Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Having read through the forum post-game, I couldn't agree more that Laban has stepped up (including on D, which was something he struggled a bit with last year in Cup / NZA) and he is definitely an exciting prospect on our edges. However, I was surprised to see that there was only a few comments on Halasima - who I thought was outstanding, albeit mostly against Cup players.

I am not going to go into, and nor do I think it is fair to go into, who is the most exciting prospect - but I thought Leka showed real promise yesterday given he is still only 18 years old... the bloke can still play SG Ball! I thought his carries were excellent (as some noted, he just moves differently - his strength / centre of balance is uncanny for his age) and his technique on D was pretty on point. That being said, he is only 18yo, so they should keep him away from FG this year with a view to giving him a full year in Cup to further hone his craft before unleashing him in 2025 - unless, of course, he carves up in Cup for the first half of the season (i.e., at least 8-9 exceptional games).

Exciting times for this year and beyond with a very talented crop of juniors coming through. Looking forward to seeing what the second trial brings as the excitement for round 1 builds!

Halasima reminded me of Ice at the same age
Big future
He and Laban looked like next level talent

Guys serious question here - were the Tigers better than I thought?

As a totally one eyed warriors supporter I thought they were below par. Every bloody Aussie article I have read today is pumping up the Tigers like they will go undefeated this year!!! Benji and Sezer are as good as Ivan and Nathan haha

Tigers rate very well on TV which is why they get a lot of Ch9 games despite being pretty damn awful most of the time. It would be the same for media outlets. Praise the Tigers until they prove themselves not worthy of it, and even then - don't be too mean.

I'm happy to see Laban get some love. I mentioned him as the player i look forward to seeing when others were raving on about Halasima & co(rightly so)
Then i got the old he's done nothing in cup. He did nothing in the kiwis A team. Hes meh...lol. i don't know, from what i saw of him he just has this special something. Tall, frame is filling out, Fast for his size. Awesome work ethic. Aggressive. Most importantly, Disciplined. I like the look of this kid.

Our boy Toby didn't get picked for yesterday's game. Which must be a big dissapointment to his Whanau. Perhaps he is injured. I am holding out hope he gets a run in the next trial this week.

I am in a sappy mood today and feeling emotionally upset for Zyon Maiu’u.
He was an idiot for getting himself sent off but it just happened because he was over excited.
Now what happens to his career for 2024? He ideally needed to show well in these trial matches to push Ale and Bunty in the pecking order. This ban of 4 weeks for him is real set back for his 2024 plans. I am sure he can still get some first grade time if he does well in NSW cup but what is happened has thrown him into Plan B mode instead of Plan A in terms of his and the coaches plans for him this year.
Poor Guy.... Sad Face.GIF

The red card thing bugs me, not just our game but union as well.

IMO, there should be a 15 min period of down to 12 or 14 like a yellow then a replacement can be brought on but not the guy sent off.
Foul play should be treated differently but a lot of these cards are for bad technique or are accidental. Can make the game a non event especially if it happens early.

The perp can have a few weeks on the sideline but at least the games would be evenly matched and more of a spectacle
In Union a red was 20mins a man off then you could bring a man back on (not the offending player) was trialled in the southern comps, the northern teams voted against it. Was much easier to stomach the pedantic cards with the 20min rule

In Union a red was 20mins a man off then you could bring a man back on (not the offending player) was trialled in the southern comps, the northern teams voted against it. Was much easier to stomach the pedantic cards with the 20min rule
I used to be a huge union fan. One night I stayed up to Watch the 10.30pm Aussie match with Warratahs vs the Rebels. I had some biscuits beside me and I made a nice cup of hot chocolate and I got ready to watch. Traditionally I enjoyed the Aussie conference more because although the skill was lower the games were close. 15 minutes into it the Warratahs number 8 was sent off with a red card for some minor unlucky head contact and I had to then switch off my TV and pour out my cup of hot chocolate and go to bed. It ruined my night as a game of union with a 15 vs 14 is a no contest and not worth watching. That was the end of me being a rugby fan.

I used to be a huge union fan. One night I stayed up to Watch the 10.30pm Aussie match with Warratahs vs the Rebels. I had some biscuits beside me and I made a nice cup of hot chocolate and I got ready to watch. Traditionally I enjoyed the Aussie conference more because although the skill was lower the games were close. 15 minutes into it the Warratahs number 8 was sent off with a red card for some minor unlucky head contact and I had to then switch off my TV and pour out my cup of hot chocolate and go to bed. It ruined my night as a game of union with a 15 vs 14 is a no contest and not worth watching. That was the end of me being a rugby fan.
I haven't been a fan since the blues won in 03! 🤣

See I think 14 is ideal for CHT just for that balance. Or even TMM!?

TMM could play hooker, Halves, and Fullback!
Whose your whole bench. I think we all have agreed on the 1-13 is

I have
14 Walker
15 Niukore
16 Bunty
17 Jazz

If you put CHT or TMM there it starts to look like

14 Walker
15 CHT/TMM
16 Niukore
17 Bunty/Ale

I think with the second line up that CHT / TMM will on nights there are no injuries do a lot of bench warming and then get our there for a 15 minute run at hooker and then that is there night. And which point you are better off with Lussick. The previous utility Sironen had the 15 minutes at hooker plus a 10-15 minute go at second row. TMM and CHT will feel unemployed on nights everyone is fit. Still other teams have backs cover and let a guy just sit on the bench just in case.

Bangbros said "TMM could play hooker, Halves, and Fullback!" CHT can cover the same positions and also Lock. Not sure if you went for one of them who I would choose. as back cover utility. Probably TMM because if anyone is going to get injured it will be CNK and TMM is the better full back out of him and CHT.

Back