General Pick Your Team Rnd 15 vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of get the guy's pain, but more in a who-will-I-be-watching-the-game-with way, as if I was by myself it would be the Warriors everytime, but I'll likely be with mates somewhere, no doubt most of who will be more keen on the AB's.

If I'm at a mates place will likely be flicking between, then lingering on whichever is the most exciting, but if in town will probably be a bar where AB's are on most of the screens, with Warriors on a little soundless out of the way screen (like when Warriors v Titans clashed with an ABs game last year).

If Mt Wellington's team is correct, have a question mark over Havili dropped. Thought that he had twice the impact Friendy made in the that, game, and warranted more game time, not being dropped.

Other than that, happy with the side, Wouldn't be changing much at all.

Havili gets brought in and out of Fg per the schedule.

All normal.

The new way is the noobs get dropped for rests even if they are playing well.

That must take enormous pressure off those players.

Hopefully it's that and not to do with injury.

Seems stupid dropping Havili after his best game, when we have on our bench a second rower returning from injury and a prop who made zero to no impact last time he played.

But not as stupid as pondering whether to watch the bore blacks instead..

Just realised, it wasnt just week where our bye is coinciding with origin players being out...our next buy is after 2 rounds, when origin players will be rested that weekend...

Co-incedence OR is NRL trying to level the playing field so warriors (and other such teams) are not advantaged by the situation

Seems stupid dropping Havili after his best game, when we have on our bench a second rower returning from injury and a prop who made zero to no impact last time he played.
But not as stupid as pondering whether to watch the bore blacks instead..

We not learning from week to week aye...which I thought would change after McFadden took over

The game from a couple of weeks ago, when Havili came in at the back end of the 1st half and Friend back for the last 20mins...Havili had a pretty good game and Friend played the best I've seem him play for a long time

Then against the rabbit we change that and Friend plays 65mins and he went back to being his usual speed hump impersonation....

So the lesson from the rabbits game is.....DROP HAVILI....Really?

Friend is a true Warrior but a timely injury from him would be great timing.. put him out for a month.. see what Havili and co can really do. Would love to see lulu-eye back too.. Him at Hooker would be huge!!

Reactions: eudebrito

Inruin

Contributor
Friend is a true Warrior but a timely injury from him would be great timing.. put him out for a month.. see what Havili and co can really do. Would love to see lulu-eye back too.. Him at Hooker would be huge!!
or it might show exactly why Friend is selected every week.........

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
I just think it is about not overloading these youguns too soon too fast.

One of the biggest complaints about our younguns has been their attitude....big heads....years of spoiled brat , take for granted arrogance.

Transitioning people like Havili in and out of Fg makes sense to me.....long term approach which might upset fans in the short term but long term it makes for balanced players.

I just think it is about not overloading these youguns too soon too fast.

One of the biggest complaints about our younguns has been their attitude....big heads....years of spoiled brat , take for granted arrogance.

Transitioning people like Havili in and out of Fg makes sense to me.....long term approach which might upset fans in the short term but long term it makes for balanced players.

Hmm I'm not sure on this one, I believe its the Friend is a 80 minute hooker and Havili should be getting his minutes up in the Vulcans instead of taking a bench spot debate.

I don't really agree and have always liked a two hooker roation ala Mears and Death, Marsh and Tony, Henderson and Gattis, Heremaia and Hohaia.

Kind of gutted we let Godinet go actually.

Here is a question, would you rather have a hooker rotation of Heremaia and Godinet or Friend and Havili?

Reactions: Sup42
Hmm I'm not sure on this one, I believe its the Friend is a 80 minute hooker and Havili should be getting his minutes up in the Vulcans instead of taking a bench spot debate.

I don't really agree and have always liked a two hooker roation ala Mears and Death, Marsh and Tony, Henderson and Gattis, Heremaia and Hohaia.

Kind of gutted we let Godinet go actually.

Here is a question, would you rather have a hooker rotation of Heremaia and Godinet or Friend and Havili?

Heremaia and Havili would do me.

Aaron has gone on to become a good Hooker in the ESL. Some would say he was good before he left , I wasn't a big fan tbh, but if you look at the player he was when he first hit the ESL to the player he is now....he's improved a lot in that sense.

But If that options not a go , and your options were all there is on the table , probably go for Heremaia and Godinet....only because Heremaia looks to be the best Hooker of the lot these days. Very mature player now , real loss.

Andrew McCullough reportedly out for a month for Broncos. WIll be tough for the Broncos with him and Parker gone and Thaiday, Hunt, Gillett and Hodges backing up.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Andrew McCullough reportedly out for a month for Broncos. WIll be tough for the Broncos with him and Parker gone and Thaiday, Hunt, Gillett and Hodges backing up.

ooh if mccullough is really out for a while they are farked, really improved player and does a lot of good stuff for them.

Hodges dosen't often back up, thaiday is short of a gallop, might be facing a severly reduced team.

Reactions: Defence
Corey Parker is reportedly unavailable to face the Warriors on Saturday due to his facial fracture.
most of Brisbane's, Morons will back up and have blinders as they usually do, I can see Sammy Thaiday playing his heart out but to no avail, and us taking it out in the last twenty by at least 14+ points it'll be close most of the game but they will fade...
I would be happy with the team that mt wellington posted if they go with that, but I'm also a fan of Havili and wish he got more minutes, he just seems to get going then hes pulled, I like his crispness/sharpness from dummy half that friend just doesnt have but I know its Friends experience that Cappy will bank on, either way Warriors will take it out...

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor

Yeah I’m beginning to believe that TL/Havili is the hooking combination to get us really rolling, friend will pull out these occasionally great games, like the storm game, but when you see segeyaro and jake friend and some of these other players create opportunities from dummy half, old Nathans not even playing the same position.

No guarantee TL will be better, but give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.