13 TODD LOWRIE
Interchange:
14 BEN MATULINO
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 FELETI MATEO
17 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX
18 NGANI LAUMAPE

HEAD COACH: MATTHEW ELLIOTT

Yep, thats right. I just copied and pasted last weeks team. If Nielsen is out injured though then Id like to see a backline of

1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 JEROME ROPATI
3 NGANI LAUMAPE
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 MANU VATUVEI

Maybe more sensible to reunite Ropo with Manu and Ngani on the wing with Hurrell. Always wanted Ngani as a centre instead of at wing. IMO he will one day replace Nielsen in that spot. Could be too much of a burden on Laumape playing inside Manu. Also a big risk with our season not quite done for.

There in lies to biggest issue with this game. Because of both our points differential we are both basically playing for our seasons. One will carry some slight hope of making the 8 and the other will be playing for pride, development or to keep making bank til Mad Monday comes round...

Reactions: 3 users
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 NGANI LAUMAPE
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 ELIJAH TAYLOR
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 TODD LOWRIE
Interchange:
14 SUAIA MATAGI
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 FELETI MATEO
17 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX

Reactions: 1 user
1 Locke
2 Ropati
3 Hurrell
4 Nielsen (Laumape)
5 Vatuvei (saved because it would be stupid to make such a big change in a critical game, from both a combination and team morale point of view)
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Lillyman
11 Taylor
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Matagi
15 Mateo
16 Matulino
17 Laumape (if Nielsen is out, a fringe forward who can make tackles)

In 40 minutes, Peyroux made 5 tackles, missed 2 and had 2 ineffective. He ran 3 times for 25 metres and got 1 tackle bust. Pointless selection. Laumape would be far more useful on the bench. Regardless of position, Ngani will make more tackles, miss less and get far more metres. He's also a legit scoring threat.

Reactions: 3 users
No changes

Hope Manu has an epic game on the Wing , I'm sure his mate Ropo will be giving him lots of support this week , catching practise , Ropo and Johnson , those bombs are starting to grow on me.......I have this crazy notion that if a high work rate player like Sam Rapira is conditioned for the back Row he would chase that kick like a mad man and bat it out of the catchers hands / or just smack them over.

Rapira clearly thinks he has cleared the ruck when he knocks those balls down ( he's actually right ) but the Reffs aren't ready for it, otherwise at championship hour ( that's thes do or die games we've been playing ) Rapira has been pushing for a Kiwi Jumper with his efforts......lots of people don't like him but I'd urge them to look at all the boot lace tackles on the replay and the knee under the ball on the Try line and figure those are world class plays.

Rapira at 13 next year

Reactions: 8 users
There in lies to biggest issue with this game. Because of both our points differential we are both basically playing for our seasons. One will carry some slight hope of making the 8 and the other will be playing for pride, development or to keep making bank til Mad Monday comes round..
Soooo.....we play a team that is far more likely to bring survival motivation, and then a team that will play out of it's skin to finish a horror season with a win in front of their home crowd!
I can't take much more of this...:nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users

Buck777

In 40 minutes, Peyroux made 5 tackles, missed 2 and had 2 ineffective. He ran 3 times for 25 metres and got 1 tackle bust. Pointless selection.

He's an interesting one. When he's come on for 20 minutes as an impact player he's done good. I heard ME say something along the lines of 'that's what he's been trained to do'. Maybe that's the stage he's at, short bursts with a clear objective and then yank him off.

I'm more worried about some of our forwards non performances atm. No coincidence between the 3 losses and lack of metres gained.

Soooo.....we play a team that is far more likely to bring survival motivation, and then a team that will play out of it's skin to finish a horror season with a win in front of their home crowd!
I can't take much more of this...:nailbiting:

I REALLY want the Dragons to win this week. If not, we could be toast.[DOUBLEPOST=1377470235][/DOUBLEPOST]
He's an interesting one. When he's come on for 20 minutes as an impact player he's done good. I heard ME say something along the lines of 'that's what he's been trained to do'. Maybe that's the stage he's at, short bursts with a clear objective and then yank him off.

I'm more worried about some of our forwards non performances atm. No coincidence between the 3 losses and lack of metres gained.

Yeah I think with Nielsen now carrying two niggling injuries, Laumape would be a more logical benchie. I probably sounded really harsh on Peyroux but I actually like the energy he brings to the field. But as he appears to be our back cover... I don't think he is up to that role.

If Nielsen lasts the game, we don't lose much by having Laumape play 10 minutes instead of Peyroux.

If Nielsen breaks down, Laumape is far more dependable out wide than Peyroux. Dom doesn't defend well on the left at all, and he appears to only have a left to right pass.

With Ropati now in the team, having solid backs cover is even more critical IMHO.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Same team with the following changes:

Neilsen – out, picking half-fit players is a pet-peeve of mine, if he is likely to succumb to an injury carried into the game, don’t pick him in the first place, unless it’s he is an indispensable player.
Dane improves Manu’s side on defence, weakens it on attack, obviously that’s a trade-off ME is comfortable with, but does not make him indispensable if he isn’t fully fit. Ropati to move over from the other wing, Ngani comes in.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Manu make any errors apart from shelling that bomb and failing to bat the last one dead? I know those are big errors, but he has had to defuse 100’s of bombs in his career, some weeks he is 100% on them, some weeks 0%, it has always been thus. On the last titans try, Peyroux and the rest of the defence is miles in field, not many wingers (let alone Manu) are able to cover all that space.

