General Players off contract end of 2012

Jesbass_old

That will happen. Its simply got to happen. The current pairing is just so odd thats it almost painful to watch. Foran/Benji should never play as a combo again.

Its just a matter of when, and or how many losses/coach change will eventually occur. SK, without WB. A myth?

We'll be sure to find out this season.

Didn't we find out in 2010?

sebastian_old

I would not be unhappy if Foran never plays for the Kiwis again.

I prefer the 7: Johnson 6: Marshall option.

That will happen. Its simply got to happen. The current pairing is just so odd thats it almost painful to watch. Foran/Benji should never play as a combo again.

Its just a matter of when, and or how many losses/coach change will eventually occur. SK, without WB. A myth?

Fazz_old

Agreed. Foran and Benji are great players individually, but they don't work as a hales combo. I don't think foran works within Kearney's system at all tbh. Johnson should be able to blend in nicely, being used to off the cuff style of play as well as having some sort of combo with a lot of the warriors players in the team.

Spence_old

WTF? How did Jesbass (post#22) quote Seb (post#23)?

fdu9tx.png

Attachments

• ai44.tinypic.com_fdu9tx.png
    ai44.tinypic.com_fdu9tx.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 2

slaughterhouse.sa_old

The Warriors seriously dont really need to look at anybody.
Well not yet.

Never stick you head in the ground and ignore good deals.
Like the dogs signing James Gavet great move for them - picking some great talent/depth for cheap.
Warriors already had enough prop coverage.

The NYC squad is just getting better and better and importantly will provide players for whatever position they need.
The 2012 squad from what I here is even better and more competitive than in the past.

Plus you will have local guys putting their hand up from the Vulcans and guys like Agnatius paasi etc who will play for the vulcans even though they are non-warriors contract.
Who I think will put their hand up this year.

Spence_old

Well not yet.

Like the dogs signing James Gavet great move for them - picking some great talent/depth for cheap.

The NYC squad is just getting better and better and importantly will provide players for whatever position they need.
The 2012 squad from what I here is even better and more competitive than in the past.

Plus you will have local guys putting their hand up from the Vulcans and guys like Agnatius paasi etc who will play for the vulcans even though they are non-warriors contract.

It's crazy how much talent we go through, just look at the names we had in 2008. A Pack of Packer, Mara, Ah Mau, Matulino, Fai, Poching, Afioga, Mika, Taylor, Lousi, Rapira, O'Regan, Purcell. With Locke, Tupou, Ah van, Nafe, Likiliki, John and O'Regan in the backs

Tyrael_old

Canberra have been harping on that players that come through their own clubs development programmes should have some sort of compensation towards their salary cap.

I think the Warriors need to harp on about it too, so we can keep the good players without having to have our salary cap raped.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

Canberra have been harping on that players that come through their own clubs development programmes should have some sort of compensation towards their salary cap.

I think the Warriors need to harp on about it too, so we can keep the good players without having to have our salary cap raped.

Yeah but in reality Warriors have nothing to complain about at all.
They have the biggest amount of depth/catchment area available in the Rugby League world.

They pay no development/transfers fee for any of their players as they are all part of their catchment area.

But in the same way, they provide pathways for local players and keep the game of league alive in nz and continue to help it grow.

And they probabally find it the easiest to retain what ever players they want.
They dont have to pay overs, it might be able to attract aussies, the same reasons aussies would have to pay overs to get a player to leave NZ.

Eccawarrior_old

I wouldn't want Bird anywhere near my club. He (allegedly) glassed a woman in the face... it's a no-brainer for me.

I'm a big, big fan of Gordon so it's just my preference. He has played superb football over recent seasons and can play FB, wing and centre. Great attacker, runner and he can tackle... plus he is in the top echelon of goalkickers.
I would sign him.

100% agree I would hate Bird being in our team, it would make me throw up a little each time he touched the ball, he tries to fake injury alot as well, I notice that alot.
Gordon would be a good buy indeed I would also sign Brown back up there's something about him I like.
It is great news that there is only 1 Warrior off contract although I know Maloney will be gone.

EnterFien_old

Yeah but in reality Warriors have nothing to complain about at all.
They have the biggest amount of depth/catchment area available in the Rugby League world.

They pay no development/transfers fee for any of their players as they are all part of their catchment area.

But in the same way, they provide pathways for local players and keep the game of league alive in nz and continue to help it grow.

And they probabally find it the easiest to retain what ever players they want.
They dont have to pay overs, it might be able to attract aussies, the same reasons aussies would have to pay overs to get a player to leave NZ.

Didn't mean to dislike this post I accidently clicked it while browsing the forum on my IPhone

Me Bad :(

Xt1ncT_old

Well not yet.

Prop coverage not looking quite so hot now unfortunately

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grumpsta_old

No thanks. Cronk is massively overrated and his price tag would be insane.

Cronk would have a big price tag but we do need a decent 7 to cover for Maloney, I don't really rate Thomas Leuluai.

Fazz_old

Cronk would have a big price tag but we do need a decent 7 to cover for Maloney, I don't really rate Thomas Leuluai.

I do rate Johnson as a 7 though, I think Tuimivave will be a good 6 going forward as well. Obviously if we could get Cronk for 300-400k it would be worth it, but getting him at something like 800k and losing a bunch of talented younger guys would be horrible. Imagine if we lost Locke and Tupou for him?