General Predictions for 2009

insulinboi_old

I'm sure this has been done already but meh. I'm doing it again. Whats everyones predicitions for the final table for next year? My thoughts...

1. Manly
2. Warriors
3. Storm
4. Dragons
5. Sharks
6. Roosters
7. Broncos
8. Titans

9. Cowboys
10. Eels
11. Knights
12. Raiders
13. Rabbitohs
14. Panthers
15. Tigers
16. Bulldogs

I don't think it's unrealistic putting us in the top 2 if the depth of the squad we will have next year. Manly are the benchmark and the storm are right there, but wont be as unbeatable. The Dragons will soar with Bennet but it will be a year too soon for them and the Boncos will make it but will slide a bit, as will the Sharks and the Roosters.
If the Titans finally learn to play for the whole season and not parts of it, and Prince doesn't get injured, they should make it. Closely followed by the Cowboys who I think will improve immensly next year, The eels and the Knights. As always I can't see the Raiders making it, but they could surprise and I think the battle for the wooden spoon will between the Tigers and The doggies.

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

well mine looks abit like this

1. Warriors- this is our year
2. Manly- Still right up there, could go back to back which hasnt happened in a while
3. Dragons- Will be much improved, but just wont be able to win the big games next year
4. Roosters- Very similar to this year im picking
5. Broncos- Will be right up there again, but will struggle
6. Sharks- Defence will win them alot of games and keep them in the 8
7. Storm- Will struggle next year alot of experience gone(6 from GF team),but a threat if they make the 8
8. Titans- Good enough if they play the whole season

9. Tigers- Will be good enough to cause a few upsets next year, but will be too inconsistent
10. Bulldogs- Big improvers, much will depend on what is happening of the field
11. Eels- Underachievers again, lost a few players and havnt really replaced them
12. Cowboys- Improved but thats it
13. Rabbitohs- Same old same old for crowes team
14. Knights- Will strugle
15. Raiders- They wont surpise next year, lost far to many good players
16. Panthers- Cant see these guys doing much damage

Jesbass_old

I'm hopeless at these, but...

1. Manly Sea Eagles
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Brisbane Broncos
4. New Zealand Warriors
5. Cronulla Sharks
6. North Queensland Cowboys
7. St George-Illawarra Dragons
8. Sydney Roosters
9. Newcastle Knights
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. Parramatta Eels
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
14. South Sydney Rabbitohs
15. Wests Tigers
16. Penrith Panthers

insulinboi_old

lol we should bookmark this and have a look after round 24.
jes, remind me please :)

kingdamo_old

I'm sure this has been done already but meh. I'm doing it again. Whats everyones predicitions for the final table for next year?

It must be the off season ;)

Heres my table:

1 Manly Sea Eagles
2 THE MIGHTY WARRIORS!!!
3 North Queensland Cowboys
4 Gold Coast Titans
5 Sharks
6 Storm
7 Dragons
8 Knights

9 Eels
10 Broncos
11 Raiders
12 Bulldogs
13 Rabbitohs
14 Tigers
15 Panthers
16 Roosters

I hate the Roosters, so they are last.

LordGnome_old

1) Manly
2) Warriors
3) Broncos
4) Storm
5) Dragons
6) Sharks
7) Titans
8) Rabbits
9) Knights
10) Tigers
11) Eels
12) Roosters
13) Cowpats
14) Raiders
15) Bulldogs
16) Panthers

I'd have us coming first but for Manly's form towards the end of last season!

2big2strong_old

I'm not sure about some of you are picking the Bronco's so high up the ladder. I'm predicting them to miss the 8 for the 1st time in 14 years.

Without the glue of Bennett, and a coach that none of the players get along with (Ivan Henjak) I can't see them combining too well this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigstuboy_old

1. Warriors - this is our year maybe even the start of a kiwi domination
2. Manly - will be beaten in the greatest final ever
3. Storm - will once again loose to us in the playoffs
4. Sharks - will just loose to manly in semis
5. Broncos - beginning of the end for the broncos with out bennett
6. Canberra- another strong year this is a club getting better
7. Roosters - roosters another poor season with a stacked squad
8. Eels - with dan there he will ressurect this club from the grave yard like the he did with the warriors

9. Totans
10. Cowboys
11. Dragons
12. Knights
13. Panthers
14. Bulldogs
15. Rabbitohs
16. Tigers

kingdamo_old

I'm not sure about some of you are picking the Bronco's so high up the ladder. I'm predicting them to miss the 8 for the 1st time in 14 years.

Without the glue of Bennett, and a coach that none of the players get along with (Ivan Henjak) I can't see them combining too well this year.

See my ladder.

2big2strong_old

1. Warriors
2. Dragons
3. Melbourne
4. Sharks
5. Manly
6. Eels
7. Cowboys
8. Rabbitohs

9. Knights
10. Titans
11. Bulldogs
12. Wests Tigers
13. Broncos
14. Roosters
15. Raiders
16. Panthers

It's gonna be a tough year next year, with not a lot between the best teams and poor teams.

