Support/Announcement Questions For Admin

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I have won the bookie competition the last two years running, and still haven’t received the two Warriors Jerseys they said I’ve won.
Just don’t feel I’m part of the community.
Apologies for the delay. Just a friendly reminder but if you are waiting on something fire a pm my way. Your last message was buried 11 pages deep within my PMs. Steeden had the courtesy to remind me as ive got many things. Anyway ill pm you and get it sorted this wknd n pm you the details.

For the record you did 2016 season and requested a 2017 season jersey. We waited till 2017 stock was released as requested. We then tried to get it signed but couldnt get it arranged. You then won 2017 comp and asked for 2018 jersey to be sent together. Anyway its my fault for not getting it organised but you havent been waiting 2 years for it. Communications n sorting it all out takes time ontop of ecerything else. But atleast show courtesy by dropping a pm to us asking whats up rather than be upset that you dont believe you are part of the community because you havent received your free jerseys from a non profit site where volunteers help out wherever they can...

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Been getting a few google ad banners of late that cover the top menu bar, understand the need for ads but can be a bit obstructive to navigating the sight as you have to close the ad then answer the question to make it go away- anyone else having this issue

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Been getting a few google ad banners of late that cover the top menu bar, understand the need for ads but can be a bit obstructive to navigating the sight as you have to close the ad then answer the question to make it go away- anyone else having this issue
Can you please pm a screenshot? Also details about os version as well as browser and version. Should not be happening.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Can you please pm a screenshot? Also details about os version as well as browser and version. Should not be happening.

No worries will post when/ if it comes up next.
Use iOS on iPhone and pad

Mod note - if anyone has same issue and uses an iphone/ipad please provide model details as well as browser and version number as well as screenshot as well please. Also check if issue also on another browser on sane OS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citygirl

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
May 3, 2016
Christchurch
I've been getting them last few days, I'm on a Samsung s7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180324-180325.png
    Screenshot_20180324-180325.png
    558.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: bruce and Johnnyray

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Just finished work an would like to say a big thank you to all the posters on the gameday thread .
I don't always get to watch it live .But the posters
Give an interesting take on the game .
Plz don't limit posts I would have hated to miss out on the last ten minutes updates .Because of someone else's sensitivities .J

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Just finished work an would like to say a big thank you to all the posters on the gameday thread .
I don't always get to watch it live .But the posters
Give an interesting take on the game .
Plz don't limit posts I would have hated to miss out on the last ten minutes updates .Because of someone else's sensitivities .J

The game day thread functions as a chat forum, no one would want to see posts limited there. One of the beauties about this site for me is having a community to be involved in on game day, because I have no one into league at home I can ride the journey with. Emotional outbursts and verbal diarrhoea are what people want to see here!

My initial response was in relation to a thread in which 7 of the first 9 posts I read were written by one person often in response to himself and were part of a largely off-topic racism rant. In this situation a post limit may have decreased these 7 posts into 1 or 2 considered posts. I'm not even sure a post limit is what I would go with, but as I said discussion about these things is valuable to ensure this continues to be a top-draw, user-friendly site (I seriously think it is the best of all the club forums in terms of content and moderation).

I think it is crude to label this request for dialogue as some buzzkill's Helen Lovejoy-like 'sensibilities' as you have put it. Forum etiquette is a large part of what makes a site like this a great place to be (and saves volunteer moderators from a shit load of work at the end of their day).

lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.jpg

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
The game day thread functions as a chat forum, no one would want to see posts limited there. One of the beauties about this site for me is having a community to be involved in on game day, because I have no one into league at home I can ride the journey with. Emotional outbursts and verbal diarrhoea are what people want to see here!

My initial response was in relation to a thread in which 7 of the first 9 posts I read were written by one person often in response to himself and were part of a largely off-topic racism rant. In this situation a post limit may have decreased these 7 posts into 1 or 2 considered posts. I'm not even sure a post limit is what I would go with, but as I said discussion about these things is valuable to ensure this continues to be a top-draw, user-friendly site (I seriously think it is the best of all the club forums in terms of content and moderation).

I think it is crude to label this request for dialogue as some buzzkill's Helen Lovejoy-like 'sensibilities' as you have put it. Forum etiquette is a large part of what makes a site like this a great place to be (and saves volunteer moderators from a shit load of work at the end of their day).

View attachment 24584
ok I think you were talking about the set to be sold posts?
in which the posts were not racist . More someone trying to get clarity on a
article in which race was brought up .An yes it might have been over done
but its easy to scroll past a thread or Two or twenty .What you stated you wanted was a cap
on posts .not dialogue .Any way you can use another word if you want I thought sensibilities was
not to offensive .
by the way I find some of the posters here have vast knowledge an inside info into our club
while others add differing perspectives .Which is funny cause we all watch the same game .
so I wasn't trying to offend you just putting mine in

Reactions: Sup42 and Inruin

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Curious - how is it that I get banned from the “warriors set to be sold” thread for cracking one joke yet the WHOLE thread reads as one bad joke????

