Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Match Stats

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P

Player Statistics

# Player T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT/IT Pos DR H/M K/M AR/M E P
Gameday thread for Warriors games. Post your thoughts/discussion/news as the day and game unfolds. Scores/Stats update every 5mins during the game.
Someone tell me if I'm wrong about Fish. And don't give me the crap about him suffering behind a bad forward pack.

FUCKING THIS! Our forwards TOTALLY steamrolled the Tigers. Fish didn't start doing anything at all until the last 20. I don't even remember him running it back until then. Maloney has really gone off the boil lately. Johnson had a terrible second half, but he was at least good in the first.

The only consolation about such a frustrating loss is how young all of our best players are. Might be time to put Manu out to pasture...I can't remember a game he's singelehandedly won us in the past year...I can damn sure think of a few he's had a major hand in us losing though. I'm not even saying that out of anger. Manu's just starting to embarrass himself when we consider a good game by him as one with minimal fuck ups. =/

Is Manu being moved to centre an option? Because that is the only place I can see him being now. Moving him to the forwards is retarded. He doesn't have the ball handling skills.

Maybe my view of Fish is blurred. The way I saw it, he may as well have not been on the field for the majority. I didn't even notice him for a long time. Yes he took a few good bombs, but his positioning was not good and the only time I saw him use his pace was when he wanted Konrad to put him away. He was jogging before Taqiri was over the line, but had he sprinted he could have at least got a hand in there somewhere. To me, he still hasn't shown anything to indicate he is even a good fill-in first-grade fullback. I hope Locke uses the week off to really recover and get his mojo back. If Locke isn't fit for the next game, I would be tempted to use Omar if he is fit.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong about Fish. And don't give me the crap about him suffering behind a bad forward pack.

P.S. I'm still on the Godinet-to-the-bench bandwagon. Our forwrds are having too many bad games, but we keep giving them all the bench spots. Lets return to a 4 prop rotation, and bring in a supersub.
youre wrong.

the sad thing is that you were adamant locke deserved a good run to prove himself in first grade at fullback but you wont extend the courtesy to fish.

Any team that consistantly leaks 20pts - or, if ignore the point value bacause of course there's conversions involved, 3-4 tries - a game has got issues.

3rd Attack, 15th Defence doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I thought our forwards were all over them in the first half. Second half seemed like a reversal however...combined with Marshall's kicking game, strangled us.

Reactions: Fazz
You have to wonder just how much a game like last weekend takes out of the tank, after absolutely bashing and getting bashed against the roosters it must have an affect a week later.

You have to wonder just how much a game like last weekend takes out of the tank, after absolutely bashing and getting bashed against the roosters it must have an affect a week later.

Not really an excuse though. What if you said to your boss i worked really hard last week so don't be surprised if im crap this week.

I didn't mean it as an excuse but as a fact that it must affect performance. A body that is eleven weeks into getting smashed every week by default probabaly isn't as strong as one two weeks in. Thats not saying the shouldn't have won because I felt they were the team in better form and generally stronger across the board.

Ill give my speel from being at the game. I couldnt see the tele at the ground so much of my observation was from just watching the game.

The first half was good, they game seemed like union for the first 20mins, so many stoppages but it was due to injury and jimmy finding the touchline alot. Didnt give the crowd a chance to really get into it which was good for us.
Looking at our first try from a distance looked awesome, everyone ran great lines and the maloney/hurrell combo is going to get even better. Hurrell's timing of his runs are very good and im excited for his future, i believe he could surpass Toopi as the best centre the warriors have ever had. Those questioning Hurrell service to his wingers have been answered, im more concerned about Bill being in the right places to receive the pass.

I questioned starting Rusty first, his hitups looked weak. Would like to see Matulino and Lilyman start next time but i understand Lilyman and Rapira are still coming back from injury.

Would like to see Mateo run on the right side a little too. i think Jimmy was giving some good short balls but Simon wasnt making the most of them, but either way still love simon and his efforts.

Henry is growing on me, He works hard but still he isnt feeding the beast. I know people will kill me for mentioning Inu but our left side attack is predictable with the bomb to manu. Sometimes i feel sorry for Manu, they're only really using him on kick returns and bombs in the corner, the beast is at his best when hes given space 5 to 10 m out from the line. I feel Inu could be more of a threat, more useful attacking weapon. Im just thinking about down the stretch can Henry put Manu away to score a match winning try or something, im not sure if he can but ill still have him in the team i just want to see him give the beast some more ball.

Like most matches there's periods of dominance and periods where we have to defend, i believe we're still finals material, i think the boys need to learn and train for those periods where the other teams has momentum and possesion, they just need to minimize the other teams impact , i think the game was about to swing back in our favor but it was too late by then, there was only 5-10 min left.

Overall i was happy, loved Hurrels tries, i love how he just runs and runs, he doesnt stop, when benji was chasing him he just kept going and eventuallly benji dropped off, hes definitely a star of the future.

