General Pick Your Team Rnd 24 - Warriors vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to lose now, maybe put Tomkins to the halves and Townsend on a plane - can't get any worse could it............................
upload_2015-8-16_15-37-48.jpeg
LOL

Reactions: mt.wellington
I never realised how slow Maumalo was...cause when hes taking up a hitup (which is all he ever does) he looks quick enough...but his turning circle and chase back makes Manu look fleet footed. He cant play on the wing anymore, I dont understand why they tried to turn him into a winger....Hes built a little bit like Alex Glen, might be worth giving him RFMs spot and see what he can do there??

fusitua was back in NSW cup right? he needs to come in

a bit disappointed with Lolohea so far. He made a good fist of whatever position he was put in this year, so I thought he'd jump at this opp. and make the most of it..With Kearney not preferring Marshall and with 6-7 games under his belt, thought he might be a dark horse for kiwis half spot and cement his position as our half before Leuluai is back....suffice to say hes fallen short of my lofty expectations..perhaps I was a little too optimistic. I dont know why he doesnt want to kick on the last play option. even with plenty of space and time he tries to run the ball or passes it onto Tomkins....is it the coach's orders or he doesnt have a kicking game, im still not sure...the couple of times he did kick he looked alright...

With bodene perhaps being available for this game, Im expecting Cappy to make about 9 changes to the squad...because changing = winning

I dont know why he doesnt want to kick on the last play option. even with plenty of space and time he tries to run the ball or passes it onto Tomkins....is it the coach's orders or he doesnt have a kicking game, im still not sure...the couple of times he did kick he looked alright...

I think you answered your own question there bud, I'll admit i havent been watching a whole lot but from i have seen his kicking game isnt too bad. probably been told by cappy to pass to tomkins more as he probably has a better kicking game.

You also have to remember that tui's playing around other inexperienced players. In an ideal world he would have played beside hoffman with johnson and leuluai taking most of the pressure off. imo he's been thrown out there like a lamb to slaughter. only problem is we have no other options... who knows this might be a good learning curb for him.

Far Away Fan

Our seasons over, can't even see any real nuisance value fron us either. So why not look at combinations that will benefit us for next year. Chad Townsend should be dropped for multiple reasons, not here next year, don't feel his form is good enough anyway........

But that won't happen, as for some reason that is beyond virtually everyone on this forum, Cappy thinks Chad has to be in the side. We have Mason Lino, we have another half in that fullback who slips over all the time....oh what's the point. I might just as well be talking to myself for all the good my writing this is going to do.

I agree totally with your radical approach. This season is over for us, plan now for next season on the field, not just on paper. Treat these games as trials.

And while we're at it, treat them as trials as far as a coach is concerned. Give Stacey the gig now instead of mid-way through next year.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Tomkins is so strange he has basically turned into the Kevin Locke of 12/13, pulling off some good covering play on defence, but not contributing anything much on attack.

No point calling for him to be moved to the halves anymore, he does have a good kicking game, easily 2nd best at the club, but all too late to try it out now.

Poor old Sam Rapira, might be the last we see of him, good servant to the warriors, but the way he went out summed it up, too small, not moving fast enough, crushed by someone much bigger, younger and faster.

Peyroux is not much of a centre, but he can be lively in the middle of the field, we seem to have a stack of players who look like handy part time locks, but look really dodgy when put out on the edge.

Might as well start Vete, Konrad, Bodene, bench Peyroux and RFM and I would give Fusitua another go on the wing ahead of Maumalo, as far as we know Fusitua IS part of the squad going forward, and he should be challenging for a wing spot next year, though watching NSW cup, might have got hurt again, hard to know as every time he gets knocked goes down like he’s been shot.

I can't really say I care about the team this week or even the games leading toward the end of the season. It's a shame that we've fallen apart.
I'll be surprised if we get another win this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: eX | Machina
But that won't happen, as for some reason that is beyond virtually everyone on this forum, Cappy thinks Chad has to be in the side. We have Mason Lino, we have another half in that fullback who slips over all the time....oh what's the point. I might just as well be talking to myself for all the good my writing this is going to do.

I agree totally with your radical approach. This season is over for us, plan now for next season on the field, not just on paper. Treat these games as trials.

