General Polynesian Culture at the Warriors

Blame the shit Rugby League scene here in NZ its unprofessional to the days. You compare a League club to a Union club and its way different. League clubs in Aussie pride themselves on this sport, here in NZ its a punch up, or a 80 nil hiding cause the other team is hopeless at tackling..... Oh sorry they can't tackle. Then you take those young players from these clubs and ask them in under 20s to be professional? Bahahahaha FML

Reactions: Raurimu Massive

bruce

Contributor
Blame the shit Rugby League scene here in NZ its unprofessional to the days. You compare a League club to a Union club and its way different. League clubs in Aussie pride themselves on this sport, here in NZ its a punch up, or a 80 nil hiding cause the other team is hopeless at tackling..... Oh sorry they can't tackle. Then you take those young players from these clubs and ask them in under 20s to be professional? Bahahahaha FML
Sorry brother, I don't play anymore but in my day it wasn't like that, any idea what has changed?

Sorry brother, I don't play anymore but in my day it wasn't like that, any idea what has changed?
No idea bro. Here in the Waikato its unprofessional..... Its better to send your kids to a rugby club where the team always turns up on game day and not having to do the oh cuzi did u bring your boots keen for a game buzz. I've seen sides get ripped 100+ nil week in week out...... No defense what so ever. Now going a little off topic I read somewhere that turn12 said his under 19s rugby team would smash the warriors juniors? Well I believe him. You have a team of players that know how to play the game as a team vs a team that relies on a player to win the game. I know who I'd be putting my money on.

Sup42 has also touched on the grassroots league scene here in NZ and it seriously needs a shake up real quick if we are going to produce more League players than athletes.

bruce

Contributor
Here in the Waikato its unprofessional..... Its better to send your kids to a rugby club where the team always turns up on game day and not having to do the oh cuzi did u bring your boots keen for a game buzz.
It must be the downturn in the Huntly area. When I was a kid playing in Auckland we used to go down there for tournaments. The game was really big. MInd you the state of rugby union in the country areas isn't what it used to be either.

I wonder if PNG had a team in the nrl or Fiji or Samoa had.would they use there culture for excuses for losing I doubt it.not sure if it's a problem

It must be the downturn in the Huntly area. When I was a kid playing in Auckland we used to go down there for tournaments. The game was really big. MInd you the state of rugby union in the country areas isn't what it used to be either.

Waikato league is not to flash.
Junior league is in dis harmony.

Tigers have all the kids from the community for eg. 2 teams for U/6s , U/7s , /U/8s
Then you have Falcons , Hornets and Hukanui in the same community just scratching to form a team.
They lost T.A Firehawk juniors to the Piako competition and new club Morrinsville Bulls have there juniors in Piako as well.
Treatment of the teams south of Hamilton was a disgrace.

Premiere level is a joke , not disrespect to the players , but lack of teams.
Have to put the blame on Waikato rugby League here.
When they scrapped our senior 2nds it gave our under 19s who were not ready for premiere or reserves no where to go.
Clubsfolded and now they have to restructure to bring Waikato league back to strength again.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
I wonder if PNG had a team in the nrl or Fiji or Samoa had.would they use there culture for excuses for losing I doubt it.not sure if it's a problem
Nobody is using it as an excuse, not openly anyway, it is the elephant in the room. You have a squad of supremely talented players, intelligent, physically strong, well balanced runners, the only thing missing is motivation. Not from the whole team, just enough to make the difference at that level.

Yeah i agree. I can shed a bit of light on this from my experience as I am Auckland born and raised to a Tongan mum and an English dad. We spent a lot of our childhood in Tonga and one thing that always got me (especially the Auckland Tongans) was it was considered way better to lose and look good doing it (look like MJ) than really bust your ass and win but look unco. In fact the old aunties used to say we were "showing off" if we were going hard out or trying to be different (individuals) !! I played a lot of hoops/league growing up and my cousins and mates would rather lose but look good doing it than go too hard. I used to laugh at my palangi mates who would win games of 21 just through sheer effort cos they sure as shit weren't as tall or athletic! I love how sensitive we are around the poly issue but it just seems to be the case in the last 20 years or so?
So what you're saying is we should give the two teams points for looking good? The team with the most style points wins.

Like synchronized swimming?;)

• Haha
Reactions: kavafred