Still really gutted about the loss and gonna have to wait 2 weeks until the next game >.>

Rubbish second half from the boys, they were well on top in the first. That Manu error that let the Beau Ryan try in caused a massive momentum shift, I reckon Moltzen moving into the halves made a huge difference in the Tigers as well.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Mannering unimpressed with soft Warriors

Warriors captain Simon Mannering accepted it was "soft" efforts which cost his side dearly in their NRL loss to Wests Tigers on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.
The Warriors were in control of the match at halftime, leading 10-0, but were sluggish out of the blocks to start the second half and conceded two easy tries inside the first ten minutes to find themselves down 12-10.
Stand-in Wests Tigers skipper Benji Marshall was the major architect of the turnaround, putting in a pinpoint kick for Lote Tuqiri to score in the corner before landing the sideline conversion for the lead.
But far from marvelling at the brilliance of his Test teammate, Mannering was simply fuming over the result, which leads into a bye for last year's grand finalists.
"This one was a big opportunity for us, going into the bye, to get a bit of momentum," Mannering said.
"We didn't play that well in the first half but we led at halftime and had every chance in the game to get the two points and just got soft at the start of the second half.
"You can't let the Tigers have that much ball. They just put a few on us. I'm just disappointed in all."
Warriors coach Brian McClennan was equally disappointed with the missed opportunity, and said his side needed to capitalise more in the first half when they were dominating the contest.
"This one hurts as Simon was saying because we've got the bye and we've got two weeks to stew over it," he said.
"... We got going along and we ended up with more points than them in the first half, but possibly in that stage of the game we needed to convert more."
McClennan felt there was a chance to snatch the game late, but said their lack of patience in attack ultimately led to their downfall.
"We actually started to get back in the game and we were probably a bit impetuous," he said.
"I think we might have bombed on (tackle) four and probably overplayed early in the tackle count.
"It looked like we were going to come back into it but we certainly didn't play anywhere near what we're capable of."

nrl.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soft 4th and 5th tackle options aside, it's our defence that let's us down every week. We can go on and on about what we're capable of in attack until the cows come home, but while we trundle along letting in minimum 20 points a game, we don't have a hope.

Still really gutted about the loss and gonna have to wait 2 weeks until the next game >.>

Rubbish second half from the boys, they were well on top in the first. That Manu error that let the Beau Ryan try in caused a massive momentum shift, I reckon Moltzen moving into the halves made a huge difference in the Tigers as well.

I'm not as fucked off as our mid season loss to the tigers last year..

A very disappointing loss all the same..that would've been massive going in to the bye.. we would've been 5th or there about when we came up against the storm..

And Bluey, when ARE we going to play how we're capable of playing? for 80 minutes that is..

god i hate the warriors

Reactions: Fazz
I'm not as fucked off as our mid season loss to the tigers last year..

A very disappointing loss all the same..that would've been massive going in to the bye.. we would've been 5th or there about when we came up against the storm..

And Bluey, when ARE we going to play how we're capable of playing? for 80 minutes that is..

god i hate the warriors

Yeah, I was fuming last year against the Tigers. Almost had to smash something in the house.

I still rate that as our worst ever loss just about. It's one thing to get outplayed and smashed, but to lose when you're leading by that much is paaaaaaaaathetic.

Packer needs a boot up the arse. He was horrible yesterday imo. Lousi was pretty useless too. We're really missing Locke and Friend imo. But any team would be in a bit of strife missing half of their spine...

We need to spend this next week off working on defensive drills. It's getting to a ridiculous stage. On the plus side, it's more individual errors than structure from what I can tell? I may be wrong though...

I still rate that as our worst ever loss just about. It's one thing to get outplayed and smashed, but to lose when you're leading by that much is paaaaaaaaathetic.

Packer needs a boot up the arse. He was horrible yesterday imo. Lousi was pretty useless too. We're really missing Locke and Friend imo. But any team would be in a bit of strife missing half of their spine...

We need to spend this next week off working on defensive drills. It's getting to a ridiculous stage. On the plus side, it's more individual errors than structure from what I can tell? I may be wrong though...

The individual errors cost us the game, but it was collectively on defence that we were letting in too many metres, therefore allowing Benji to get in those kicks. That second half was like watching us play the Roosters and Canberra a month back. Very painful to watch.

not sure if anyine else feels the same but i got the impression that johnson bought into the whole "him vs benji" hype. he seemed to be forcing too many plays trying to look like the star of the show. for instance how he ran the ball on the last play more than he normally does. i ike the idea of him having alot of oportunities to make plays but thought he pushed it last night.

Bit late for all the banter, but this was extremely dissapointing. That was a shoe in 2 points, but once again we find a way to lose.

The one thing that stood out from this game as oppossed to others was that the mistakes made weren't blindingly obvious (apart from Manu's handling)

IMO nobody needs to get dropped unless it is for Locke to come back in. Fish had a decent game and his intensity was there, but i'm only comparing it to his rats**t effort against the Raiders this year.
Those Shaun Johnson bombs are lovely when they come off for us (ala Broncos) but surely the young bloke has a few more weapons in his arsenal. If not that's something that needs to be worked on and rectified asap. Shaun Johnson needs to sit down and watch Benji's kicking game from last night. If he can add a few more strings to his bow we'll be well on the way to toppling most teams.

Our forwards were decent tonight, but like has been said before the Tiger's line was tight and the tackles were held so offloads weren't really on the menu.

The young fellas really impressed me tonight. Not only hitting the line hard and putting their heads over it, but actually using their skulls. Prime example was Hurrell's hold and pass for Tupou in the corner and his kick for Fish. Benry's really coming along in leaps and bounds.

As strange as this sounds, this loss could be a big positive for us. Points out we can still lose to rats**t teams, but still beat top class units. Shows our lack of versatility and gives us a week off to work hard rather than sit back before we romp the Storm.

As strange as this sounds, this loss could be a big positive for us. Points out we can still lose to rats**t teams, but still beat top class units. Shows our lack of versatility and gives us a week off to work hard rather than sit back before we romp the Storm.
Unless they are spending the week at an amusement park :p