General Pick Your Team - Round 10 Vs Panthers

1. Fisiiahi / Locke - Locke if available
2. Tupou - solid and dependable
3. Nielson / Laumape - if Nielson is still out, have to go with Laumape, was great for the Vulcans
4. Henry - one of the shining lights this season
5. Vatuvei - looked much better last night, overall
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Friend
10. Packer - played well last night, but need more from him - becoming the go-to prop
11. Mateo - overall, much better last night, still need to see more from him
12. Mannering
13. Lowrie

14. Matulino - needs to step, has been disappointing last few weeks.
15. Lillyman
16. Matagi / Gubb - would be happy with either
17. Siejka - I'd like to see Siejka get a run at 6, to vary our attack up a bit. Leuluai to 9, Friend a spell.

1 Locke
2 Tupou / Fish
3 Henry
4 Nielsen / Laumape
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Package
11 Martel
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Matulino
15 Matagi
16 Ikahihifo
17 Lillyman

*I don't think Godinet suits our current structure.
*Taylor is a good player but pointless in this team.
*We need more beef. Sebastine brings size to our 2nd row.
*Mannering to centre and Henry to wherever a backs injury may occur.
*This team does lack pace so I'd be comfortable with Fish for Tupou if the coach calls it.

Not too many changes, even though we need something to kick them into gear.

1 Injured Locke - still our best option
2 Fish - can live with his weak defence if he has Benry alongside
3 Laumape - beside Manu
4 Benry - I'm almost ready to put a capital C beside his name
5 Manu - but bring back the Beast!
6 Leuluai - best game so far, earned his spot finally
7 Johnson - but give the bombs to Benry. Just kick 40/20s and along the ground
8 Matagi - risky play, but Matulino hasn't earned a starting spot this year
9 Friend
10 Packer - we need his dominance from the start
11 Mateo - as always, plays best from the starting side, but needs to continue his upward slide
12 Mannering - would prefer to see him at 13 (or a week in the Vulcans - ME says the leadership group is struggling, then lets cut its head off), but he will not get touched unless something major happens
13 Lillyman (out of left field, but Lowrie ain't cutting it - too many penalties, dumb plays)

14 Matulino
15 Gubb - make our preferred props work for their position
16 Taylor - NOT prop!!!
17 Godinet - still belive we need his spark, he is just a little out of sorts, atm (must be hard when you come on and the team give up). Would like to see 10 minutes in the first half, before the team give in

18 Ikahihifo - tempted to put him at 12 with Mannering at 13, but not yet

Would like to punt Taylor, but can't see it right now. I think ME is using him as part of the leadership squad, due to his work ethic. Sam Lousi would steal his spot on the bench, if fit.

14 Matulino
15 Matagi
16 Ikahihifo
17 Lillyman

*I don't think Godinet suits our current structure.
*Taylor is a good player but pointless in this team.
*We need more beef. Sebastine brings size to our 2nd row.
*Mannering to centre and Henry to wherever a backs injury may occur.
*This team does lack pace so I'd be comfortable with Fish for Tupou if the coach calls it.

My thoughts on Godinet and Taylor are exactly the same. And I was very tempted to go with a bench like that, but I couldn't bring myself to not have some sort of attacking option on the bench, and I would really like to see Siejka get a go at some point... now seems as good a time as any, he'd probably be up for a huge game against his old club.

Can't see the point of continuing to develop Taylor for penrith- he's had a poor season and offers very little coming off the bench- the no look passes, the little skip before the line and now the one hand carries? wtf is be doing haha, its comical. bring back ikahihifo- he looked good at the start of the year before going off the boil a bit- he's had time to freshen up in the vulcans and offers a lot more impact coming off the bench. Plus he's not leaving in a couple of months.

Inruin

Contributor
Locke/Fish
Tupou
Henry
Hurrell/Laumape/Neilson
Fish/Laumape
Leuluai
Johnson - get a kicking game son
Packer
Friend
Matagi
Mateo
Lowrie
Mannerino

Lillyman
Rapira/Ikahihifo
Gubb
Godinet

Only message from ME is stick to the structure and if any of the opposition even look like giving us a little push or shove then all in. Last night they should have punched the shit out of Ennis in the scrum and blamed him for starting it. Since the shoulder charge has gone Matulino looks ineffective for some reason?

