General Polynesian Culture at the Warriors

We were having this conversion at work the other day about the chiefs pack. They have got the raw power of the front row big P.I boys at least I think they are P.I and you've got the hard working retalic sorts just behind them. I know you can't compare the two teams but the point is the diversity complements each other. In the warriors case our big powerful guys aren't as powerful as the opposition most of the time and our so called hard workers are not as hard working or effective as the once were except Simon he is as Kearney said everything this club should strive towards. Think Bruce is right need to scout further than just above the Bombays. Look at how many good rugby players we have all over the country

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
You know it's possible to be both Maori and Scottish?
I think the name Clark is a fair indication that he's not full blood.
Clark is a Norman name derived from Le Clerc or writer. The British Clarks are descended from Normans. Erins mother is Ngapuhi, that is why I said he was Ngapuhi. I think there are very few full blooded Maoris, most got wiped out with disease epidemics centuries ago.

Chchwarrior

Name the last player the warriors have recruited out of the South Island for under 20s. ( not born in Sth isl) How a guy like Chris Bamford was never picked up. He has size pace power but never got looked at. Just needed some discipline.
Rory ferguson by all accounts is a mannering clone. Signed by Broncos.
Canterbury rugby have a full time recruitment officer who tours nz searching for talent. The rugby team I managed would put 50 points on junior warriors.
From my experience what league players lack is discipline. Talent only gets you so far. With rugby they have so many players that the undisciplined ones just get left behind.
Poly boys are so gifted naturally and are bigger younger than the rest. But everyone else catches up and the poly boys get over taken.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Name the last player the warriors have recruited out of the South Island for under 20s. ( not born in Sth isl) How a guy like Chris Bamford was never picked up. He has size pace power but never got looked at. Just needed some discipline.
Name the last person from the South Island that debuted in the NRL fullstop. The Warriors arent gonna pump a shitload of money into a district to fluke one player. South Island doesnt have shit which is why shit all comes out of there...

The rugby team I managed would put 50 points on junior warriors.
What a crock of shit :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:...

JoeyJohns

I grew up on league but went to a rugby school. Eventually I got forced to play rugby during my high school years. I noticed straight away the difference between club league and school rugby. The pressure on not just the school players but coaching staff (teachers) was outrageous, therefore their culture was always to adopt a 'professional' approach. I eventually back to league after high school, even played Bartercard Cup for the very successful CENTRAL FALCONS (haha) under the Lomax brothers. Never in my league career was there a fully focused 'professional' approach, disappointingly even at that level.

Maybe that's the difference between Polys in rugby and league.

bruce

Contributor
Jazz played at burnham. But made it out of Auckland. Mannering out of motueka but made it out of Wellington.
I thought Mannering was scouted by Phil Bergman in Nelson.
Name the last person from the South Island that debuted in the NRL fullstop. The Warriors arent gonna pump a shitload of money into a district to fluke one player. South Island doesnt have shit which is why shit all comes out of there...
That is out of line brother. The only ordinary players I can recall from the South Island were when Frank Endacott signed some of his guys.

Just for you can we leave the South Island out of it and talk about where the Storm and Penrith found their Kiwis from?

Chchwarrior

What a crock of shit :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:...
But yet our rugby team has won 9 out of the last 10 titles.