play just because a week has passed and he gets a needle, and it is 'mostly better'.

This is why the club saying he will be available for this week was ridiculous.

If it is not 100% then don't play him. Don't even risk having no SJ do a Captains run. Wait man, wait till he is symptom free then start loading it.
Bro can u even "needle" a calf? How effective is it

This game is the genius of webby or.... not.. Genius that at best we were a 30% chance to beat penny panthers when we still had a lifeline.. so we went in half arsed to fool all (even with the rouse of the charter plane) that we don't have much to be worried about and then 'boom' we beat the Knights and go on a run (3 games) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back