General Pick your top 8

Jesbass_old

I still think the Warriors will make it, and I still think we'll be in the lower half. My finish position has now been upgraded from 7th-10th, to 5th-8th.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I really don't care about who else is where! :D

insulinboi_old

1 Storm
2 Dragons
3 Tigers
4 Titans
5 Rabbitohs
6 Warriors
7 Panthers
8 Bulldogs

BringBackRovelli_old

1 Storm
2 Tigers
3 Rabbitohs
4 Titans
5 Dragons
6 Sea Eagles
7 Panthers
8 Raiders

Jesbass_old

Too early.

My initial thought was actually 'too late'. We normally do these predictions before the season starts. But 5 rounds in, we have a basic idea of how each team is travelling. I think, though, this weekend will be the best barometer we've had all season.

warriors4life_old

My initial thought was actually 'too late'. We normally do these predictions before the season starts. But 5 rounds in, we have a basic idea of how each team is travelling. I think, though, this weekend will be the best barometer we've had all season.

I still think it's too unpredictable, you look at the Eels last year who were 14th midway through the season and battling to avoid the spoon and then surged to the GF and inversely teams that make good starts but then suffer key injuries before vanishing into oblivion.

I might re-enter this thread sometime around Round 15/16 to be safe. ;)

Jesbass_old

I still think it's too unpredictable, you look at the Eels last year who were 14th midway through the season and battling to avoid the spoon and then surged to the GF and inversely teams that make good starts but then suffer key injuries before vanishing into oblivion.

I might re-enter this thread sometime around Round 15/16 to be safe. ;)

Well of course it's unpredictable. That's to avoid me coming in after the grand final, (as I do every year), proclaiming "I knew Cronulla were going to win the Premiership!" :D

warriors4life_old

Okay, here goes...on very shaky ground here...

1. Storm
2. Dragons
3. Titans
4. Sea Eagles
5. Rabbitohs
6. Panthers
7. Warriors
8. Eels

Fazz_old

Okay, here goes...on very shaky ground here...

1. Storm
2. Dragons
3. Titans
4. Sea Eagles
5. Rabbitohs
6. Panthers
7. Warriors
8. Eels

In that scenario I would rather finish 8th then 7th...We are always a chance against the Storm...never beat the Dragons. Hope we can avoid any potential finals clash with them...

In Saying that, my 8 would be...

1. Storm
2. Dragons
3. Souths
4. Tigers
5. Titans
6. Warriors
7. Panthers
8. Manly

In an ideal world...
WK1
Storm would beat Manly, Panthers would beat the Dragons, We'd beat Souths and Tigers would beat the Tits
MANLY AND TITANS GONE
WK2
Storm and Tigers Advance automatically...
We Beat Dragons (is that how it works?) and Souths beat Panthers
DRAGONS AND PANTHERS GONE
WK 3
We Beat the Storm and Tigers Beat Souths
STORM AND TIGERS GONE
WK 4
Benji Marshall makes some lazy Warriors pay by throwing a cutout pass for Lote Tiquri in for a try, he can't convert however. 4-0 After 5 minutes
The warriors piggyback the tigers up field on the 3rd tacle after the try by conceeding a penalty, this allows Benji Marshall to step through some flimsy defense for his first try. 8-0 after 8 minutes.
Benji is up to his old Trick again as he takes an intercept from a Seymour pass, just as the warriors were mounting some offense. 14-0 after 12 minutes.
Beau Ryan with a huge break, he passes to Lawrence who passes to Marshall, who dots down in the corner. 20-0 after 16 minutes and it looks like the pressure may have gotten to the Warriors.
From here on the warriors manages to keep the Tigers from scoring, nevertheless,everyone has written off the Warriors until Kevin Locke darts from dummy half and steps 4 Tigers players before running 60m and scoring under the posts in the 39th Minute.

The second half starts with Ben Matulino absolutely CRUSHING Gareth Ellis leading to the ball being knocked on, Sam Rapira picks up the scraps and dots down under the posts. The score is now 20-12.
In the 44th Minute, The Beast is unleashed as Big Manu latches onto a Maloney grubber to score. The tigers are looking shellshocked at this point as the Warriors trail by just 2.
The momentum is stalled however and Beau Ryan scores in the corner 24-18 with 26 minutes left.
Big Sam Rapira with a big run, Bulldogs caught offside and Brent Tate goes from dummy half to score from close ranger. 24 All with 18 minutes left.
Heartbreak for the tigers as Farah kicks it dead from the restart! The warriors make them pay with another try to Vatuvei, this time the beast runs 30m leaving a trail of tigers in his wake at the 66 minute mark. 30-24
Things only get worse for the Tigers as Kevin Locke takes a kick and runs through some tired defense to make a gain of about 40m before offloading to Tate who in turn offloads to Maloney who goes in under the Posts. 36-24
Lance Hohaia chooses to inject himself at this point and steps through some tired defense for an easy try at the 74 minute mark. 42-24
With only a minute left, the tigers have shut up shop, the warriors seize this opportunity and use it to send Steve Price in for a Try in his last match ever to end the game 48-24

Clive Churchill winner:
Steve Price who ran for an amazing 312m, made 34 tackles and scored one try in his last game ever.