And while we're at it, treat them as trials as far as a coach is concerned. Give Stacey the gig now instead of mid-way through next year.
With Cappy now fighting to save his job he will feel he has to win and will be taking no risks, the biggest loser is again the team,club,fans, a catch 22 situation. Someone at the top, i.e Mr Doyle, needs to step in and dictate what is best for the club in the LONG TERM, not what is best for a coach on the chopping block. Again, our season is shot and all focus and commitment needs to be on 2016.

Last edited:
1. Tomkins
2. Fusitua
3. Hurrell
4. Kata
5. Wright
6. Loloheia (if he is going to be a standoff next year)
7. Lino (Let him represent the first team before he leaves and show what might have been)
8. Lillyman
9. Friend
10. Vete
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Townsend
15. Lisone
16. Gubb
17. Rapira (to finish his career at the Warriors)

Jordan G

With Cappy now fighting to save his job he will feel he has to win and will be taking no risks, the biggest loser is again the team, a catch 22 situation. Someone at the top, i.e Mr Doyle, needs to step in and dictate what is best for the club in the LONG TERM, not what is best for a coach on the chopping block. Again, our season is shot and all focus and commitment needs to be on 2016.

When Doyle/Cappy are on the radio or quoted in the papers you guys should really take the time to listen/read.

1) Cappy has explained repeatedly why he won't be blooding someone like Lino. So it's not "for some reason that is beyond virtually everyone on this forum". It's only beyond those who don't take the time to listen.

2) Doyle repeated and agreed with the point so he's not going to "step in and dictate" anything. I have no doubt his focus is on 2016, that's why he's talking to more players to bring into the squad to strengthen it, and why he's talking to coaches/trainers etc to strengthen the team around Cappy.

3) Stacey Jones getting a trial as coach....hmmmm. What happened at the end of 2012 again? Bluey gets sacked, Iro gets a couple of trial games and surely the boys will play better because they like Iro.....yeah, nah.

If you disagree with what Cappy and Doyle say then that's fine, I've got no problem with that, but at least take the time to listen/read to what they're saying.

When Doyle/Cappy are on the radio or quoted in the papers you guys should really take the time to listen/read.

1) Cappy has explained repeatedly why he won't be blooding someone like Lino. So it's not "for some reason that is beyond virtually everyone on this forum". It's only beyond those who don't take the time to listen.

2) Doyle repeated and agreed with the point so he's not going to "step in and dictate" anything. I have no doubt his focus is on 2016, that's why he's talking to more players to bring into the squad to strengthen it, and why he's talking to coaches/trainers etc to strengthen the team around Cappy.

3) Stacey Jones getting a trial as coach....hmmmm. What happened at the end of 2012 again? Bluey gets sacked, Iro gets a couple of trial games and surely the boys will play better because they like Iro.....yeah, nah.

If you disagree with what Cappy and Doyle say then that's fine, I've got no problem with that, but at least take the time to listen/read to what they're saying.
Sorry, live in Australia didn't catch the broadcast.But I still stand absolutely by what I say.

Jordan G

Sorry, live in Australia didn't catch the broadcast.But I still stand absolutely by what I say.

And that's fair enough too.

Whenever Cappy/Doyle appear on radio sport the links to the interviews are usually posted by members around here. I live in Australia too so it's good that members do that for those of us who can't always listen live (even though it's live on the radio website as an option too, but usually I have no idea when they're being interviewed until after it's happened)

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. David Fusitua
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Solomone Kata
5. Glen Fisiiahi / Jono Wright
6. Sam Tomkins
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Nathan Friend
10. Albert Vete
11. Bodene Thompson / Raymond Faitala-Mariner
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Mason Lino
15. Sam Lisone
16. Charlie Gubb
17. Ken Maumalo

18. Dom Peyroux

Rapira and Tomkins have been charged by the judiciary. Week for Rapira and zero with an early guilty plea for Tomkins

Rapira and Tomkins have been charged by the judiciary. Week for Rapira and zero with an early guilty plea for Tomkins
Wow. I'm guessing Tomkins for the boot in the try… but Rapira? For what? Headbutting that guys shoulder? Did he take too big a divot out of the turf when he went down?… jeesh.

Rapira for a dangerous throw on Lewis Brown. Tomkins for dangerous contact-other on Lewis Brown. I can only assume it was for leading with the feet when he stopped the try in the second half. Interestingly Campbell-Gillard wont miss a game after pretty much knocking rapira out. You can only admire the consistency and common sense of the nrl.
Edit: I was going to post the link but nrl.com has caked its pants, which sums things up pretty nicely.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay
Status
Not open for further replies.