Not butt hurt as I don’t have anything remotely useful to add (judging by the posts either does anyone else - that Includes Bruce the goose) but just saying....

No offence intended.

Well maybe just a little....

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Curious - how is it that I get banned from the “warriors set to be sold” thread for cracking one joke yet the WHOLE thread reads as one bad joke????

Not butt hurt as I don’t have anything remotely useful to add (judging by the posts either does anyone else - that Includes Bruce the goose) but just saying....

No offence intended.

Well maybe just a little....
Mod log states you were warned about making pointless posts on that thread. Yes, you arent the only one and once i get a chance everyone making a pointless thread in that thread since last warning regarding it will have a reply ban added. Just had a quick look...seriously some people...The thread is a good indictment that this forum is not ready for a meaningful Q&A and as such its pointless to pursue getting Mcgregor on here. Wont be wasting anytime doing that.

Mods keep on saying stop making extra work for us, give countless alert warnings, pms/and ensuing replies, posts regarding it but it all just gets ignored.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Mod log states you were warned about making pointless posts on that thread. Yes, you arent the only one and once i get a chance everyone making a pointless thread in that thread since last warning regarding it will have a reply ban added. Just had a quick look...seriously some people...The thread is a good indictment that this forum is not ready for a meaningful Q&A and as such its pointless to pursue getting Mcgregor on here. Wont be wasting anytime doing that.

Mods keep on saying stop making extra work for us, give countless alert warnings, pms/and ensuing replies, posts regarding it but it all just gets ignored.

Fair enough.

All I ask is that you’re consistent. Because I know some of you refs are subconsciously bias.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
All I ask is that you’re consistent. Because I know some of you refs are subconsciously bias.
If you were consistent in not making extra work for us, i doubt we would be having this chat. But ill just put it down to some people as slow learners. So suck it up. There have been numerous warnings posted about that thread. If you continue to ignore, thats not our fault.

P.S i didnt give you that reply ban on that thread. If it was me i would have given you more than a week. Yes, because i am subconciously biased.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
No offence intended to admin or mods, but if you're gonna start banning forum members you might want to ban Mr Richard Fale as well if you're gonna be consistent

Off topic, blatant trolling, shit posting etc

I know he's an invited guest but read some of Fale's recent posts, basically trolling people he doesn't agree with, just puposely inflaming things further IMO

What's gonna happen if this cat actually takes ownership of our club, is he gonna start trolling this forum if we get too bitchy after a bad loss ???

I may not personally agree with what some forum members are saying or how they're saying it it but if it's good for the goose then it's gotta be good for the gander so to speak

No pun or joke intended it's just how I talk / write

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
No offence intended to admin or mods, but if you're gonna start banning forum members you might want to ban Mr Richard Fale as well if you're gonna be consistent
To be fair Tahjay invited Fale on, which seemed a bit of a coup. It looks like quite a few were banned (including me) so don't take it personally brother. If the mods were overloaded they didn't have much option.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
To be fair Tahjay invited Fale on, which seemed a bit of a coup. It looks like quite a few were banned (including me) so don't take it personally brother. If the mods were overloaded they didn't have much option.
I've never actually been banned bro ... touch wood lol

I just couldn't actually believe some of the stuff Fale was posting is all

IMO it's one thing when us actual forum members get a bit feral

But it's a totally different scenario when an alleged potential owner chimes in as well

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I've never actually been banned bro ... touch wood lol

I just couldn't actually believe some of the stuff Fale was posting is all

IMO it's one thing when us actual forum members get a bit feral

But it's a totally different scenario when an alleged potential owner chimes in as well
while i agree he had definitely come to our level, i guess it just goes to show even potential owners are Human after all. Goes to show why so many companies have very strict policies on social media, or in fact any media.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I found this post from Tahjay on the Warriors set to be sold thread.
" Looks like people are climbing over each other to be banned from this thread. Looks like warnings and reply bans are not working. Any offtopic/personal attacks/treating this thread like a personal chat/dating site will result in a holiday from this site. No more warnings will be given.

Apologies to majority of the people who are sane and can post on here in a civilised manner."ooks like people are climbing over each other to be banned from this thread. Looks like warnings and reply bans are not working. Any offtopic/personal attacks/treating this thread like a personal chat/dating site will result in a holiday from this site. No more warnings will be given.

Apologies to majority of the people who are sane and can post on here in a civilised manner."

I was banned from the thread for posting a few honest questions. Sure I was pissed off but I took it on the chin. I didn't really want to be on the thread that evening anyway.

Now I find that my questions were uncivilised and insane.

Sorry Tahjay I am not going to PM you.

I am going to call you out for very poor forum etiquette.

I don't expect an apology, I just need to call you out, in public.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings