General Pick Your Team Rnd 20 vs Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.
unclesteve

unclesteve

Only one change for mine and not trying to add to the debate but Fusitua gets dropped for a weak defensive effort, lets stick with one of the factors that produced our turnaround i.e. punishing players for a lack of effort. Laumape comes back in, push Nielson out to the wing.

Only other change i would make is to start with Mannering, Henry and Matulino. Seb, whilst he in no way deserves it, starts from the bench and comes on after 20 to shore up the 2nd quarter, i am just wondering whether bringing Mutts and Mateo on at the same time just confuses things, who is supposed to be the no nonsense prop and who is the ball playing 2nd rower.....Seb has been one of our most improved and consistent and when he goes off i think we suffer.

Passi gets another shot. One dumb offload out of sheer exuberance and was robbed in not getting a ptb penalty when the ball was knocked out. Hes too good to be a one hit wonder.
Lulu will be angry eyes at himself after that introduction and he will be better this week, plus he gives us half options should Shaun Johnson or CT go down.

Reactions: 5 users

warriors4sure

I've got strange feeling that Hurrell will cop few weeks on sideline for that shoulder.
Hurrells all good. NRL havent charged him thank fark..just has to show hes all good from the concussion

Reactions: 1 user

slaughterhouse.sa

Only one change for mine and not trying to add to the debate but Fusitua gets dropped for a weak defensive effort, lets stick with one of the factors that produced our turnaround i.e. punishing players for a lack of effort. Laumape comes back in, push Nielson out to the wing.

Only other change i would make is to start with Mannering, Henry and Matulino. Seb, whilst he in no way deserves it, starts from the bench and comes on after 20 to shore up the 2nd quarter, i am just wondering whether bringing Mutts and Mateo on at the same time just confuses things, who is supposed to be the no nonsense prop and who is the ball playing 2nd rower.....Seb has been one of our most improved and consistent and when he goes off i think we suffer.

Passi gets another shot. One dumb offload out of sheer exuberance and was robbed in not getting a ptb penalty when the ball was knocked out. Hes too good to be a one hit wonder.
Lulu will be angry eyes at himself after that introduction and he will be better this week, plus he gives us half options should Shaun Johnson or CT go down.

Agreed...particuarly with the first point.
I am sure he expects to be dropped.

But Paasi wasnt just drop ball, he lacked mobility and got gassed.
Give him time to work hard at NSW cup and then blood him agian.
Im sure Paasi will be happy to get a fulltime contract - the bloke probably is a labourer during the day.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Agreed...particuarly with the first point.
I am sure he expects to be dropped.

But Paasi wasnt just drop ball, he lacked mobility and got gassed.
Give him time to work hard at NSW cup and then blood him agian.
Im sure Paasi will be happy to get a fulltime contract - the bloke probably is a labourer during the day.
This may sound silly but I think players like Charlie Gubb, Sam Lousi, Sione Lousi, Agnatius Paasi and even Sam Lisone should be playing no less then 60 minutes in Reserve Grade with an aim to hit 70 by the end of the season. Even Sam Lisone should be playing 80 minutes in the NYC grade.

Agnatius Paasi is a good player, hard grafter and I have no doubt he'll bounce back but they all need to play longer. Thats not just for the Warriors but also for them personally and their aspirations of making a career of playing NRL...

Reactions: 3 users

DANZ

Those three senior players are dickheads for doing that.

Especially those three.....attacking geniuses...defensive noddies screaming at you in that cauldron......Fusitua should have yelled back " I was trying to play like you fullahs "

I didnt mind it from Hurrell bro - I bet they work their arses off together at training and they have to expect a lot from one another - centre is the hardest place to defend at - and we've all seen Hurrell improve out of sight in that area since Cappy's arrival.

Copley for mine is a future Queensland centre and Hurrell had to be at his best to control him. Hurrell shut him down whilst he was on, including during the movement before he passed to Kahu to score. The tackle on Kahu was not a hard one, but Fusitua went in weak. I can forgive a bad decision if you go in with the right attitude - but Fusitua's attitude towards the tackle was shit. He deserved to be yelled at.

As for Tomkins and Johnson screaming at him - they can both get fucked. Henry should never have passed to him - Phil Gould has said it quite a bit over the season - there's no point in passing the ball to someone in a worse position than you. Make the decision to hold onto the ball.

Agree that Paasi deserves another run though - he actually got me quite excited with some of his runs and a couple of his hits. Fuckn solid dude.

Reactions: 2 users
JBmurc

JBmurc

Yeah I agree on giving Fusitua a rest he's not 100% ...Neilsen outside of Konrad, and Laumape back to left centre ..I think would be brilliant move with what we've got on rooster ...Konrad breaks the tackle Neilson can catch better than pass soild D (not sure under the high ball though) Laumape has great hands would set-up Manu much better on attack also D wise chould work pretty

Also SAM tomkins what the fuck do we really need another bi=polar player last week I really thought he was playing to the potential of the paycheck this week a schoolboy would get pass him ....we basically don't have a last line of D

slaughterhouse.sa

This may sound silly but I think players like Charlie Gubb, Sam Lousi, Sione Lousi, Agnatius Paasi and even Sam Lisone should be playing no less then 60 minutes in Reserve Grade with an aim to hit 70 by the end of the season. Even Sam Lisone should be playing 80 minutes in the NYC grade.