And thats my most ultimate grand final that I can imagine lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

In that scenario I would rather finish 8th then 7th...We are always a chance against the Storm...never beat the Dragons. Hope we can avoid any potential finals clash with them...

In Saying that, my 8 would be...

1. Storm
2. Dragons
3. Souths
4. Tigers
5. Titans
6. Warriors
7. Panthers
8. Manly

In an ideal world...
WK1
Storm would beat Manly, Panthers would beat the Dragons, We'd beat Souths and Tigers would beat the ***
MANLY AND TITANS GONE
WK2
Storm and Tigers Advance automatically...
We Beat Dragons (is that how it works?) and Souths beat Panthers
DRAGONS AND PANTHERS GONE
WK 3
We Beat the Storm and Tigers Beat Souths
STORM AND TIGERS GONE
WK 4
Benji Marshall makes some lazy Warriors pay by throwing a cutout pass for Lote Tiquri in for a try, he can't convert however. 4-0 After 5 minutes
The warriors piggyback the tigers up field on the 3rd tacle after the try by conceeding a penalty, this allows Benji Marshall to step through some flimsy defense for his first try. 8-0 after 8 minutes.
Benji is up to his old Trick again as he takes an intercept from a Seymour pass, just as the warriors were mounting some offense. 14-0 after 12 minutes.
Beau Ryan with a huge break, he passes to Lawrence who passes to Marshall, who dots down in the corner. 20-0 after 16 minutes and it looks like the pressure may have gotten to the Warriors.
From here on the warriors manages to keep the Tigers from scoring, nevertheless,everyone has written off the Warriors until Kevin Locke darts from dummy half and steps 4 Tigers players before running 60m and scoring under the posts in the 39th Minute.

The second half starts with Ben Matulino absolutely CRUSHING Gareth Ellis leading to the ball being knocked on, Sam Rapira picks up the scraps and dots down under the posts. The score is now 20-12.
In the 44th Minute, The Beast is unleashed as Big Manu latches onto a Maloney grubber to score. The tigers are looking shellshocked at this point as the Warriors trail by just 2.
The momentum is stalled however and Beau Ryan scores in the corner 24-18 with 26 minutes left.
Big Sam Rapira with a big run, Bulldogs caught offside and Brent Tate goes from dummy half to score from close ranger. 24 All with 18 minutes left.
Heartbreak for the tigers as Farah kicks it dead from the restart! The warriors make them pay with another try to Vatuvei, this time the beast runs 30m leaving a trail of tigers in his wake at the 66 minute mark. 30-24
Things only get worse for the Tigers as Kevin Locke takes a kick and runs through some tired defense to make a gain of about 40m before offloading to Tate who in turn offloads to Maloney who goes in under the Posts. 36-24
Lance Hohaia chooses to inject himself at this point and steps through some tired defense for an easy try at the 74 minute mark. 42-24
With only a minute left, the tigers have shut up shop, the warriors seize this opportunity and use it to send Steve Price in for a Try in his last match ever to end the game 48-24

Clive Churchill winner:
Steve Price who ran for an amazing 312m, made 34 tackles and scored one try in his last game ever.

And thats my most ultimate grand final that I can imagine lol

The best part about that match overview is that we beat two teams in the grand final! :D

Fazz_old

Lmao it was just about 1am and I was procrastinating instead of doing and assignment, leave me be! :D

mrblonde_old

Right, well, on the back of Fazz's brilliant prediction I'm off with my life savings to the TAB. Money on Hohaia, Maloney, Rapira, Locke, Tate, Vatuvei and Price to score tries, already got something on the Warriors to win the GF so I'll put some extra wedge on that one, 48-24 scoreline, Bulldogs/Warriors halftime/fulltime bet....

If I end up on the streets on October 4, you, Fazz, will be in tee-rouble.

A Tiger v Warriors GF is certainly up there on my wishlist.
The team I'd like us to thrash would be Manly or the Bulldogs.
Being a former Raiders fan, I'd also like Raiders v Warriors but can't see it....

Spence_old

Right, well, on the back of Fazz's brilliant prediction I'm off with my life savings to the TAB. Money on Hohaia, Maloney, Rapira, Locke, Tate, Vatuvei and Price to score tries, already got something on the Warriors to win the GF so I'll put some extra wedge on that one, 48-24 scoreline, Bulldogs/Warriors halftime/fulltime bet....

Being a former Raiders fan, I'd also like Raiders v Warriors but can't see it....

Forget that. I'm going for a Tigers/Warriors halftime, Bulldogs/Warriors a bit after halftime, Warriors/Tigers fulltime. :D

Fazz_old

Not to worry mate, the flats got a spare couch if things go a bit pear shaped.

I'd really love for us to hammer Manly as well, since it's such a rare feat for us lol. For a quality game though, I reckon the raiders v Warriors would be an absolute gem if both teams were at full strength and played to their full potential. Warriors by a Field goal in the 89th minute for that one I'd say :D

sebastian_old

Thrashing Manly would be the greatest feeling...as long as the dressing room doors were taken off pre-game.

warriors4life_old

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu4LNx1GAe0[/YOUTUBE]

Lol, I love it how the trainer just sheepishly ducks under the door after Hasler exits.