General Pick Your Team Rnd 7 - Cowboys vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan G

Because Townsville is a completely different beast to Auckland/Sydney heat.

I don't mind the idea of wright outside Hurrell as long as Hurrell is playing well. Surely even Wright can finish after Hurrell has drawn the defenders.

Reactions: 1 user
Lolohea
Wright
Hurrell
Peyroux
Manu
Johnson
Townsend
Lillyman
Leuluai
Mutts
Hoffman
Thompson
Mannering

Friend
Vete
Lisone
Rapira

It's always said that you never change a winning team but I would like to see Peyroux come in and give Kata a rest (will do him good) and Sammy Raps to the bench. Heat will be the main factor and can see some of the young ones not coping.

Reactions: 1 users

Inruin

Contributor
I don't mind the idea of wright outside Hurrell as long as Hurrell is playing well. Surely even Wright can finish after Hurrell has drawn the defenders.
I would defend with Wright in the centres and Hurrell on the wing. Swap them over on attack.

Just a question, with Origin coming up who would people play on the left at back row to replace Hoffman?

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Just a question, with Origin coming up who would people play on the left at back row to replace Hoffman?

Ahh! That’s a scary one, hadn’t thought about that, so used to having an origin free squad, with just lillyman occasionally ducking out for 1 or 2 games.

The schedule limits the amount of times the warriors play before origin, byes before 1 and 3, only origin 2, we host the roosters, who may have a few missing themselves.

So he’d be available to back up the other times, but I don’t think its good management to play a 80 minute forward twice in one week, your just asking for him to slow right down later in the year, remember how tired he looked in the four nations?

Ben Henry. No? err, Ben Matulino because we seem to have propping depth?

Move Mannering and then rotate ikahihifo and an extra prop through the middle is what I’d do, I think it’s the safer than having the likes of Lousi defending on the edge.

MikeT beat me to it, hopefully Laurie is out of sight out of mind and goes with some combination of beau scott, cordner, josh jackson and over various over rated, red faced, aussie toilers. I don't need NSW selecting the best possible side.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
And then Lillyman goes and gets picked for Queensland.

Mal never picks him for game one, the fatties Taylor and Papalii liable to in there again. Dylan Napa being talked up, McGuire will probably make it this year.

But we do have like 6 (maybe 7 if your feeling charitable towards Gubb) props capable of playing first grade at the moment. I wouldn’t be doing cartwheels about Matagi coming back, but he’s okay

What about Faitala-Mariner? I reckon he could make the step up to first grade.

Im not really a big fan of multiple positional movements for one change, so would rather it was just a direct replacement for the Hoff.

Kata needs a rest. Hopefully Ngani can get in there.

I'd be partial to bringing Seb into the team to have a run at lock while Mannering moves out to replace Bodene so there's a chance of somebody actually hitting a gap. You can moan as much as you like about Shaun Johnson but he's getting very little help out there with Bodene, a dodgy Hurrell and Wright.

Reactions: 2 users
The good news is that the Cowboys will only have a 5 day turn around for this game. The bad news is, it will be about 30 degrees celcius at kick off. Tough on the boys, difficult to prepare for that sort of heat and humidity, Cowboys prepare in it all year round. Will need to get bigger minutes out of the bench and hold onto the ball otherwise we could get run over.

Unsure to why Laumape didn't end up playing there was a big buzz around before the storm game about him returning and next minute he's out hopefully he's back this week.

1. Lolohea
2. Kata
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Leuluai
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Friend
15. Rapira
16. Lisone
17. Faitala-Mariner
18. Peyroux

I'm not one to change a winning formula but its needed Wright is only a safe under the highball winger no skill no pace no awareness any other winger in the nrl would have had that flat ball Shaun Johnson threw against the storm yea he was better against tigers but gone for me Kata to wing for me if Laumape is back then when fusitua is ready kata to bench IMPACT. Faitala Mariner to bench to give Thompson a wee spell maybe 20 and Rapira back good to have experience over in Aus

Man watching the Cowboys bunnies game and I can see our right edge getting destroyed if we don't improve from the Tigers game.

The cowgirls have some pretty slick moves

After that display with the Cowboys tonight, really cant see any way we can win, so looks like we'll be in 12th spot next week, Both JT's were brilliant, and i think Shaun Johnson is going to be amazed watching Thurston command and direct the game for 80 mins. Yeah might see a couple of freakish things of Princess but he'll go missing in action for most of the match.

After that display with the Cowboys tonight, really cant see any way we can win, so looks like we'll be in 12th spot next week, Both JT's were brilliant, and i think Shaun Johnson is going to be amazed watching Thurston command and direct the game for 80 mins. Yeah might see a couple of freakish things of Princess but he'll go missing in action for most of the match.
We can always win.

It's just going to be incredibly difficult...

Reactions: 1 users
Gummon fellas! If we play well we are a chance. We beat them (including both JTs) there last year with a 6 loss 2 win record. We are building towards a new style of play Cappy has developed for our team and if it clicks we will trouble anyone. Our problems are errors, penalties and inexperience. Is we can manage those well we will give them a good game.

I did watch the cowboys last night and yes they were extremely good, particularly in the second half.

yea after that performance the Cowboys are definitely numero uno title contenders, the rabbits were down a few 1st graders doh, 2 monster packs hitting hard, love it, also isnt Micheal Morgan the quite achiever, very solid young player, play anywhere and deceptively fast, huge rapts on that guy...

anyway gonna be a hard ask for us, this will be a really huge test to see where we are at, our outside backs are goin to have to step up big time, and thats prob where theyre the weakest...
I hope Cappy uses his bench Hooker rotation better this game, I would even maybe start with friendy and have TL to add starch in the last twenty when the Cowboys seem to make there late run home, thats assuming its a close game... the Cowboys are slow starters, so if we get any opportunities we will def have to convert to points, minimize our errors close to zero, make every tackle count... or it could be a long and painful night in the Townsville heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.