Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Match Stats

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P
Gameday thread for Warriors games. Post your thoughts/discussion/news as the day and game unfolds. Scores/Stats update every 5mins during the game.
Sup42

Sup42

Absolutely. But you have to remember that Locke still hasn't even played a full season at FB. Compare their first season (not the combination of many seasons) with his first season at FB.
I was responding to the Locke is the best Fullback the Warriors ever had sentiment......fb with the most potential would be fair

Kat

Kat

I was hoping it wouldn't be de javu (spelling), but last year mid season the Warriors threw the game away and this one in the same fashion...that line defence was terrible...2 tries in 2 minutes was embarrassing, Manu was great but his brain farts at crucial times are hurting us and Shaun Johnson really thought he would show up Benji but he sort of got schooled imo...our props were pretty average...wish they showed up like they did against the Roosters and Konrad Hurrell wow!...anyway there's my 2 cents...when will Michael Luck and Kevin Locke be back?

Reactions: 1 users
surfin

surfin

After watching it replayed a few times to me Manu didn't miss Utai through a bad read he slipped as he tried to tackle him, something that happened to quite a few players through the game and Utai made the line simply by going low and sliding in.

fanrrior

fanrrior

After watching it replayed a few times to me Manu didn't miss Utai through a bad read he slipped as he tried to tackle him, something that happened to quite a few players through the game and Utai made the line simply by going low and sliding in.
Yes, but it always seems to happen to Vatuvei more.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

After watching it replayed a few times to me Manu didn't miss Utai through a bad read he slipped as he tried to tackle him, something that happened to quite a few players through the game .

We made the comment during the game that longer sprigs would have won the game for us.

ajofbrisbane

ajofbrisbane

So close yet so far......they lacked the mental capacity to close this game out....the team will be a lot better when Luck is back in the middle oranising the defence around the ruck and tidying up....

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

I think Mateo couldve maybe been one step wider when he was running, if i can remember it seemed he was running abit too close to the ruck.also he went into contact wrong i believe, but credit to the tigers they wrapped him up on most of his runs.

Sebastian

Sebastian

One myth about the Tigers is that the sliding defence is the better option. Rubbish. Which is why the Tigers can never beat Melbourne, because Melbourne have a swarming defence. We sat back, let Benji have time to kick, time to run, and time to pass. It was probably the worst thing about our own game. Worse than the one off errors we made, or even the calls against us. We just laid back, while the tigers themselves swarmed us, at least in the second half. I remember being suprised we fell for it again, after that was the same mistake we made against them last year, and changed so well in the second half of the semi final. Which is how i believe we kept them tryless in that stunning second half performance. Anyway i just believe against the Tigers, you must swarm in defence. You must rush in as a group, put pressure on Marshall, and do not sit back.

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

They rushed upp pretty dam fast on our ball runners and took our forward advantage out of the game, Mara struggled to move his Pack around the Ruck.

Pretty Good straight Line on Johnson too, we were out thought in that game.

Reactions: 1 user
fanrrior

fanrrior

also showed smash and bash up the middle 90% of the game is not always the answer
tbh I think that's a great strategy to use against the Tigers. Even though our defence was off, if certain players hadn't made certain errors I think we would have won through this. It's when you try to use it against bigger packs when it seems stupid.

lolcaeks

lolcaeks

I was really disappointed with Fridays game

I feel we really need to work harder and show a little more enthusiasm on the little things

Our kick chase, Line speed and 5th tackle plays were really poor

on the flip side Konrad Hurell what a boss

Sir Bluey

Sir Bluey

tbh I think that's a great strategy to use against the Tigers. Even though our defence was off, if certain players hadn't made certain errors I think we would have won through this. It's when you try to use it against bigger packs when it seems stupid.[/quot

I like to see Mateo run off Maloney ..

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

One myth about the Tigers is that the sliding defence is the better option. Rubbish. Which is why the Tigers can never beat Melbourne, because Melbourne have a swarming defence. We sat back, let Benji have time to kick, time to run, and time to pass. It was probably the worst thing about our own game. Worse than the one off errors we made, or even the calls against us. We just laid back, while the tigers themselves swarmed us, at least in the second half. I remember being suprised we fell for it again, after that was the same mistake we made against them last year, and changed so well in the second half of the semi final. Which is how i believe we kept them tryless in that stunning second half performance. Anyway i just believe against the Tigers, you must swarm in defence. You must rush in as a group, put pressure on Marshall, and do not sit back.
To counter that offensively would being deeper help beat the rushing up? im curious about tactics and strategies thats my reason for asking.

Sebastian

Sebastian

To counter that offensively would being deeper help beat the rushing up? im curious about tactics and strategies thats my reason for asking.

Offensively is a little more tricky. The last time they did that to us, last season, Gus saw it and offered up the suggestion we either spread the ball, stand deeper as you said, or grubber behind them to catch them when they're so far up rushing at us. All credible suggestions.

I also just can't forget the last time we pressured Marshall in that semi, he was throwing wild passes, and was just panicking in general. Like what happened in the Anzac Test. That's how i thought we would've played. Give the Tigers time, you'll pay, but take away that time, and they turn into a rabble.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Agree with the shut down marshall.. Put 4 guys on him every time he touches, just like Sandow & any team he's in..

fanrrior

fanrrior

Not so sure about this. But I think that instead of having just a few players up, have the whole team(except fullback & kick catchers ) up. The way the Tigers shut down Johnson was exactly this. Not only does it reduce the effect of a dummy pass, but it reduces the momentum the players without the ball have when going for a hit up.

Hope this made as much sense on here as it did in my mind lol.