General Pick Your Team - Rnd 23 vs Knights

Toughest game of the month coming our way... Knights just took down the Storm and we are playing away from home. Assuming Lolohea and Nielsen out, assuming Johnson and Hurrell are ready to return...

1 Sam Tomkins
2 David Fusitua / Solomone Kata
3 Konrad Hurrell
4 Ngani Laumape
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Chad Townsend
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Nathan Friend
10 Suaia Matagi
11 Simon Mannering
12 Ben Henry
13 Sebastine Ikahihifo

14 Thomas Leuluai
15 Ben Matulino
16 Feleti Mateo
17 Sam Rapira

Mateo seems to be in some vague kind of form so he edges Lousi.

Of course, if Hurrell is still unavailable, Henry moves to centre and Lousi retains his spot.

Is it just me or is Ikahihifo in a form slump? Dude's not running with vigor not tackling aggressive just going through the motions by the looks.. wake up buddy.

Same as Matagi where is those devastating punishing runs I saw him do for Samoa at the World Cup? Good work rate and all the rest but he's pretty much done nothing I want more aggression and venom with the ball carries

Danpatmac

i'm assuming that the following will be unavailable:

Hurrell, Neilson, Lolohea and possibly Fusitua.

1. Tomkins
2. Kata
3. Henry
4. Laumape
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Friend
10. Lillyman
11. Lousi
12. Mannering
13. Ikahihifo

14. Leuluai
15. Mateo
16. Matulino
17. Matagi
18. Bukuya

Reactions: Horriors2014

ToiletDuck

Administrator
The Knights will be an interesting proposition. They got all hyped up then fell flat at home in the RiseForAlex round, with a loss vs the Titanos. They then got up the following week against the Rooters, only to follow that up with a 50 point thrashing at the hands of the Rabbits. And most recently beat the Storm in a high scoring, beat the buzzer kick from the sideline...

Who knows what side will show up on Sunday.

Let's hope konnie ,danger and tui are fit for the knights other wise next cab off the rank is,Laurie Carlos Daley Jnr.Nooooooooo

Is it just me or is Ikahihifo in a form slump? Dude's not running with vigor not tackling aggressive just going through the motions by the looks.. wake up buddy.

Same as Matagi where is those devastating punishing runs I saw him do for Samoa at the World Cup? Good work rate and all the rest but he's pretty much done nothing I want more aggression and venom with the ball carries
its been a long seasons and im actually wondering if this season (correct me if im wrong) seeing hes played alot more games than previous hes actually fatigued.

Jordan G

Not concerned with Matagi running the ball. More worried about his defense.

Thought Ikahihifo was far more effective against the Sharks than he was against the Raiders. Defensively he's not trying to kill people, but I'm OK with that.

Same team as last week with Shaun Johnson and Fusitua coming in for Neilsen and Lolohea. I don't see Neilsen being right, his head was graped between the ground and Tagateses body weight landing shoulder first. Henry to move to centre.

its been a long seasons and im actually wondering if this season (correct me if im wrong) seeing hes played alot more games than previous hes actually fatigued.

That's what I'm sensing too he's been playing big minutes might be starting to drain him could be detrimental carrying passengers in important games let's hope he rediscovers some form because for me Bukuya could easily take his place

Reactions: jsmooove
The Knights will be an interesting proposition. They got all hyped up then fell flat at home in the RiseForAlex round, with a loss vs the Titanos. They then got up the following week against the Rooters, only to follow that up with a 50 point thrashing at the hands of the Rabbits. And most recently beat the Storm in a high scoring, beat the buzzer kick from the sideline...

Who knows what side will show up on Sunday.
Very Pre-McFadden Warriors-like of them eh? Nice to see that another club has become the "toss a coin" team of the comp.

We have a high number of centre/ wings with injury issues. Fusitua, Hurrell, Nielsen, Kata, Lolohea, Benry. Getting the balance right without playing someone who is going to get hurt in the first 20 will be critical.

Reactions: gREVUS
Toughest game of the month coming our way... Knights just took down the Storm and we are playing away from home. Assuming Lolohea and Nielsen out, assuming Johnson and Hurrell are ready to return...

1 Sam Tomkins
2 David Fusitua / Solomone Kata
3 Konrad Hurrell
4 Ngani Laumape
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Chad Townsend
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Nathan Friend
10 Suaia Matagi
11 Simon Mannering
12 Ben Henry
13 Sebastine Ikahihifo

14 Thomas Leuluai
15 Ben Matulino
16 Feleti Mateo
17 Sam Rapira

Mateo seems to be in some vague kind of form so he edges Lousi.

Of course, if Hurrell is still unavailable, Henry moves to centre and Lousi retains his spot.
I think you're pretty much right bro. And definitely right about Mateo - he's playing well, but not exactly taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Vague is an apt word for that man.

I'm picking this to be a bloody hard fought match, and threatens to take a hell of a lot out of players who are already getting a bit worn out - Ikahihifo looked buggered on Sunday, so I'm hoping he comes through OK. Wouldn't be surprised if he's rested, which would likely see both Lousis take the field if fit.

Sadly, the injuries we've been sustaining mean that young players who should be getting rested, aren't. That makes these games against lower teams pretty damned tough.

Still, far better for team morale to come through a hard-fought game with a win than it is to steamroll the opposition, put 50 points on them and come away with ego-stroked players thinking they're all that and a bag of chips.

That's what I'm sensing too he's been playing big minutes might be starting to drain him could be detrimental carrying passengers in important games let's hope he rediscovers some form because for me Bukuya could easily take his place
Some games Seb has gone in hard almost self destructive so epic reps to him. Honeslty i would rest him and give him a week off and as you mention bakuya can slip in.