Gameday 2024 Trial 1 - Warriors vs Wests Tigers

When down 6-18 I thought flood gates would open

To fight back and within 2 with only 12 men speaks volumes about the club culture and mentality

Praise to Webster and the staff

I got us top 4 this season

The bar is high

Unrelated point of order - how come the Manly Christian boys won't wear pride jerseys but they can't wait to play Sin City, what's the deal with that?
Christians being hypocrites, it's always the people you most suspect.

Was at the game, shame we didn't quite make it over as the crowd would have gone nuts. RTS looked a cut above anyone on the field, fantastic to see. All the young lads put in. No halves put their hand up is the only real negative. We are totally screwed if they don't approve and SJ goes down. Why did we move Volkman on? He's the only one who can kick a ball which is essential.

Christians being hypocrites, it's always the people you most suspect.

Was at the game, shame we didn't quite make it over as the crowd would have gone nuts. RTS looked a cut above anyone on the field, fantastic to see. All the young lads put in. No halves put their hand up is the only real negative. We are totally screwed if they don't approve and SJ goes down. Why did we move Volkman on? He's the only one who can kick a ball which is essential.
Volkman was good but severely untested at nrl level and his D wasn't up to par.
You're right about our halves though but I thought when Hansen came on towards the end he really controlled things, pity he's so young but he has an equally if not better boot than Volkman.

Observations from the grandstand.
- Bunty is so much thicker in the torso than when he was playing here last preseason. Credited with 40 tackles & 15 Runs so is carrying it well.
- Halasima moves so smoothly. Only turned 18 in September but made 24 tackles at 96%.
- Going is quality. If Jazz's management were to get greedy at negotiation time for 2025 then Kalani is a ready made replacement.
- Hansen looks like an ideal body shape for a #9.
- RTS was fantastic. He should put Montoya in for a career best Try haul this year.
- If Egan was injured for an extended period I think we might only scrape into the 8. If SJ missed 7+ games we'd likely finish in the bottom third of the table.

Observations from the grandstand.
- Bunty is so much thicker in the torso than when he was playing here last preseason. Credited with 40 tackles & 15 Runs so is carrying it well.
- Halasima moves so smoothly. Only turned 18 in September but made 24 tackles at 96%.
- Going is quality. If Jazz's management were to get greedy at negotiation time for 2025 then Kalani is a ready made replacement.
- Hansen looks like an ideal body shape for a #9.
- RTS was fantastic. He should put Montoya in for a career best Try haul this year.
- If Egan was injured for an extended period I think we might only scrape into the 8. If SJ missed 7+ games we'd likely finish in the bottom third of the table.
Hansen even Fullback! His legs are strong! Could be a Dylan Edwards type?

Hansen even Fullback! His legs are strong! Could be a Dylan Edwards type?
Yeah he was mainly a Fullback in 2022. There's such a gulf between Egan & Lussick I hope they try convert him to a #9. Might be a hard task to convince him if he's moved countries on the pretense of a crack in the halves plus Fukofuka & Roache needing regular minutes

Last edited:
Cces
Who are your first grade top pick forward pack ie 6 players and 3 reserves?
For Rd 1 I'd like it to be:
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Niukore
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Barnett
16-17. I'd be happy with any two of Jazz/Ale/Afoa (probably in that order too).

Risky not carrying a genuine back up #9 but I'd probably give that responsibility to Walker.

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Niukore
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Barnett

Risky not carrying a genuine back up #9 but I'd probably give that responsibility to Walker.
Jazz looked acceptable at dummy half in the Murray game. Ok for injury cover and/or a 10m-20m spell for Egan?

surprised to see the phins struggling with how strong there team is compared to the titans… will be interesting to see if they field their full strength team once again next week.

Jazz looked acceptable at dummy half in the Murray game. Ok for injury cover and/or a 10m-20m spell for Egan?
I missed the game. Good to read he went alright. I just think Walker is better than him at both dummy half & Lock but the gap at hooker is wider

“Tigers gave fans reason to believe” today apparently according to 9 news

images.jpeg-58.jpg

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Niukore
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

14. Walker
15. Barnett

Thanks for that

Walker looks to me and disagree if you feel
Otherwise that Father Time is catching up

Back