Support/Announcement Questions For Admin

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I was banned from the thread for posting a few honest questions.
You were NOT barred from replying to that thread for asking 'few honest questions'. As explained to you via PM, you were asked to stop treating the thread as a chat site. You kept on asking same things over and over again. People DO NOT HAVE TO respond to you. Yet if they didnt, you kept going on and on about it. You were flooding the thread asking the same things again and again. You were sent atleast 3 PMs asking to tone it down. People were getting tired of reading the same thing over and over again. You cannot call someone a racist and other terms and then ask someone to take you seriously. That was not the tone for a civilised discussion and you played a part (as he did) in taking that thread downhill. I personally actually supported your view, but you took it way too far.
Sorry Tahjay I am not going to PM you.
Thanks, itll save me time repeating same things over again.
I am going to call you out for very poor forum etiquette.
For sure, i know i get cranky but sometimes it just needs to be said. If you find my posts being poor forum etiquette, feel free to report or mark it as appropriate. I am not above board and i do delete my posts if they get reported on/feel that it is part of posts that take discussion offtopic too. That thread had the potential to be insightful, but a lack of respect from both sides descended it into chaos. You cannot call a person out, make assumptions and then expect them to take you seriously enough to answer you. You acted online in that thread just like a heckler would in a real public debate. Entertaining to see for a while, but then when the same things get said over and over again it gets very repetitive and boring.
I don't expect an apology, I just need to call you out, in public.
Thats fine, you werent getting an apology anyway.

BTW circumventing your thread reply ban, by posting about Richard (the following post in THIS thread - which has been deleted) is against the rules. You were thread reply banned on that thread for a reason.

For the record, the "insane and uncivilised" question to Fale was whether he declared his US fraud conviction to NZ Immigration when he arrived here.

I had been checking back on a few articles from David Long who blew the story a long time ago about Fale and his conviction.

I would honestly like to know the answer to that. Would anybody else?.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You were NOT barred from replying to that thread for asking 'few honest questions'. As explained to you via PM, you were asked to stop treating the thread as a chat site. You kept on asking same things over and over again. People DO NOT HAVE TO respond to you. Yet if they didnt, you kept going on and on about it. You were flooding the thread asking the same things again and again. You were sent atleast 3 PMs asking to tone it down. People were getting tired of reading the same thing over and over again. You cannot call someone a racist and other terms and then ask someone to take you seriously. That was not the tone for a civilised discussion and you played a part (as he did) in taking that thread downhill. I personally actually supported your view, but you took it way too far.

Thanks, itll save me time repeating same things over again.

For sure, i know i get cranky but sometimes it just needs to be said. If you find my posts being poor forum etiquette, feel free to report or mark it as appropriate. I am not above board and i do delete my posts if they get reported on/feel that it is part of posts that take discussion offtopic too. That thread had the potential to be insightful, but a lack of respect from both sides descended it into chaos. You cannot call a person out, make assumptions and then expect them to take you seriously enough to answer you. You acted online in that thread just like a heckler would in a real public debate. Entertaining to see for a while, but then when the same things get said over and over again it gets very repetitive and boring.

Thats fine, you werent getting an apology anyway.

BTW circumventing your thread reply ban, by posting about Richard (the following post in THIS thread - which has been deleted) is against the rules. You were thread reply banned on that thread for a reason.
So all that meant I am uncivilised and insane does it?:rolleyes: Only somebody with issues could say that brother.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
You know things are getting feral when I can't be arsed reading threads, I've spent more time on here over the years than with my bloody kids, and have certainly done my share of contributing to tajhay's ulcer. Only real difference I see to myself and some others is I don't hit buttons to complain I just don't bother reading posts.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Although I was banned (quite rightly) from the Sale thread, may I ask if Richard is still planning on engaging there Taj?

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I used to read Raelene Castles replies to Dogs fans, and marvel at how fortunate the Kennel was.

Answers eventually became like political speak when they hit tough times.

You'd get knobs banging on about Castle and often in those posts gender references would feature.

Eventually she gave up.

People kill the goose that lays the golden egg eventually.

It is in their nature.

Last edited:

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I used to read Raelene Castles replays to Dogs fans, and marvel at how fortunate the Kennel was.

You'd get knobs banging on about Castle and often in those posts gender references would feature.

Eventually she gave up.

It is in their nature.
if you dont kill the goose you dont get HOT WINGS.

But yea it was way out of hand and full respect for anyone who wadded through that drivel. Such a shame, but can really see why companies use professionals to answer questions.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I used to read Raelene Castles replies to Dogs fans, and marvel at how fortunate the Kennel was.

Eventually she gave up.

It is in their nature.
Are you honestly comparing comparing Richard Fale to Raelene Castle?

Snoopy

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 19, 2017
Hi mods - just wanted to know how do I check how much bookie cash I have? I get an alert each week and I place a couple of bets but not sure how it has all worked out

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Hi mods - just wanted to know how do I check how much bookie cash I have? I get an alert each week and I place a couple of bets but not sure how it has all worked out
On desktop it should show up just below you user account details:
Screenshot_20180329-081812.jpg

On mobile that bit is not shown due to screen size constraints. You can always click on your posts where it says your username to bring up your profile and it shows it there:
Screenshot_20180329-081554.jpg

Also when you make a wager on the screen you will be told how much bookie cash you have left.

