General Pick Your Team Rnd 7 - Cowboys vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
A backline of Lolohea, Manu, Kata, Hurrell, Fusitua scares the shit out of me heading to Townsville.

I don't want Wright in the team as much as the next guy, but the potential nightmare of a Fusitua return to first grade after a lengthy lay-off, in Townsville, outside Konrad Hurrell...well I'd think there'd be 20 points for the Cowboys down that side.
Iv never rated wright but it's the better option at the mo

A backline of Lolohea, Manu, Kata, Hurrell, Fusitua scares the shit out of me heading to Townsville.

I don't want Wright in the team as much as the next guy, but the potential nightmare of a Fusitua return to first grade after a lengthy lay-off, in Townsville, outside Konrad Hurrell...well I'd think there'd be 20 points for the Cowboys down that side.
No more please Cappy... Our right edge has been molested enough this season...

Reactions: kheenanb
The hit and spin can be very effective and he's got a pretty good one- does over use it tho.
He can also skip outside his man and create an extra number- opened a couple of teams up last year doing that.
I'd like to see him hit it back in behind the ruck a bit more tho coz he's got good leg speed- just needs to work on his timing a bit to effectively run that line- Sammy raps would be the best man to spend some time with there.
Agree. Iv seen a lot of other nrl players use the spin move very effectively but from what I saw of him doing it last year he had issues controlling the ball even losing the ball

The hit and spin can be very effective and he's got a pretty good one- does over use it tho.
He can also skip outside his man and create an extra number- opened a couple of teams up last year doing that.
I'd like to see him hit it back in behind the ruck a bit more tho coz he's got good leg speed- just needs to work on his timing a bit to effectively run that line- Sammy raps would be the best man to spend some time with there.

Yeah that's why I would love to see him have a shot on the right at some point. Good defender and I think he's a better ball runner than Bodene. When he does skip outside his man he knows to free his outsides too, I think he could potentially form a pretty good combo with Hurrell there moving forward if given a chance. Mannerings a beast in the middle anyway so no harm giving Seb a go on the fringes to see what he offers.

Reactions: Defence

Good point, I do not want Wright there period and hate the thought of selecting a defensive winger because that's not what wingers should be selected for, but that side could leak a lot of points especially considering Mannering and Hoffman don't play that side either.

Reactions: ToiletDuck
Still not sure what is wrong with Shaun Johnson, was better at times but seems to be really struggling for confidence and the ability to march the boys around the park. Townsend was in charge of the majority of fifth tackle options which i don't agree with. His kicking game especially bombing is not even near Shaun Johnson's ability.

Think your being a bit harsh. Just made the tackle and would have been offside if he had made a play at Farrah. It was actually a basic missed tackle from Matulino that let Farrah through!

That's true but TL still had time to get into marker- Just didn't show enough urgency IMO and basically invited Farrah to run.
Matulinos effort was just embarrassing.
There was a bit made of his match up with woods and as much as I'd hate to admit it ( coz woods shits me ) he got the better off mutts yesterday- cranked out 200 meters.

Cowboys at Townsville is a tough tough game. We got over them last year at the corresponding fixture so I'm sure they will want to give us a bit of pay back.

Game plan is easy enough but will be hard to execute. Match the forwards and keep Thurston quiet. If we cough up possession in our half and give JT the time to create, we will be in for a very long night.

Just one change for me. Definitely keen to see Sammy Raps back on the bench, he can come in for Peyroux. Fusitua 18th man to cover Konrad. If Konrad is out I would put Wright at Center with Fusitua on the wing.

Reactions: davewjnz

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Comes down to left centre, right wing and bench, assuming no additional injuries.

I'd bring fusitua in on the wing, wright did well, but he gets so many kicks to defuse, teams obviously don't rate his returns, or his ball security.

And that's the strong part of his defensive game, defusing kicks, he's just as shaky as all the other warriors wings when teams run down his side. And fusitua might finish a chance that wright just can't.

Centre, no perfect options, kata is going ok, just can't concentrate for 80, Peyroux is an injury fill in, laumape probably can't be selected at all until his knee gets through back to back nsw cup games, and the coach seems reluctant to play allwood unless absolutely necessary.

Bench, bring rapira in for vete and lousi for Peyroux, both were standouts in the win over the cows last year.

Jordan G

Rapira in for Lisone or Vete
Maybe Wright to centre for Kata
Maybe Fusitua to wing

I don't think Kata is up to 80 minutes, especially in Townsville, but I would prefer Fusitua have at least one more game in NSW Cup. Dilemmas.

I prefer Dom on the bench as he can cover in the backs as well as the forwards plus it's nice to see mannering come off for a breather and not get forced into the centres when ever we have an injury in our backline
I agree, except Cappy is ignoring Dom on the bench. How many minutes did he get? Last week he didn't even play.

Reactions: kheenanb

Jordan G

I haven't seen Kata struggling with fitness??
Don't think it's fitness as such. More so a bit of fatigue which is affecting his concentration. He's a rookie in his first few games of senior league. A lot of mental things to consider rather than just blockbusting as he could in NYC.

Pretty much this. It's not an easy adjustment no matter how talented someone is.

That dropped ball towards the end of the game, you could see it coming. He had already started bobbling the ball before managing to hold onto them before the defense could get up on him. It's just a split second where he need to run hard, catch, then crash into the defense but he's just skipping that catch part for a fraction. He could easily have had 3 dropped balls last night and there's been similar instances in earlier games (usually in the second half)

I'm a Kata fan, and am really happy he seems to be handling first grade for the most part, but I fear the concentration under fatigue isn't quite there for the Townsville heat.

Could argue Lolohea has similar issues, more so with his involvement rather than hands under fatigue. Knights and Tigers games he had 100m by halftime and didn't make 150 in either game, a visible drop off in involvement and production from one half to the other. Again, these things are to be expected from young guys who are still coming to grips with first grade, but it does have the potential to cost us.

At the moment we're short on options and I expect them both to be named and won't complain if they are. It's an extremely big ask for young outside backs to take on the Townsville heat with Thurston testing them all game.

Same team if everyone pulled up ok. Combinations are building. it was a 10 point win over a team that was I think 5th going into the weekend, ill take that happily.
I wouldnt rush Fusitua back. Wright held on for a another shot this week.
Potentialy Raps comes in for either Vete or Lisone but this is for rest/rotation only, neither lad deserves to be dropped.
Dom looked good in the few minutes he did have, needs to be used more Townsville. I know we have an 80min backrow but Cappy should look at increasing the rotation amongst them this week to battle fatigue in the heat. We will need to compete for the whole 80 and not fade.

Lolohea
Wright
Hurrell
Kata
Manu
Johnson
Townsend
Lillyman
Leuluai
Mutts
Hoffman
Thompson
Mannering

Friend
Vete
Lisone
Raperia

I can't see any other team being picked after last weeks efforts...

And how come when I say it's too hot for the Warriors even Batty Johns is blasting the idea on the telly, but when others start bringing it up,,,,,, not a peep....:bag:

Reactions: stacky18
Status
Not open for further replies.