• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran was all heart tonight, how can you not love the guy
Most fantasy points
The talking heads are right.

There are zero halves available.
If the talking heads :rolleyes:...who I cannot bother listening to...can spot it...surely the brains trust spotted it a long time ago. If there is nobody on the market then they have to get into some lateral thinking. CHT was quite passable at half. Volkman has a good boot, Metcalf definitely has potential. they just have to work on it.

Sorry I'm new to the league bandwagon, does the hooker stand at the front in the line-outs
Back in the day, the hooker was one of the most important players on the field for possession. Scrums were a brawl, just like lineouts in yawnion. These days they just roll the ball quietly back to the lock.

Very worried about how Penrith are going right now. I think I'm having a crisis of faith.
if we lose to them, we probably have the Knights at home the following week, while the Storm have the Roosters. There could be worse scenarios. dare I say it, maybe even worth resting some players :eek: :eek: ...just joking🤣🤣...about the resting I mean.

Back in the day, the hooker was one of the most important players on the field for possession. Scrums were a brawl, just like lineouts in yawnion. These days they just roll the ball quietly back to the lock.
What's the law now for pushing in scrums, we used to pull off the surprise win against the feed in Ivan's day, must be banned now is it? Game's gone soft.

What's the law now for pushing in scrums, we used to pull off the surprise win against the feed in Ivan's day, must be banned now is it? Game's gone soft.

Only once the ball is in. And these days it is out before you blink.

In yesteryear the pushing would start before the ball was fed, making it more of a contest

Thought about this since the end of the game. I’m glad we lost this - meaningless game, but I think we got more out of that which preps us for the finals nicely.

1. A decent hit out for barely used llayers
- TMM had a good run, as did Barnett, Curran staked a claim and Ale got miles under the belt
- circa 50 min for Niukore, Walker - solid and steady - 80m for Curran in a good performance
2. The NSW Cup team will be stronger next week due to performance of rookies
- great to see roache and going debut, solid hit outs for Kosi, Tuaupiki, Lussick and Volkman (who ran the cutter at nrl level for first time ever). This game gives me the hint that the Cup team is looking to go all the way this year so playing their full spine at link men at NRL level will lift them next week

3. A loss is GREAT for a team who have forgotten what it has felt like. You should note that Brisbane, Penrith and Storm have all had recent losses. It’s good to remember what it feels like in a nothing game

4. Motivation after a loss will be at an all time high. I can’t imagine how pissed off Tohu, Addin, Ford, CNK, DWZ and Egan will be sitting at home.

Can’t wait for next week.

If im being honest, i think we half arsed it to keep those that will play next week healthy. We didnt show our hands and why would you. It was a game of just get through the 80. Try, but dont risk yourself injuries.

Our record over the last half of the season excl byes = L W W W L W W W W W W W L. History shows our atleast next 3 games = 😉
I was at the game and sort of wondered in attack wtf was going on.
For 55 approx minutes our attack was one out runs and long ( too long) Volkman kicks with two Volkman in goal grubbers
Tmm did not kick at all
Then with about 25 min to go we decided to pass the ball.
I wondered whether the attack plan was just one out runs and over long kicks
A wierd set up.
On a positive note Ale Going and Roach ( short time) looked good.
Ronny hmmm I would rate Mason above him at this stage but I m sure Ronny has got a lot of improvement in him
Tmm hopefully worked some rust off
Kosi and Berry held their edge well

A strange game a loss which really doesn’t matter

35000 at the game two thirds warriors supporters who really were served up flat beer

Penrith next week at Penrith we will see

Bloody good point.
The Warriors tried the six man shove and pushed sides off the ball. It was well planned and caught other sides on the hop especially close to their line.
The Sydney sides went snivelling to the NRL who banned it somehow.
However back in the day it wasn't just a six man shove.
The side on attack got loose head but the defending half back fed the scrum.
So it was a brawl to get the ball, especially in England where the refs just wanted the game to restart as quickly as possible and the best cheats got the ball.
A very good Kiwi hooker called Murray Wright went to England on a deal worked out by Mohawks dad.
In one of his first games he saw the other hooker was hanging down and grabbing the ball with his hand in the tunnel. So he figured he would try it. When he did the other prop jumped on his arm and broke it. I think that almost ended his career.
Murray is still around, I don't know if he posts on here.
Half backs used to try and stand as close to the front row as possible and belt the loose head prop with the lace of the ball.
There was eye gouging, biting, and any legs in the other half of the scrum got savaged.
1693645282910.png

Thought about this since the end of the game. I’m glad we lost this - meaningless game, but I think we got more out of that which preps us for the finals nicely.

1. A decent hit out for barely used llayers
- TMM had a good run, as did Barnett, Curran staked a claim and Ale got miles under the belt
- circa 50 min for Niukore, Walker - solid and steady - 80m for Curran in a good performance
2. The NSW Cup team will be stronger next week due to performance of rookies
- great to see roache and going debut, solid hit outs for Kosi, Tuaupiki, Lussick and Volkman (who ran the cutter at nrl level for first time ever). This game gives me the hint that the Cup team is looking to go all the way this year so playing their full spine at link men at NRL level will lift them next week

3. A loss is GREAT for a team who have forgotten what it has felt like. You should note that Brisbane, Penrith and Storm have all had recent losses. It’s good to remember what it feels like in a nothing game

4. Motivation after a loss will be at an all time high. I can’t imagine how pissed off Tohu, Addin, Ford, CNK, DWZ and Egan will be sitting at home.

Can’t wait for next week.
Thought Volks went pretty well in his first game at 7, he was a bit grubber-for-himself happy in his enthusiasm but he's an exciting prospect. I wasn't sure if his bombs were a bit too deep or if we had no chasers putting pressure on because we were gassed.

Thought Volks went pretty well in his first game at 7, he was a bit grubber-for-himself happy in his enthusiasm but he's an exciting prospect. I wasn't sure if his bombs were a bit too deep or if we had no chasers putting pressure on because we were gassed.
Both

All his kicks were too deep bar maybe one

I'm jumping the gun a bit here, and we may well beat Penrith next week. Up tha Wahs!!! 😝
But is anyone else worried that The NRL will do us dirty and keep the scheduled times for the second round of the finals.
Imagine a 9:50pm kick off at Mt Smart.
View attachment 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back