Hope that helps. If this doesnt, send a PM to oman mate and hell guide you.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Are you honestly comparing comparing Richard Fale to Raelene Castle?
Not at all Bruce.

I was talking about the opportunity to engage.

Not pointing the finger at anyone, that would be hypocritical after my post.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
<retracted by mod as he is still going on about Fale>

No, I think he is calling you a goose killer

:chicken: :mask:
Hey Tahjay, is this post an example of an informative post that meets the aim of this site to be the highest standard league forum around? Just asking like.o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Hey Tahjay, is this post an example of an informative post that meets the aim of this site to be the highest standard league forum around? Just asking like.o_O
I dont see anything wrong with it. Dont deem it to be a personal attack. Another mod can delete it if they consider otherwise. If it isnt clear already, we moderate the warriors section usually. Lets others flow. Only step in if there are personal attacks, spam, and illegal content. And for the record i personally moderate very seldom...most of my time is taken up behind the scenes...and you can tell how much i like to/want to moderate by my cranky nature when i have to step in. I dont envy anyone who has to deal with it hence my often cranky posts to "stop it or else" lol

We never stated we want to be the 'highest standard league forum' around. We do have certain objectives though. Besides if we were to adhere to that standard probably 50+% of all posts on this entire forum would be deleted, and probably 100% of your recent posts ;)

BTW ive left your recently reported posts for other mods to manage. I suggest take a deep breathe. Its not the end of the world if people delete your post or bar you from replying in one thread. As surfin stated there are far more important things in life to worry about.

Besides that post looks like a tongue in cheek comment to ME anyway. Read through this thread and others on moderation and you will see others saying similar stuff about mods. Its ok to be poked fun of, its harmless. Dont take it personal.

Might add "require thick skin" to terms and conditions of using the site.

BTW next post about Fale or Sale of the club WILL result in a holiday for you. Its not just barred from replying...but you wont be able to access the site at all. As explained circumventing bans is frowned upon. We dont want to resort to that.

Please dont waste our time and we wont waste yours. You may not realise it but i have far more important things to be doing than replying to this. If you have a moderation query, you need to contact myself or a mod. The purpose of this support forum is to actually assist people who need help with the site.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Just on the subject of posters leaving- is there a thread where we can ask where any old posters are? Maybe someone knows? Maybe we can drag a couple out of retirement? Maybe they're posting under different "socks"
I would start one but I'm sure I've seen one before?

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
is there a thread where we can ask where any old posters are? Maybe someone knows?
Ofcourse. Its here mate:
https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/where-are-these-forumers.9640/

Very few if any multiple accounts exist. Most new accounts are created by ppl who forgot they had an account and usually use similar user names. Some users have also asked for their usernames to be changed.
Some users asked to have their accounts deleted, for a variety of reasons. Most of the time due to personal disagreement with other posters on here.
Some users alerted us that they would be leaving as it was consuming too much of their time. If you have anyone in particular, post up their username on there and we will help if we know anything.

The Cheap Seats

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2015
BTW next post about Fale or Sale of the club WILL result in a holiday for you. Its not just barred from replying...but you wont be able to access the site at all.

That is just nonsense to me.

Bruce is engaging the forum about his concerns regarding the potential sale of the club he supports.
The sale of a club is not a passing phase to be overlooked.

His direct questions have been repeatedly ignored by Fale, and on some occasions trolled by Fale.
Now his is being bullied by the moderators on this site with threats of being no longer able to access the site.

This is just getting nonsense.

Sure, Bruce isn’t to everyone’s taste. But Damn.
If you don’t want people engaging, then shut this place down.
We need more Bruce, not a banned Bruce.

This is a time of worry regarding the future of my club.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
That is just nonsense to me.

Bruce is engaging the forum about his concerns regarding the potential sale of the club he supports.
The sale of a club is not a passing phase to be overlooked.

His direct questions have been repeatedly ignored by Fale, and on some occasions trolled by Fale.
Now his is being bullied by the moderators on this site with threats of being no longer able to access the site.

This is just getting nonsense.

Sure, Bruce isn’t to everyone’s taste. But Damn.
If you don’t want people engaging, then shut this place down.
We need more Bruce, not a banned Bruce.

This is a time of worry regarding the future of my club.
1. bruce was getting too agitated at being ignored by someone he was clearly hostile towards and had used his first opportunity to basically tell Fale to fuck off. Any surprises that Fale didn't want to interact with him?

2. It is completely up to Fale whether he answers a question or not. That is 100% his prerogative. Asking it repeatedly or differently is just spamming the thread.

3. He is now butthurt and trying to use the same bullying tactics on Fale with us admin.

bruce bruce you need to calm down. You got too worked up over Fale and let him get the better of you. He was under no obligation to answer any of us, least of all you with the way you with the way you spoke to him and treated him while he was here. Now you are doing to us.

Take a break. If we admin were the nazi's you made us out to be I would have deleted your account a long long time ago. You have to be a complete and utter retard to get banned permanently from here (no offence jonno edd @macker).

Please stop sooking over your ban, stop reporting posts unnecessarily and try changing your tone with Fale. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar though that ship has probably sailed for you and Fale...

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings