General Players off contract end of 2012

ToiletDuck_old

Link: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y-at-end-of-2012/story-e6frexnr-1226243927770

Sharks:

Colin Best
John Morris
Anthony Tupou
Josh Cordoba
Wade Graham
Nathan Stapleton
Isaac Gordon
Chad Townsend

Titans:
Bodene Thompson
Greg Bird
Jordan Rankin
Phil Graham

Sea Eagles:
Matt Ballin
Darcy Lussick
Kieran Foran
Brett Stewart
Dean Whare
Tim Robinson
Michael Oldfield

Storm:
Cooper Cronk
Anthony Quinn
Jason Ryles
Michael Greenfield
Dane Nielsen
Sika Manu
Todd Lowrie

Knights:
Daine Laurie
Joel Edwards
Danny Buderus

Dragons:
Ben Hornby
David Gower
Beau Scott
Cameron King
Jake Marketo

Rabbitohs:
Scott Gedes
Matt King
Eddie Pettybourne

Roosters:
Braith Anasta
Anthony Minichiello
Jared Warea-Hargreaves
Justin Carney
Aiden Guerra
BJ Leilua
Mose Masoe

Warriors:
Lewis Brown

Tigers:
Mitch Brown
Beau Ryan
Tim Moltzen
Lote Tuqiri
Matt Utai
Matt Bell
Junior Moors
James Tedesco

Broncos:
Peter Wallace
Corey Norman
Luke Capewell
Ben Te'o

Raiders:
Josh Dugan
Drury Low
Sam Mataora
Nathan Massey
Reece Robinson
Mick Picker

Bulldogs:
Dene Halatau
Kris Keating
Bryson Goodwin
Steve Turner
Joel Romelo
Johnathan Wright

Cowboys:
Aaron Payne
Ray Thompson
Dane Hogan
James Segeyaro
Gavin Cooper
Ashton Sims

Eels:

Luke Burt
Nathan Hindmarsh
Fuifui Moimoi
Ben Smith
Justin Poore
Shane Shackleton
Jordon Atkins

Panthers:
Sandor Earl
Michael Gordon
Yileen Gordon
Luke Walsh

Would any of those players look good in a Warriors strip in 2013?

Fazz_old

Sea Eagles:
Kieran Foran
Dean Whare

Storm:
Sika Manu

Roosters:
BJ Leilua

Warriors:
Lewis Brown

Raiders:
Drury Low

Cowboys:
James Segeyaro

Panthers:
Michael Gordon

That's about it for mine. Even then most of those would be depth signings. The only thing we should be in the market for is an elite centre (even then if Hurrell is blooded and kicks on, that may not be need)

I reckon we just sign whoever is off contract here, u[grade some juniors and MAYBE make a few cheap as chips signings (ala Lewis Brown style purchases)

ToiletDuck_old

What about Dugan Fazz? ;)

Yeah I wouldn't be bending over backwards for too many of those guys either. To be honest I'd actually consider Analstar for a year or 2 if our Maloney backup options don't work out. Not that he'd ever move to Auckland so that's not a realistic option, but I wouldn't be totally against it.

Gordon is 28 this year? And wants to play FB, so I'm assuming he'll be off to the UK.

danpatmac_old

There are only 2 that REALLY would get me fapping.

K. Foran and M. Gordon

They would both do a great job for us. There are some others who are really good, but these are 2 I would spend decent money on... both could also be outstanding centres.

ToiletDuck_old

Foran is an obvious one, though not so sure on Gordon? We have FB stocks and so we'd really be signing him as a winger.

I'd also be happy to take Greg Bird (despite his past). He's a great lock and an adequate 5/8 if need be.

danpatmac_old

Foran is an obvious one, though not so sure on Gordon? We have FB stocks and so we'd really be signing him as a winger.

I'd also be happy to take Greg Bird (despite his past). He's a great lock and an adequate 5/8 if need be.

I wouldn't want Bird anywhere near my club. He (allegedly) glassed a woman in the face... it's a no-brainer for me.

I'm a big, big fan of Gordon so it's just my preference. He has played superb football over recent seasons and can play FB, wing and centre. Great attacker, runner and he can tackle... plus he is in the top echelon of goalkickers.
I would sign him.

Fazz_old

What about Dugan Fazz? ;)

Yeah I wouldn't be bending over backwards for too many of those guys either. To be honest I'd actually consider Analstar for a year or 2 if our Maloney backup options don't work out. Not that he'd ever move to Auckland so that's not a realistic option, but I wouldn't be totally against it.

Gordon is 28 this year? And wants to play FB, so I'm assuming he'll be off to the UK.

Don't even get me started...haha. The media would probably stop fapping over him though, so I wouldn't have to hate him.

I agree on Anasta. He's got that winning attitude that is a must in every team. It would essentially render the TL signing void though. I've always been a bit of an Anasta fan, he never stops trying, even when his team is stuffed.

Yeah, Gordon's getting on. Coming off an ACL tear as well. If he could play like he did before that injury I'd take him in heartbeat though, he was in PHENOMENAL form. I'm taking Hayne/Mckinnon type form. Brilliant goal kicker too.

Despite all of that, I won't be too fussed if we merely re-sign who we already have.

David Bragg_old

I don't see Foran as a centre at all.
Maybe adequate there.

Dean Whare and Jonathan Wright are all I would consider from that list to boost depth in the centres and challenge for a starting berth

ToiletDuck_old

He'd never want to move to centre surely, especially after winning a premiership at 5/8 and playing there for his country..

Northern_Union

He's a poor option at centre. Let him play his natural game as a distribution stand off.

Spence_old

He's a poor option at centre. Let him play his natural game as a distribution stand off.

One could argue that stand off in quite an unnatural position for him, he's said quite a few times he had a bit of trouble adapting to the halves and that he's still learning the ins and outs of it. That's not to say he doesn't enjoy it as much, but he has only played about ~15-20% of his career there...

Northern_Union

Majority of his NRL career has been at 6 if i'm not mistaken. The Kiwis have a bitog problem to deal with really don't they. They can continue to play the off the cuff style to suit the best game breaker going around in Benji. Or they can play with more structure to suit Foran who is labeled as the best young stand off in rugby league. But they can't play both.
And given Parramattas problems...who the hell would want to be Steve Kearney?

Spence_old

Granted, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's his natural game. Anyway, not something important enough to argue over.

Fazz_old

Majority of his NRL career has been at 6 if i'm not mistaken. The Kiwis have a bitog problem to deal with really don't they. They can continue to play the off the cuff style to suit the best game breaker going around in Benji. Or they can play with more structure to suit Foran who is labeled as the best young stand off in rugby league. But they can't play both.
And given Parramattas problems...who the hell would want to be Steve Kearney?

Yeah, his NRL career has been. I'm sure I've read somewhere that he didn't play there beforehand though. A lot of people think he'll end up as a lock down the line anyhoo. Hope we see this line up someday...

1. Locke
6. Marshall
7. Johnson
13. Foran

David Bragg_old

Oldfield, didn't spot him yesterday.Now theres a player I like.Lightning fast and elusive.
He'll get his chance this year with Hopoate and Robertson gone and I expect him to shine and Manly to resign him early