Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of us get a little tribal about our side of politics but like you and Marv say, none of them truly give a fuck about any of us.
That’s Politician's world wide.
There could be some, Chloe and Jacinda might actually care about their voters but have no idea how to achieve real world outcomes, Lux might too for all we know but that's a stretch.

There could be some, Chloe and Jacinda might actually care about their voters but have no idea how to achieve real world outcomes, Lux might too for all we know but that's a stretch.
I have no doubt most of them get involved with good intentions.
But if they truly cared they would work together more to get things done.
A very Utopian view, not the way the world works.

No the answer is fundamentally changing society because most of the things we take as self evident truths aren’t.

Me, I'm lucky. 41 and about to take my burgeoning family as off grid as I can manage. Grow my own food, home school and no social media for kids.
I tried that when my first two kids were young, lasted four years before I threw the towel in.
It is hard work, you have your work cut out. That is not the reason I gave it away.
I gave it away because I realised that as my kids grew up, their peers would likely have more influence on them than me and I didn't like what I saw in teenagers that had had a similar upbringing. It was like life didn't exist on the other side of the hill.
Also, I decided I wanted my kids to have the opportunity to play sport, pursue hobbies or anything else that just weren't available where I was and the time and cost of travel to do so defeated the purpose of our lifestyle.

My thots.
We won’t win Chinese hearts and minds joining the US military alliance so trade will go downhill.
We are looked at as being sane as a neutral.
Semi auto weapons wont win votes.
Im greatful weve been spared mass shootings and natural disasters like the Kaikoura earthquakes and Cyclone Gabrielle or we’d be really up the creek.
Thats all, folks!

Are we supposed to believe that spitting on the ground in protest is more offensive than cutting benefits, axing free school lunches and period products, giving $3b to landlords and promoting smoking?
not at all, but adults, and even worse, parents encouraging children to conduct themselves that way paints a pretty sad picture.

also, it’s not just the spitting. the yelling fuck you the jeering the booting of tax payer funded car with a member of parliament in it.

none of that is acceptable behavior.

also nobody is GIVING landlords $3b. you make it sound as though luxon is going around landlords houses hand delivering them briefcases full of cash.

landlords will be able to once again claim back interest already paid on their loans, the same way every other business can.

landlords also must pay a capital gains tax in the brightline test.

so;
-you buy a property with your income that has already been taxed.
-you renovate that property buying materials that have an extra tax added in GST with your income that’s already been taxed.
-you pay tradies who who also charge you GST with your income that’s already been taxed.
-you pay rates and provide a warm, dry and safe home (as per healthy homes standards) for someone to live in.
-you pay tax on the rent paid.
-if you sell before 10 years, soon to be lowered you pay yet another tax, a capital gains tax.

but it’s all just a handout to landlords huh?

Last edited:
It might have something to do with parenting.
Two things.
1. Social media and its influence on people, especially teenagers.

2. Generation of parents that have protected teenagers ( and kids ) from any kind of adversity.
Agree but as well the mental health "industry" is just that. Anti-depressants arent bringing the rate of depression down are they? Therapists arent reducing rates of mental distress. And yet no is addressing the issue. As I said some fundamental "truths" maybe false and someone suggested MORE funding.

At some point you have to question whether the whole model is broken.

Agree but as well the mental health "industry" is just that. Anti-depressants arent bringing the rate of depression down are they? Therapists arent reducing rates of mental distress. And yet no is addressing the issue. As I said some fundamental "truths" maybe false and someone suggested MORE funding.

At some point you have to question whether the whole model is broken.
The model is certainly broken.
The question for young people is, why are so many suffering from depression?
As for anti depressants, although useful for some that need truly have depression, I think they are simply a cash cow for the pharma industry. To my endless surprise I talk to middle age and older women I know and more than half are on anti depressants. Their lives are not falling apart, they have plenty of money, partners, kids etc and still they feel depressed.
Instead of a prescription, doctors need to tell them they have nothing wrong with them but not sure that suits the bottom line.

not at all, but adults, and even worse, parents encouraging children to conduct themselves that way paints a pretty sad picture.

also, it’s not just the spitting. the yelling fuck you the jeering the booting of tax payer funded car with a member of parliament in it.

none of that is acceptable behavior.

also nobody is GIVING landlords $3b. you make it sound as though luxon is going around landlords houses hand delivering them briefcases full of cash.

landlords will be able to once again claim back interest already paid on their loans, the same way every other business can.

landlords also must pay a capital gains tax in the brightline test.

so;
-you buy a property with your income that has already been taxed.
-you renovate that property buying materials that have an extra tax added in GST with your income that’s already been taxed.
-you pay tradies who who also charge you GST with your income that’s already been taxed.
-you pay rates and provide a warm, dry and safe home (as per healthy homes standards) for someone to live in.
-you pay tax on the rent paid.
-if you sell before 10 years, soon to be lowered you pay yet another tax, a capital gains tax.

but it’s all just a handout to landlords huh?
A handout that's being partially paid for by kid's school lunches

Meanwhile the antidemocratic illegal threat to our natural resources continues apace - this is what they will do - https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/politica...back-sna-announcement-experts-say-is-unlawful

100 days of neoliberalism and crony capitalism.

Up the wahs.
Nah just stupid mediocre people
IMG_8711.jpeg

Back