General Poll - Matthew Dufty to the Warriors - Yes or No?

Matthew Dufty in a Warriors Jersey. Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 73 71.6%

• Total voters
Love his speed when he’s on..

Matt Duffy (see even “autocorrect” has issues with him lol) would be a good acquisition, if we didn’t already have our token share of small dudes. In other words he wouldn’t have helped stemmed the flow of points yesterday in fact might’ve let in a few more with the Storm easily tipping over 50?

I’d go as far to say Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s “right hand” defends better than dufty on a good day..
883A30F1-F059-4C8F-B09F-CFAB124585DD.jpeg

Last edited:
That actually sounds quite difficult, what size pig are we talking?? Never mind point taken. Really should’ve had his defensive game in order after 5 years of Nrl and thats the knock on him coming out of the Dragons.
Dead simple. Stand still and the pig can’t pass, unless you have footballers bow legs that is in which case the pig might slip through

• Haha
Reactions: 6Again

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
I am ok with it.

I know he has big defensive issues. But we look to be forming a smarter, more experienced wing three quarter lines at the Warriors.

It sounds like we have the upper hand...it is a buyers market, we would be stupid not to throw out a cheeky offer.

A back three of Walsh (FB), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Wing) and Dufty (Wing) would be pretty fucking amazing actually…. Speed to burn 🔥

Judging from the highlights Dufty could probably also play centre. He knows how to draw and pass…

A bit like Ben Barba? Dangerous on attack but couldn’t stop a pig in a passage. A single solid defensive tackle by the full back is worth just as much as a 50m try
Dally m, man of steel and premiership winning Ben barba? Well we definitely don’t want anyone that useless.

Duffy and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak on cut price deal would be good business.
All depends on the $s.

Once again moneyball signings...

If they come cheap enough both Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Dufty give us speed and experience. Things we are sorely lacking.

Both are on the outer at their clubs and maybe it's the kick up the ass for them to fire up.
I agree I like them if the price is right.( cheapish) .I'd alternate Dufty to FB when we are on attack and to wing on defence swapping with DTZ.
Walsh to 6 ,Chanel Harris-Tavita to 7 ,Egan 9 and Kodi to 14 ..Sean O'Sullivan is half injury cover.
Works for me until we buy some extra spine quality.

Love his speed when he’s on..

Matt Duffy (see even “autocorrect” has issues with him lol) would be a good acquisition, if we didn’t already have our token share of small dudes. In other words he wouldn’t have helped stemmed the flow of points yesterday in fact might’ve let in a few more with the Storm easily tipping over 50?

I’d go as far to say Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s “right hand” defends better than dufty on a good day..
View attachment 44421

Superb defending yesterday that.

We'll miss Roger next season.

One thing that stood out from that clip which has me skeptic about Dufty is that his ability to be a defensive organiser. It’s going to be tough to have 3 defensive liability players on at one time and keep scores down. But I’m saying that it’ll be one hell of a attacking team.

Dally m, man of steel and premiership winning Ben barba? Well we definitely don’t want anyone that useless.

Duffy and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak on cut price deal would be good business.
All depends on the $s.
I agree he was great on attack and great fun to watch, but a liability defending. The season he got man of steel St Helens should have won ESL and he was really poor defensively in the semi v Warrington which cost them. If it’s my team I much prefer someone at full back who is strong in the tackle

Reactions: Sup42 and Defence
Dufty is definitely not the complete package however he would bring plenty of attacking attributes that we currently don’t have enough of - beginning with speed. Yes his defence is ordinary however a quick look at the tackle efficiency stats suggests a superior career percentage than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - obviously there are no bonus points for goal line try saving tackles that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has got pretty good at over the last couple of seasons.