Agnatius Paasi is a good player, hard grafter and I have no doubt he'll bounce back but they all need to play longer. Thats not just for the Warriors but also for them personally and their aspirations of making a career of playing NRL...

Agreed - Gubb last year would of been much more effective at NRL.
He was playing massive minutes in NSW cup which as you state needs to happen for all those next in line.

brightman

brightman

Some of us believe Fusitua will be a better player for our club by playing in the NSW cup this week.
Yourself and others believe he will become a better player by playing first grade this week.
This issue is proving to be the debate of the week but I don't think any of this is jumping the gun. Rather I think both sides have made compelling arguments and I am excited about tomorrows team announcement.
To me Jumping The Gun would be declaring Fusitua as the future of our club when he is 19, improving with his carries and a great finisher but someone who has been exposed defensively by a number of NRL sides. NOBODY can predict the future, whose to say what kind of a player he will be in 3-5 years time or if he will even be in Auckland at that time. Who would have thought in 2012 that come 2014 Ben Barba would be a Bronco and a shadow of his former self.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one and wait with baited breath for tomorrows team announcement.
Okay i'm just gonna put it all out there and say it... Fusitua will be the next Israel Folau of the NSWarriors.

Whoops, forgot he's already started to amass a highlights reel in FG?

ryno

ryno

Geez Manly are clinical. Only 1 error and now they are starting to dismantle the Dragons.

We definitely need to aim up!

henry6606

Food for thought....

How do fans recon we would have gone V the Broncos and now Manly respectively were Steve Matai and Ryan Hoffman playing in both games ?
Better or worse ?

Potential verses actual
Are You comparing Nielsen With Matai Must Be A Trick Question

snake77

snake77

Similar to how we have restructured our pathways for the under 20's players to play NSW Cup before first grade a policy like this would be great for our young forwards. Make them play through fatigue, player longer minutes and prepare for first grade intensity.

I doubt Paasi would have been playing first grade this week; similar to Sam Lousi against the Eels McFadden would have wanted to give him a game in first grade before sending him down again with things to work on.

This week we will see if McFadden drops players after one poor performance or if he holds his nerve that the performance was a one off compared to previous form. He dropped a few big names at the start of the year but that was after a few weeks of bad form.

For this week I wouldn't make to many changes.

Paasi would drop out to continue his development. Bakuya would come in.
Laumape for Nielsen.

I'd like another bigger forward so Sione Lousi as 18th man and debate pulling Mateo or Bakuya on game day.

It's good having TL back and it's highly unlikely he'll play NSW Cup but it does make our selections tougher; playing with the 4 forward bench was working really well.

henry6606

Fusitua Won't Be Going Anywhere if you think Neilsen can Score tries like that You Have Rocks In your Head

JBmurc

JBmurc

Fusitua Won't Be Going Anywhere if you think Neilsen can Score tries like that You Have Rocks In your Head

No but he can stop them ...rather have a guy thats 100% than a better player thats injuryed that will cost us try's

• Haha
mode81

mode81

Food for thought....

How do fans recon we would have gone V the Broncos and now Manly respectively were Steve Matai and Ryan Hoffman playing in both games ?
Better or worse ?

Potential verses actual

In my opinion with both of those players in our side I'd be way more confident going up against Manly this weekend.

I still am confident with our current squad but I believe both of them would have made a massive difference against the Broncos, maturity, calmness, experience and composure, as mentioned prior direction and leadership are other key factors those two players would have brought to the team.

Reactions: 2 users
Swanley

Swanley

I'd be happy with the same team vs the Broncos.

Young bloke can stay on the wing
Mateo, if he plays like he dud against parra can stay.
If the debutant doesn't try a stupid offload, he can stay as well.
TL will be better for the run
The kick to Manu is not effective if they oppo have it covered and and best two attacking weapons are lined up for a move and are not given the ball.

As long as they learn from their mistakes we will give Manly a competitive match.

Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

We would have killed it, Neilsen gets in the way or isn't running a line to put him in a positive position, Matai would run rampant, and the Hoffs pretty much the same, knows how to run a line and both are awesome defenders, its the leadership factor that stands out the most though and the ability to right the ship..

Well our right side attack is awesome, with Shaun Johnson, Bukuya/Henry, Hurrell and Fusitua... our left side attack has been struggling of late - but imagine the Chad, Hoffman, Matai, Manu... that's two gun edges right there... Chad doesn't even need to do anything special... just give it to Hoffman hitting a hole, out the back to Tomkins, or straight to Matai and let him make the decisions...

Add that to the likes of Matulino and Ikahihifo in the middle of the park, and suddenly you have a side that is a legitimate threat all over the field.

So yeah - I think we would have kill it too.

Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

Matai has a cork on his knee, but should be right to play this weekend per Toovey on the news this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.