Facing a combination of Raging Billy Tupou and Shhh-andor Earl – Manu and Ropo should be able to handle that.
If they pick Ferguson, look out, but surely they won’t if he (allegedly) declared himself unavailable for last week’s game to (allegedly) go to the pub in Sydney.
Peyroux hasn’t really taken his chance in the last game and a half, he is a strong tackler, runs hard, but not seeing much skill, speed or footy sense, and seeing as Konrad is making himself indispensable, there’s not a lot of point having him, I guess he can hold his position on the bench if ME won’t play an extra forward, personally I’d add a Vulcans forward or even Godinet to the bench.
Starting Lowrie and bringing on Mateo went well, Taylor played the whole game, wouldn’t mind an extra forward to sub with him and add some fresh legs.

Last edited:

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
1 Locke
2 Ropati
3 Hurrell
4 Nielsen (Laumape)
5 Vatuvei (saved because it would be stupid to make such a big change in a critical game, from both a combination and team morale point of view)
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Lillyman
11 Taylor
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Matagi
15 Mateo
16 Matulino
17 Laumape (if Nielsen is out, a fringe forward who can make tackles)

In 40 minutes, Peyroux made 5 tackles, missed 2 and had 2 ineffective. He ran 3 times for 25 metres and got 1 tackle bust. Pointless selection. Laumape would be far more useful on the bench. Regardless of position, Ngani will make more tackles, miss less and get far more metres. He's also a legit scoring threat.

Completely agreed. I wrote off DP in the Hamilton trial, and haven't seen anything to convince me of his selection. Laumape, like you said, or any of the young Vulcans (Ikahihifo, etc) would do a more effective job in the same position.

I REALLY want the Dragons to win this week. If not, we could be toast.
Just looked at the draw for the last two rounds and you'd have to comfortably believe that the Titans and Panthers will not make it. We beat the raiders and obviously they don't make it.
The match results for the past 3-4 weeks have all conspired to make it totally possible for us to make the 8. All we needed to do......was win! :arghh:
Same team as last week with less errors and tighter defence should = win.
Laumape for Nielsen if Dane is less than 90%.
Where the hell is my man Gubb?

Completely agreed. I wrote off DP in the Hamilton trial, and haven't seen anything to convince me of his selection. Laumape, like you said, or any of the young Vulcans (Ikahihifo, etc) would do a more effective job in the same position.

Peyroux brings a lot of energy, but beyond that I really see him as a 3rd-tier pick for a couple of positions. Like, ahead of untried NYC or Vulcans players.
In some ways, his chaotic approach is the opposite of what I want in a player.[DOUBLEPOST=1377474697][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just looked at the draw for the last two rounds and you'd have to comfortably believe that the Titans and Panthers will not make it. We beat the raiders and obviously they don't make it.
The match results for the past 3-4 weeks have all conspired to make it totally possible for us to make the 8. All we needed to do......was win! :arghh:
Same team as last week with less errors and tighter defence should = win.
Laumape for Nielsen if Dane is less than 90%.
Where the hell is my man Gubb?

Yeah I personally think the Sharks vs Cowboys will decide our fate.

Suspended? He was in loose unit mode the other weekend.

Peyroux brings a lot of energy, but beyond that I really see him as a 3rd-tier pick for a couple of positions. Like, ahead of untried NYC or Vulcans players.
In some ways, his chaotic approach is the opposite of what I want in a player.[DOUBLEPOST=1377474697][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah I personally think the Sharks vs Cowboys will decide our fate.

Suspended? He was in loose unit mode the other weekend.

first game friday will tell us if the warriors still a chance of the 8 Knights have to lose to broncos not much chance of cowboys losing to sharks chznges will be ropati back in at centre not sure thats a great idea but it will happen and laumape back on wing

first game friday will tell us if the warriors still a chance of the 8 Knights have to lose to broncos not much chance of cowboys losing to sharks chznges will be ropati back in at centre not sure thats a great idea but it will happen and laumape back on wing

An article today stated Nielsen should be fine for this weekend, so hopefully not!

Laumape in for Nielsen if required. Gubb in for Peyroux, no longer need to waste an interchange spot for centre cover. Add more size to the bench.

Same as last week hopefully with the same results.

Manu's going to have to have a BIG game, as will our forwards.

Ngani and Manu together is scary, and Konrad seems to have difficulties with Ngani's lack of communication on field? So, if Neilsen is out at all for the rest of the season I would go with Ropati and Ngani on the right, Hurrell and Manu left. Yep.

Warriors will win, because they must win.

The cowboys have been inconsistent this year. Sure they are in the midst of a good run but away to the sharks they are no way a certainty

The cowboys have been inconsistent this year. Sure they are in the midst of a good run but away to the sharks they are no way a certainty
Yeah I agree if the sharks are on their game the cowboys could well get smashed not a given by any means ...personal I believe the Sharks will win

think they are peaking at right time state of origin all over bowen back after the sharks get touched up tonight easy pickings for the cowboys on sunday two days more rest.Maybe the reason the warriors have fallen away the last month they already Peaked a month ago guys like Mannering Taylor and Friend needed a few weeks break Workhorses those three

Status
Not open for further replies.