Last Met: Panthers 24 v Bulldogs 22, Rd 1, 2006
Total Games: 72, Won: 43, Lost: 26, Drawn: 3
Home Games: 35, Won: 22, Lost: 11, Drawn: 2
Away Games: 34, Won: 19, Lost: 14, Drawn: 1
CUA Stadium: 34, Won: 19, Lost: 14, Drawn: 1
Total Points For: 1410
Total Points Against: 1201
Biggest Crowd: 37,868 - Bulldogs 30 v Panthers 14, Aussie Stadium, PF, 2004

After 25 weeks of rugby league we are just one game away from the Bulldogs unleashing themselves onto the 2006 Telstra Premiership Finals Series.

With 15 wins and 8 losses from 23 appearances the 'Dogs will be out to find that winning formula this Sunday when they take on the Panthers at CUA Stadium in Penrith. After producing an unbeaten run of six wins between round 17 and 23, the Bulldogs found themselves up against an angry Broncos outfit keen to put an end to a five-match losing streak.

Last week the boys lost their second game in as many weeks, a first for season 2006. They traveled to Brookvale minus four of their big-name players and in the end were pipped at the post 20-21 by a desperate Manly side.

This week coach Steve Folkes was forced to make further changes after interchange forward Brad Morrin was ruled out for the remainder of the season through injury. Morrin dislocated his knee late in the first half during last week's loss to Manly and despite medical staff "popping" the knee back into place during the halftime break, the damage was done.

Rookie Nick Kouparitsas will replace Morrin on the bench, playing just his second NRL match of his career. Kouparitsas made his debut earlier this year back in Round 14 when the 'Dogs succumbed to the Raiders at Telstra Stadium.

The Panthers have been disappointing this year and currently sit in 11th place and out of finals contention. After 23 appearances, the boys from Penrith have managed just 10 wins while they have been on the wrong end of the scoreboard on 13 occasions. A win this week won't mean too much on the NRL ladder but let it be known that the Panthers will be out their to cause headaches for the highly fancied Bulldogs pack as they make their way toward the finals.

Last time the two sides met was in the opening round of the competition where the Panthers came away 24-22 winners at Telstra Stadium. The Bulldogs trailed 24-16 with just minutes remaining and despite a late try to Mark O'Meley from a Brent Sherwin grubber, it was the Panthers night.

Panthers coach John Lang has named halfback Craig Gower after the 28-year-old was a late scrapping against Newcastle last weekend. Gower was sorely missed in his sides 40-4 loss at the hands of the Knights however he will certainly be out to please on Sunday with his last chance at impressing the Australian selectors for the up-coming Tri-Nations Series.

The Bulldogs halves combination of Sherwin and Holdsworth will have to take their game to another level if the blue-and-whites are to take the cake. With plenty of impact missing up-front it will be their job to lead the pack around the park.

PANTHERS:
Rhys Wesser, Michael Gordon, Danny Galea, Lee Hookey, Luke Rooney, Preston Campbell, Craig Gower, Joel Clinton, Luke Priddis, Craig Stapleton, Frank Pritchard, Tony Puletua (c), Trent Waterhouse
Interchange: Frank Puletua, Bryan Norrie, Luke Swain, Paul Aiton

BULLDOGS:
Luke Patten, Hazem El Masri, Andrew Emelio, Sonny Bill Williams, Matt Utai, Daniel Holdsworth, Brent Sherwin, Mark O'Meley, Corey Hughes, Chris Armit, Nate Myles, Andrew Ryan (c), Reni Maitua
Interchange: Dallas McIlwain, Adam Perry, Nick Kouparitsas, Jarrad Hickey

*Kimmy*_old

Sadly i will not be able to watch this game. As Southland and the Warriors both play at 4:30pm..ffs there's gunna be some channel hopping to do!!

warriorfaithful*_old

Go_The_Doggies said:
Sadly i will not be able to watch this game. As Southland and the Warriors both play at 4:30pm..ffs there's gunna be some channel hopping to do!!

Oh man thats some real bad luck for you!!!!

*Kimmy*_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Go_The_Doggies said:

Oh man thats some real bad luck for you!!!!
Tell me about it..all my teams playing at once..will be my 3rd or 4th Bulldogs game i've missed this year due to other sports =(

Sadly i do not rule the remote...

warriorfaithful*_old

Go_The_Doggies said:

LOL! I take it your a youngster like myself and arent quite the ruler of the family yet lmao. :l0l:

*Kimmy*_old

warriorfaithful* said:
Go_The_Doggies said:

LOL! I take it your a youngster like myself and arent quite the ruler of the family yet lmao. :l0l:
My mum rules the remote :(

Ohwell..its not like i'm not watch the Bulldogs cos its a friggin Wallabie v Springbok game (that really peed me off..was a shocker of a test match too)..