Post Match Warriors v Sharks - [Round 1, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watch the game again and you’ll see we lost the game in the ruck. Our guys didn’t test the ref at all and peeled away as soon as they were called. They got great front foot ball and momentum especially in the second half as a result. They absolutely took the piss and got away with it. It was really poor officiating but either a Tohu needed to have a word to the ref or his players to do the same. Shame he didn’t do either.

Our fault we lost. And it sucks that it’s our trademark. Even when we play hard we don’t play smart.

Not dissing on RTS but as a fullback he met the line at more pace and his step will be more effective. At centre he won’t have that early ball and will have more traffic. It’s on Metcalf to set him up, give him space and make him look good rather than being able to do it all himself.

It will take time and combinations. If Metcalfs now locked in, it’s a good opportunity for continuity and to build.

Those stats are all effort plays which is his strengths but we need to be smarter as well, using a system as much as individual brilliance.
The Sharks showed us how to do it. Little deception options that created space. For the reasons you mentioned it is hopeless to just shovel the ball out to Rts. He has his marker plus cover coming across.

The Sharks showed us how to do it. Little deception options that created space. For the reasons you mentioned it is hopeless to just shovel the ball out to Rts. He has his marker plus cover coming across.
Yes. More room at the back with a broken defensive line. Centre has cover so he’s best used one on one at the try line or through structured moves that give him space.

Metcalf needs to perfect SJ’s running at the line at pace, Capewell and him drawing defenders in then using RTS or the cutout ball to Montoya with CNK floating in as well.

Sounds so easy!

Watch the game again and you’ll see we lost the game in the ruck. Our guys didn’t test the ref at all and peeled away as soon as they were called. They got great front foot ball and momentum especially in the second half as a result. They absolutely took the piss and got away with it. It was really poor officiating but either a Tohu needed to have a word to the ref or his players to do the same. Shame he didn’t do either.

Our fault we lost. And it sucks that it’s our trademark. Even when we play hard we don’t play smart.
Nah ours guys were whinging and flapping their hands after every ruck, tohu had a lot to say by his standards, yes they were lying on, but the team forgot the refs are CRIMS and pointing it out just annoys them. Fight to ptb and eventually theyll square it up. Sometimes.

Nah ours guys were whinging and flapping their hands after every ruck, tohu had a lot to say by his standards, yes they were lying on, but the team forgot the refs are CRIMS and pointing it out just annoys them. Fight to ptb and eventually theyll square it up. Sometimes.
Just a further extension of the dolphins playing a perfect penalty less trial game. Bunty really struggling with the new leg lifting rule. Had a good laugh at Tohu asking for a send off for something that a sharks player did that wasn’t anywhere near worthy of that

If you want a silver lining, out of all the games this weekend

Our game was the tightest with lowest points differential game and also second lowest scoring game of the round.

Panthers Lost
Broncos Lost

Which im sure neither teams and there fans expected.

Couple of injuries and some key players missing not ideal.

Most has already been said but I’m a bit late to the party as I had a holiday away already booked meaning I missed much of the game and being at the game itself.

I caught the second half and only just finished watching the first half. Score aside, they were night and day to watch. First half we played with intent, pace, chose some great options and ran great lines. Second half we looked like we had forgotten what to do, especially later in the set. We should’ve been able to ice the game but just lost all shape.

Hats off to the sharks though, they did play well soaking up all that initial pressure, although I thought that call on DWZ was a dud. At the least should’ve been binned if not a penalty try, as imo he would have been a very high chance of scoring if not taken in the air.

It’s not panic stations yet, but these injuries to key players does not bode well. Both Egan and Capewell injuries on top of missing Niukore hurt. If not want for that I reckon we could’ve given the Storm a good shake as they would’ve learnt a lot from this game.

Also caught a bit of the NSW cup game while waiting for my burgers in Waipu, and felt both TMM and CHT played well there.

My only kneejerk reaction is this.......and it's very temporary..........

Make Addin CAPTAIN.

Just saw Hynes got 6 dally m points for his performance on Saturday putting him at equal 1st after one round. I have no clue how that was warranted as he looked fairly average (his lack of pre-season action was definitely showing).

And no I'm not trying to continue the rant of how SJ was robbed, but that has left me scratching my head 😁

aside from the goober announcer yelling up the… up the…
this looks pretty fucking epic.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Wc6UNSFjN/?igsh=bGZoZW45aXFqa3pp

Been saying they should run out to welcome to the Jungle for years.

After all it is the home of Jungle ball, we play Jungle drums, and the crowd go wild.

South Auckland is the concrete Jungle, Penrose is the heart of the industrial dump it in South side NIMBY planning by councils. Sewage at Mangere, big nasty power stations and Pylons.

aside from the goober announcer yelling up the… up the…
this looks pretty fucking epic.
I don't mind the announcer getting the crowd to chant here. The stuff during the game was more grating. It was coming through on the TV, it would be a lot worse at the ground.

Those are cool shots. Other clubs to big things when their side runs out as well. But the more on an event they make the Warriors games the better. Good for the club financially, good for the players to be in front of big crowds. Also helps with the Auckland stadium debates. The club would be in a good place to negotiate terms, helps when the club ask about upgrades.

We have in the past had recruits (players and coaches) say how the drive to and from the hotel and ground isn't the best. Or Mt Smart wasn't looked at to favourably. The bigger the event seems it would help with the impressions of the ground. The weather is out of the clubs' control.

I had the fam's around on Friday Avro fired up the good ol Oklahoma joe's smoker had brisket, short ribs and pork shoulder and home made bbq sauce - best dam BBQ I've done ever, watched the reserves play had a great feed, had a few cold ones before the main game, saw the first 2 tries to us, everything was in alignment - we were going to win without a doubt, then we lost.., I don't blame everyone for being down, It's all good family, whether we win, loose or draw, da Wahz are here to stay, if it wasn't for the Aussies, they let us into their wonderful, beautiful game of rugby league, I love this awesome bloody game!!! the AB's are my first love, but I have a new love now, dog gone!! the NRL is the most exciting game in town, can't wait for round 2, we got this fam's, "just saying it's a matter of perspective, a matter of expectation 2 little words which can impact us all positively or negatively - Wahz hard!!! smile and be happy!

Been saying they should run out to welcome to the Jungle for years.

After all it is the home of Jungle ball, we play Jungle drums, and the crowd go wild.

South Auckland is the concrete Jungle, Penrose is the heart of the industrial dump it in South side NIMBY planning by councils. Sewage at Mangere, big nasty power stations and Pylons.
It's got to be Warriors come out to play. With some can you dig it cyrus stuff.
Maybe a bit of John cenas wwe theme?
Fire it up busta rhymes?
Loud Verbal soundboard options of Jake Heke saying stuff e.g Cook the man some Eggs , after a try's scored......

Back