Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meanwhile National take harshly punitive action dole bashing, that perennial favourite of the tories, as a distraction from their asset sale plans elsewhere, at the same time as enabling and manufacturing a recession throwing tens of thousands onto the unemployment queues and enabling huge cuts stifling job growth.

Nice work, what a bunch of scumbags.
2023: ‘that three of the last four quarters have seen negative growth.’

Most of last year in recession under Labour, the reserve bank hammering homeowners and driving a slow down, increasing unemployment… and your blaming National???

Are you a troll of just don’t understand National is reacting to the existing situation they inherited.

Also interestingly:

In September 2023, Treasury forecast NZ was expected to grow at 2.6% on average for the next four years, continuing a solid growth trajectory. Meanwhile UK is -0.3%, Australia is fairly flat, Japan is in recession, Canada is 1.5%. and France at 1 to 1.4%.

In that case, I’ll no longer tell anyone that the tax cuts are unaffordable

Reactions: kos
Putting aside comments from ex PMs and politically-aligned media, does anyone actually think we are in good shape?

Infrastructure is a mess, water is bursting out of the ground in Wellington, NZ is slipping down the education rankings, smart ambitious NZers are choosing to leave and in their place are arriving low-qualified foreigners, truancy is bad, kids are being raised in motels, health systems are creaking and crime is noticeably prevalent in our neighbourhoods. We’ve borrowed $60bn but have little to show for it.

Regardless of whether you blame Labour or National (or previous versions of those), I don’t know anyone that thinks we are in a good place right now, or anyone that feels wealthy and comfortable

Putting aside comments from ex PMs and politically-aligned media, does anyone actually think we are in good shape?

Infrastructure is a mess, water is bursting out of the ground in Wellington, NZ is slipping down the education rankings, smart ambitious NZers are choosing to leave and in their place are arriving low-qualified foreigners, truancy is bad, kids are being raised in motels, health systems are creaking and crime is noticeably prevalent in our neighbourhoods. We’ve borrowed $60bn but have little to show for it.

Regardless of whether you blame Labour or National (or previous versions of those), I don’t know anyone that thinks we are in a good place right now, or anyone that feels wealthy and comfortable
Continuation of previous governments and councils and their elected officials trying to make the books look good all the while neglecting infrastructure and health education and generally doing fa

Continuation of previous governments and councils and their elected officials trying to make the books look good all the while neglecting infrastructure and health education and generally doing fa
I hate the crap BOTH major parties in NZ (and their former leaders like Key and Clark) feed us……

National: We inherited a mess…… but not so bad that we can’t give you tax cuts.
Labour: We left the country in really good shape…… but not good enough that they can afford tax cuts

It really is pathetic how so many just simply buy into the rubbish.

I hate the crap BOTH major parties in NZ (and their former leaders like Key and Clark) feed us……

Labour: We left the country in really good shape…… but not good enough that they can afford tax cuts

True .Once you have gotten out of a position of governance just retire gracefully and stfu.Take your perks 😉
Let the newbies get on with the job.

True .Once you have gotten out of a position of governance just retire gracefully and stfu.Take your perks 😉
Let the newbies get on with the job.
While I’m not as old as you, I turning more and more into a grumpy old cynical bugger with every election cycle.

Reactions: kos
Since Luxon wants to go after the “bludgers” (my word, not his), why not go after the top drain on the NZ Economy and reduce the number of electorates and list MPs so we only have 80 MPs. Do that, and I’d vote Tory the rest of my life!!!!

People ignore that tax cuts can combat an economy in bad shape.

The exact same money flows through the economy, just private spending rather than govt. so no overall change.

But in private hands some of it is spent investing in growth and productivity (fixing the problem) to grow the tax base long term, which the govt doesn’t do.

‘The National Bureau of Economic Research studies the persistent effects of temporary changes in U.S. federal corporate and personal income tax rates. According to their recent 2022 working paper, a corporate income tax cut leads to a sustained increase in GDP and productivity.’

Last edited:
NZ defence force mandates ruled illegal by court of appeals. Seems every court challenge has found they were illegal and breached the bill of rights. Lots of people defended mandates but I’ve been consistent that they went to far, there were other options and the people impacted were totally shafted (even though I was vaccinated).

Winston’s covid enquiry is going to open a HUGE can of worms. Justice might be served for blackmailing the country to do something against the bill of rights.

I believe Winstons aim is to deliver utu over being trespassed from parliament by Labour.

Ardern’s legacy might end up as the most evil PM we’ve ever had, while preaching being kind.

The devil wears Prada.

Last edited:
NZ defence force mandates ruled illegal by court of appeals. Seems every court challenge has found they were illegal and breached the bill of rights. Lots of people defended mandates but I’ve been consistent that they went to far, there were other options and the people impacted were totally shafted (even though I was vaccinated).

Winston’s covid enquiry is going to open a HUGE can of worms. Justice might be served for blackmailing the country to do something against the bill of rights.

I believe Winstons aim is to deliver utu over being trespassed from parliament by Labour.

Ardern’s legacy might end up as the most evil PM we’ve ever had, while preaching being kind.

The devil wears Prada.
The Defence Force has always required vaccines for personnel to be able to be operationally deployed, if you aren't operationally deployable you are essentially useless to the Defence Force barring non operational roles (of which there are many), but with the primary reason of the Defence Force being to deploy I am interested as to how the Mandates were illegal.
Perhaps it is the discharging of people that refused the vaccine that caused it to be illegal.

The devil wears Prada.
Just for once wizard of Tauranga wizard of Tauranga read the actual court decision and not rely on some opinion piece or news article!!!

If you want a copy of the judgement let me know

Back