General Pick Your Team Rnd 16 - Warriors vs Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonno

jonno

I'm hoping we can continue on with this 80 min game plan... Looking to conserve energy by holding good field position and earning repeat sets first and foremost, then being patient and waiting for the opposition defense to open up before taking any awesome Warrior Ball risks...

But it seemed like last night that our best attacking raids came from some very low risk plays. Shaun Johnson putting in a grubber looking for a drop out and getting lucky, or Shaun Johnson running through a hole in the defense and sprinting away to score.

Maybe low risk, high reward plays are the key to our future success... We should maybe believe in our natural talent and let that shine through naturally on attack, without trying to force things that should never be forced...

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

I seriously wish we had someone else for Chad, seriously. That guy is hopeless as a first grader. He sees holes only for himself. He has so much strike power outside of him, he just has no idea on how to use it.
It's good to half who isn't afraid to take the line on. Keeps the defence honest. Can't have the same through the hands, short ball plays every set (as most alluded to in the game day thread, and what we drove away from in the second half).

Warrior ball. Ad lib, unpredictable footy. That's what we do best brada.

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

ST
Maumalo (Fusitua if mini-beast injured)
Hurrell
Kata
Manu
C-Money
Shaun "Golden boy" Johnson
Lillyman
Friend
Matulino
RFM
Hoffy
Manners

Lolohea
Thompson
Vete
Gubb

I'd start RFM (let him build on form) and bring Thompson off the bench to take the defensive load off the boys as they fatigue. Gubb and his defensive stay in, Vete replaces Ikahihifo.

Lolohea replaces Havili forever.

EDIT: I was so mesmerised with Shaun Johnson's performance on the weekend I forgot to include him in my original team list. Thanks for the heads up boys....:oops:

Last edited:
Stylez Davis

Stylez Davis

good team. My only concern is how would Lolohea be used off the bench? I'm not convinced he can handle the defence required at hooker and our backs can be covered by other players if injury occurs.
Tui to 6 Chad to hooker
you're welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

ST
Hurrell
Kata
Manu
C-Money
Lillyman
Friend
Matulino
RFM
Hoffy
Manners

Lolohea
Thompson
Vete
Gubb

I'd start RFM (let him build on form) and bring Thompson off the bench to take the defensive load off the boys as they fatigue. Gubb and his defensive stay in, Vete replaces Ikahihifo.

Johnson?

Reactions: 1 users

stacky18

Tomkins
Maumalo / Tui
Konnie
Kata
Manu
Chad
Johnson
Vete
Friend
Matulino
Gubb
Hoffman
Mannering

Lillyman
Thompson
Seb
Tui/RFM

Bo needs a break. 80 min games for 15 weeks now. Comes from bench.
If ken's injured and Tui starts Bo can spell Friend for 10mins either side of half time and RFM can spell Gubb. Friend returns and Bo goes to the edge.
Lisone needs a break even if he's fit.

Stylez Davis

Stylez Davis

ST
Hurrell
Kata
Manu
C-Money
Lillyman
Friend
Matulino
RFM
Hoffy
Manners

Lolohea
Thompson
Vete
Gubb

I love the inovation the warriors play with, "the wall", pushover scrums, pushing in the scrums even, but playing with no half back!! Now that's some next level shit!!!!

• Haha
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Solomone Kata
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Albert Vete
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Tuimoala Lolohea
15. Jacob Lillyman
16. Charlie Gubb
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Basically the same team but Tuimoala Lolohea in for Siliva Havili. Siliva doesnt add a thing IMO. Needs to pull 80 minute games in Reserve Grade so he can be fit enough to play 30 minutes in NRL...

Wot he sed.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Maumolo is out, looks like a broken leg. Came out of Auckland customs in a wheelchair. Could be out for the year.

Richie

Richie

Maumolo is out, looks like a broken leg. Came out of Auckland customs in a wheelchair. Could be out for the year.

Bummer.
1. Sam Tomkins
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Solomone Kata
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Albert Vete
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Tuimoala Lolohea
15. Jacob Lillyman
16. Charlie Gubb
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Basically the same team but Tuimoala Lolohea in for Siliva Havili. Siliva doesnt add a thing IMO. Needs to pull 80 minute games in Reserve Grade so he can be fit enough to play 30 minutes in NRL...

Nice. I'll have Fish (we need to give him a chance in FG and this seems a perfect game to do it) for Maumalo (if injured) and consider having RFM in the starting team to give Hoff a bit more time to clear his head. Vete coming straight back in to the starting side should be sweet, as he should be eager to show the boys he can slot straight back in effectively (especially with Gubb now showing some value), and Bull was Herculean off the bench, so let's hope he can repeat.

Canberra strike me as being very similar to the Titans in many ways (speed to burn, good young halves, defensive inconsistency), so let's hope for a repeat performance from our boys. With our run home, we really need to be putting this level of team away hard if we're going to make the eight.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1 Sam Tomkins
2 Ken Maumalo
3 Konrad Hurrell
4 Solomone Kata
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Chad Townsend
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Nathan Friend
10 Ben Matulino
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Simon Mannering (c)

Tuimoala Lolohea
Albert Vete
Sebastine Ikahihifo
Raymond Faitala-Mariner

If Maumalo is out, David Fusitua comes into his place. Very tough on Charlie Gubb because he did play very well last night, but I was ultra impressed by Sebastine Ikahihifo against the Roosters.

The Stache

The Stache

Squad pretty much picks its self. Carry Lolo on the bench. Take friend off for a rest or if injured, and make Le Chad play hooker fuck him Lolo needs first grade experience at 6, I don't want us to be trialling him there next year it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry chad ;(

kheenanb

good team. My only concern is how would Lolohea be used off the bench? I'm not convinced he can handle the defence required at hooker and our backs can be covered by other players if injury occurs.
So if Sam Tomkins was injured during the game who would you move to cover fullback

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
So if Sam Tomkins was injured during the game who would you move to cover fullback
I would probably move Kata to fullback and get a back rower to cover centre, either RFM or Simon

jonno

jonno

It's good to half who isn't afraid to take the line on. Keeps the defence honest. Can't have the same through the hands, short ball plays every set (as most alluded to in the game day thread, and what we drove away from in the second half).

Warrior ball. Ad lib, unpredictable footy. That's what we do best brada.
I think Shaun Johnson is trying to wear down his markers with that short ball, so that late in the game he can step through them.

And Warrior ball ad lib footy only works when we start the play from a nice set structure and then play what's in front IMO... Guys running around from wherever doesn't look good at all.... It's just too confusing for the ball carrier to read the opposition and his own team at the same time...

Live Ball footy is what we want.. Players keeping the ball in play long enough to break the opposition d line. But that can go wrong and we can end up losing meters on every play if there's no organization in our ranks...

Status
Not open for further replies.