I think Manly are going to find life tough without Menzies for the first time in 16 years. I think it's going to be a similar situation to when Brad Fittler left the Roosters, that confidence the young players get off just having a player of that magnitude on the same side as you will be lost.

It's general knowledge here in Brisbane that a lot of players at the Broncos, including captain Darren Lockyer, were not happy about the appointment of Ivan Henjak as coach because of his alledged poor people managing skills. He often clashes heatedly with players according to the local media. Just not the recipe for success in my book.

I think the Dragons have recruited well with Bennett, Jeremy Smith, Costigan etc. I think Bennett will give them the steel they've been missing for years.

Everybody is starting to find Melbournes weaknesses. They were in a class all of their own for a few years but the rest of the field are catching up. However I do expect Arana Taumata to be the signing of the year, and to run havok around the rucks. He will be chosen as halfback in the Kiwi's May test.

The Warriors over the past few years have recruited the best they EVER have, and have got rid of all the dead wood that's been crippling our progress. With our relative success in the NYC, I can see this as the dawn of a mighty era for the men in Black.

LordGnome_old

Possibly both, maybe neither. I'm entitled to my opinion even if it is a shite.

Awwwww, who's missing the Singaporean loonatic already?

Northern_Union

1. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Crunulla Sutherland Sharks
4. Vodafone Warriors
5. St George Illawarra Dragons
6. Parramatta Eels
7. Wests Tigers
8. South Sydney Rabbitos

9. North Queensland Cowboys
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. Sydney Roosters
12. Brisbane Broncos
13. Canberra Raiders
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Canterbury Bulldogs

kingdamo_old

1. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Crunulla Sutherland Sharks
4. Vodafone Warriors
5. St George Illawarra Dragons
6. Parramatta Eels
7. Wests Tigers
8. South Sydney Rabbitos

9. North Queensland Cowboys
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. Sydney Roosters
12. Brisbane Broncos
13. Canberra Raiders
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Canterbury Bulldogs

I hope we don't get 4, its cursed.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Everyone seems to be posting in this thread rather than the thread I started on the same topic! :(

Anyway, here was my thoughts:

My top 8 for next year:

Warriors
Manly
Titans
Melbourne
Dragons
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Tigers

Roosters
Broncos
Sharks
Knights
Raiders
Panthers
Eels

The Warriors, will be Minor Premiers and Premiers next year! What a squad they have shaping up!

The big movers will be the Tigers! They have a very good back row shaping up, with the likes of Heighington and young superstar Daine Laurie! As well as english stalwart Gareth Ellis coming over! They've got Benji (who is finding his mojo again) and Farah to guide them round, and they have some exciting talent in the backs! The likes of Chris Lawrence, Dean Collis, Taniela Tuiaki, Beau Ryan and John Morris!

The Bulldogs will be big improvers as well! They came last this year, but when SBW left, they were just hanging out for a fresh start in '09! They've had problems since Sherwin left in the halves, but with Kimmorley coming they are covered! They also gain Michael Ennis for Corey Hughes, and have signed some very promising players in Josh Morris and Ben Hannant! As well Andrew Ryan, Luke Patten, Lee Te Maari etc, the Dogs will bite again next year!
And SBW is well and truly behind them!

If the Titans can just keep injury free, they'll be top 8 material, same goes with the Cowboys, who lost there chances this year, when they had injuries to key players throughout the season!

The Dragons will get close and be there or there abouts! With Bennett coming, and Soward growing as a leader in 7, they'll definitley be pushing the 8, and I think they'll just sneak in!

Melbourne will make it, but I don't think they'll be the dominant force they have been in recent years. They won't be Minor Premiers anyway, mark my words!

Manly are the new giants of the comp. They'll be there!

The Broncos, I don't think will make it! They lost some key players in Hannant, Ennis, Carroll, Eastwood and Denan Kemp! And of course there coach Wayne Bennett. They did sign Israel Folau, but I think it's the start of a new era, and they will struggle to adapt to the first year of major changes!
Don't get me wrong, they'll be competitive, but I couldn't have them in!

The Roosters. They got the class to be there, Fitler is growing as a coach, Anasta and Pearce are a great halves pairing, but,I just couldn't fit them in!
They're my first reserves though!

The Sharks will struggle without Kimmorley, a lot of there success was of his doing this year!

The Panthers, well in a year or so, they'll be there. They have one of the best batch of young players coming through, the likes of Coote, Graham and Iosefa, but they still need a year or so!

The Knights will have an off year, as they get used to no Buderus! Gidley will have to step up, if they're to be there come September '09!

The Raiders, well they were the Dark Horses last year, they've made a couple of good signings as well! They definitley have the potential again to be there, and don't write them off! (Even though I don't have them in my 8 )

The Rabbits. Well they'll be the same old. They'll win a few, but not enough! A bit like the Panthers, they're quite an in experienced team! Give them a year or so, with the likes of Chris Sandow, and they'll be up there!

The Eels are my pick for the wooden spoon! Daniel Anderson is the new coach, but they've made no signings and no personel changes, and they needed a change after this year! The'll do bad next year!

insulinboi_old

Haha sorry Kid.
And 4th isn't that much of a curse. The tigers won from there in 05.