General Player of the year (so far)

RRG_old

I think it is s four way race with the three you have mentioned and Lewis Brown.
I probablylean toward Rapira despiste his injury

Cheops_old

1. Rapira
2. Maloney
3. Manu
4. Brown

And probably Michael Luck for sheer consistancy to round out the top 5. Others like Hohaia and Ropati have had great games but they've also had very poor games.

MarkW_old

I'd say Maloney at this stage. He has steered the ship admirably given the injury toll.

I expect to see Rapira return soon all guns firing though.

JonB_old

I think an arguement could be made for Jerome Ropati if had done a bit better. So you can't be he is close ot being close.
Otherwise I would say that those three Sammy Raps, Manu and James are the real leaders.....
With Sharky ahead of Ropati on this list....

sebastian_old

James Maloney is my player of the year, his consistancy has been the major reason we have been competive this season. Manu would've been the winner but while he was out for an extended period Maloney kept the ship going. Maloney's finest performance IMO was against the Bronco's, it was pure class.

DanKokoro_old

Rapira is leading our POY table.

It's no surprise.. pre-rabbitohs we would have been nothing without Rapira. He was the only forward on the park giving us some go-forward. Maybe it's a good thing he good injured. It forced Package and the others to step up.

DanKokoro_old

but it'd say on value to the team and consistently awesome performance, has to be Manu. He scores half our tries and our chances of winning are pretty much halved when he's not there. Problem is we expect it of him so he's overshadowed by new players who step up i.e. Lewis and Maloney.

Northern_Union

It's no surprise.. pre-rabbitohs we would have been nothing without Rapira. He was the only forward on the park giving us some go-forward. Maybe it's a good thing he good injured. It forced Package and the others to step up.

Makes for a mouth watering prospect when he gets back on the park.

Northern_Union

This season he has looked every bit the test prop. Perhapes i'm going to far but if it wasn't for his knee injury i would have said he was the bench mark for props in 2010.

scree_old

I've been thinking about this lately.

We had a terrible run of injuries and when our best player week in and week out went down it seemed like a season altering blow and it was but strangely in a good way. Everyone has stepped it up since Rapira has been gone, especially Packer and Matulino who wern't doing much to impress at the start of the season. Other injuries have also given way for other players to step it up. I was really impressed with how well John went and Brown/Ta'ai have been great all year. So in a strange way, all these injuries have helped us. It looks like the team has come together and are all playing for one another and the club (the beards are a sign of this?) - this sort of passion wasn't there at the start of the season. If they can keep the passion it could be a very good year.

scree_old

As for POY, I think what has worked lately has been the "team effort" but of course there are some stand out players.

Rapira for all his work he did at the start of the year, easily our best player at the time.
Vatuvei for the consistent threat he is to the opposition.
Maloney for answering some of our halfback questions we've been asking for a long time and his enthusiasm, he really wants to win.
Brown/Ta'ai for being consistently dangerous, playing hard and smart.
Matulino for stepping up in the absence of Rapira and playing tough, punishing hitups and defence.
Luck for his massive defensive efforts and his improved attacking (I think he still gets in the way a bit though and that forward pass last week was mind baffling). I think Luck has become more valuable as one of our more senior players in the absence of Price.
Henderson for his determination. I like the players who really look like they care, it seems to fire up the rest of the team.
Tate like Henderson for his determination and for his good play.
Ropati for improving his game so much from last year and always looking dangerous with the ball in hand (to both sides... hah).

I'm just going to stop there...

BigD_old

Maloney...he creates opportunities. A good Tackler..Kicking OK..Versitile slipping to halfback when Seymour has been injured

Lewis Brown...my underated favorate...strong close to the line & smart.

Mike Luck....he does soooo much hard work up front...One of the best Tacklers in the game at the moment...Probably does'nt get the attention he deserves as he is not a regluar try scorer.

Iafeta_old

If this is the Warriors own award we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if Ropati got it. In the middle of the season he got a fair few Players Player of the Day awards.

If Sam hadn't have had his injury, he was a shoe in. I'd like Sharky to get it, I just don't think he will.

DanKokoro_old

Maloney...he creates opportunities. A good Tackler..Kicking OK..Versitile slipping to halfback when Seymour has been injured

haha jeez.. that's not a very overly enthusiastic description of someone you think could be player of the year..