1) Locke (Fish)
2) Laumape (Fish/Tupou)
3) Henry (Tuimavarve/Hurrell)
4) Neilson (Tuimavavrve/Hurrell)
5) Vatuvei
6) Leuleui
7) Johnson
8) Packer
9) Friend
10) Rapira
11) Martel
12) Mannering
13) Lowery

14) Lilliman
15) Matalino
16) Matangi
17) Ikahihifo/Gubb/Lousi

Not to many option really, although I think that Taylor is currently an oxygen theif and people are finally waking up to what Godinet is (a quality reserve grade half.)

Reactions: Raurimu Massive
If I see Tuimavave on another team sheet, grrrrrr- I too lost confidence in the teams chances when I knew he was in the side, the worst tackler to play in the NRL ever and i don't know how they can fix it, because he tackles like he is shitting his pants, he did his best to hide in that 2nd half which is what caused his errors.

1 Fish
2 Tupou
3 Hurrell
4 Henry
5 Vatuvei
6 TL
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Rapira
9 Friend
10 Packer
11 Matulino
12 Mateo
13 Mannering

14 Seijka - if there is a game to see how he will go running the team this is it IMO, boy we need a kicker too
15 Lowrie
16 Matangi
17 Lillyman-

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Dont know the injuries situation but

1. Locke
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Nielsen (Laumape if still not right)
5. Vatuvei
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Packer
9. Friend
10.Rapira
11.Matulino (mobile enough for 2nd row and would give our pack a whole different look with more big moffo's out there)
12.Mannering
13.Henry (i think he has a lot more quality even at this stage than Lowrie who for mine while full of endeavour has been disappointing)

14.Godinet (has to come on at some stage in the first half though. Freind to finish the match, especially if we're leading)
15.Matangi (didnt look out of place to me. showed some good leg drive)
16.Lillyman
17.Mateo

Tbh doesnt seem to be too much wrong structually both offensive and defence. Elliots improved that no doubt. Would love to have some size on the park though cause we got bitch slapped.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Locke/Fish
Tupou
Henry
Hurrell/Laumape/Neilson
Fish/Laumape
Leuluai
Johnson - get a kicking game son
Packer
Friend
Matagi
Mateo
Lowrie
Mannerino

Lillyman
Rapira/Ikahihifo
Gubb
Godinet

Only message from ME is stick to the structure and if any of the opposition even look like giving us a little push or shove then all in. Last night they should have punched the shit out of Ennis in the scrum and blamed him for starting it. Since the shoulder charge has gone Matulino looks ineffective for some reason?
No Manu? What did he do wrong, that others didn't?

I think it might be time to start looking at next year- hard to see them making the eight. so.....Taylor gorne- give hurrell a permanent spot and let him gain the experience and confidence he needs- start experimenting with seijka and Locke pairing up with johnson in the halves and give shoulders some time at hooker and Manu a run in the forwards.
Edit- not all this week tho

Danpatmac

I think it might be time to start looking at next year- hard to see them making the eight. so.....Taylor gorne- give hurrell a permanent spot and let him gain the experience and confidence he needs- start experimenting with seijka and Locke pairing up with johnson in the halves and give shoulders some time at hooker and Manu a run in the forwards.

Elliott stated categorically that he cannot see this even remotely happening until after Manu's new contract runs out. He sees him as an outside back.

1 locke
2 tupou
3 nielson / laumape
4 henry
5 fisiahi
6 leuleuai
7 johnson
8 packer
9 friend
10 vatuvei :)
11 mateo
12 mannering c
13 lowrie

14 godinet
15 lillyman
16 matagi
17 matulino
18 taylor

coach me

Elliott stated categorically that he cannot see this even remotely happening until after Manu's new contract runs out. He sees him as an outside back.

He actually seems to be getting Manu to play as one, too. I like Elliot's philosophy on the big man, and I think everyone here could agree a fit, in form Manu playing on the wing with *good structure around him* is a very valuable asset to our club.

Ok, didn't hear that one- that's disappointing- although he was good last night on the wing he could be just what our forwards are missing.

Inruin

Contributor
No Manu? What did he do wrong, that others didn't?
Just my own personal selection. Thought he was good last night but still has the defensive frailties that show me he isnt learning. I used to like Manu ALOT more than Billy T but BT has shown me thta at least he can learn. I saw one play where Billy rushed up and tried to crash the centre to stop the move, didn't quite suceed but bought enough time for the cover and he got back and finished off the play. That is my only concern with Manu. It wouldnt bother me to have him in but until he starts to actually read the game we are going to be very vulnerable down that side and we will be targeted all day every day there.