General Pick Your Team Rnd 15 vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully now Ben Matulino is out, Ben Henry is back. We can talk all we want about Mateo but what are the options without him. He is a risk but is it a greater risk than playing a rookie, be it Faitala-Marriner, Lisone, Poching etc. What is TL's status ?

My team, Tomkins, Fusitua, Hurrell, Laumape, Vatuvei, Townsend, Shaun Johnson, Ikahihifo, Mannering, Henry, Gubb, Havili, Rapira. Bukuyu, Matagi, Lisone, Mateo.

What I would like to see
1. More game time for Havili, with Henry and maybe even Laumape taking stints at dummy half. If Havili can only last 15 minutes at a time questions need to be asked and answered regarding team fitness and conditioning..
2. Greater direction from Shaun Johnson and Townsend.
3. Forwards running from deeper with lower body position in tackles to get to ground quicker on their stomachs to get quicker play the balls and subsequent penalties. For offloads it will be easier to drive upwards to get arms free.

4. I want to see more stopping power in the middle, that is why I haven't selected Friend. However, as replacements we have the current National hookers.
5. Mateo is there because I don't want to risk two rookies on the bench.
6. Get our outside backs involved more on attack, if we pose more risk at dummy half that should free up space for them. That is why I have dropped Friend (who I admire tremendously)
7. Better communication on defence defending kicks.
8. Introduce a new weapon among experienced players, he doesn't have to play big minutes, just give it a lash. I have said Lisone, others may have be in a better position to assess the merits of someone else.

Reactions: Sup42 and Defence

Jordan G

Ben Henry did well in the Anzac game, but let's not kid ourselves. He's not a threat at dummy half and I doubt we could squeeze more than 40 high quality minutes out of Havilli at this stage while he is getting accustomed to NRL. I'd like to see him get more game time as well though, 18 minutes isn't enough.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
1.Tomkins
2.Fusitua - I would still go with Fisiiahi when he's fit but Fusitua is a special talent
3.Hurrell
4.Laumape
5.Vatuvei
6.Townsend
7.Johnson

8.Rapira
9.Henry
10.Matagi
11.Mateo - Absorb the early exchanges, get physical and let him play big minutes
12.Mannering
13.Ikahihifo - Seb's been on fire this season, he has become our new enforcer

14.Havili
15.Bukuya - Time to see if he's better as an impact player off the bench, hasn't shown the dominance as a starter
16.Lillyman
17.Tui Lolohea - Time to introduce another little hobbit, electric player with huge x factor could really punish tiring defenses if he's given a free licence to play his natural game, deceptively strong little fella

Mannering ,Ikahihifo will cover prop with Lillyman, Henry to tighten up that middle defense, Henry wasn't overawed by test footy and is a strong defender as he showed against the Kangaroos, Friend will play no doubt but I'd go with Henry.

Tomkins needs to get the little errors out of his game because they are costly mistakes that put us on the back foot and change the momentum of games, we need him to be far more accurate then what he's produced of late we know he's got it in him because he sets high standards, let's go Sam we got your back bro.

Reactions: Sup42
17.Tui Lolohea - Time to introduce another little hobbit, electric player with huge x factor could really punish tiring defenses if he's given a free licence to play his natural game, deceptively strong little fella
What position would you have Lolohea come on and play ? who makes way do u recon to give Lolohea a go.

What position would you have Lolohea come on and play ? who makes way do u recon to give Lolohea a go.

I think giving him a roving commission like down in Dunedin would suit him well.

Depending on game circumstances maybe move Tomkins up in the line at times and utilize Lolohea the same way the Eels used Sandow at fullback, I thought that was a master stroke, he toyed with the Bulldogs and I can see Lolohea carving up in similar fashion

Reactions: Sup42

Jordan G

I don't think Lolohea and Havilli on the bench is a smart play, especially with Lillyman backing up.

I believe we'll see Henry come in for Matulino and Gubb named as 18th man encase Lillyman doesn't pull through Origin.

Not entirely comfortable with the lack of size or genuine propping options in that team, but I couldn't blame Cappy for going that way as our options are limited a bit.

^^Pretty much that's what will happen Henry for Mutts, Gubb or Faitala Mariner in contention for a bench spot

I don't have an issue with a small bench though, forwards are playing longer minutes and the game is opening up for the little blokes like Dylan Walker,Sandow , Soward etc.. Havili and Lolohea are small in stature but big in on field skill and that's all that counts in selection criteria for me

^^Pretty much that's what will happen Henry for Mutts, Gubb or Faitala Mariner in contention for a bench spot

I don't have an issue with a small bench though, forwards are playing longer minutes and the game is opening up for the little blokes like Dylan Walker,Sandow , Soward etc.. Havili and Lolohea are small in stature but big in on field skill and that's all that counts in selection criteria for me

I would't call Havili small, he is quite nuggety

Reactions: mode81 and Hitman82

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This is the team as Ive been told:

1 SAM TOMKINS
2 DAVID FUSITUA
3 KONRAD HURRELL
4 NGANI LAUMAPE
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 CHAD TOWNSEND
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 SAM RAPIRA
11 JAYSON BUKUYA
12 SIMON MANNERING
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO

14 SUAIA MATAGI
15 CHARLIE GUBB
16 FELETI MATEO
17 BEN HENRY

No Siliva Havili this week. Benry to cover hooker and backrow. All going well Bull will pull through uninjured. Be interesting to see how it stacks up with the team list tomorrow...

1 SAM TOMKINS
2 DAVID FUSITUA
3 KONRAD HURRELL
4 NGANI LAUMAPE
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 CHAD TOWNSEND
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 SAM RAPIRA
11 JAYSON BUKUYA
12 SIMON MANNERING
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO

14 SUAIA MATAGI
15 CHARLIE GUBB
16 FELETI MATEO
17 BEN HENRY

No Siliva Havili this week. Benry to cover hooker and backrow. All going well Bull will pull through uninjured. Be interesting to see how it stacks up with the team list tomorrow...

Actually I would be quite happy with that team

1 SAM TOMKINS
2 DAVID FUSITUA
3 KONRAD HURRELL
4 NGANI LAUMAPE
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 CHAD TOWNSEND
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 SAM RAPIRA
11 JAYSON BUKUYA
12 SIMON MANNERING
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO

14 SUAIA MATAGI
15 CHARLIE GUBB
16 FELETI MATEO
17 BEN HENRY

This team should be good enough to beat the Broncos.

This game is on at the same time as the All Blacks vs England's third test. It's in Hamilton.

Who chose for this to be on as the same time as a Test match.

What to do what to do? What to watch what to watch? I'm not a flicker usually.

• Sad
Reactions: Hitman82
The warriors 20th anniversary game against our biggest rival or a dead rubber yawn fest of kick and clap?
Are u farking serious??

I actually enjoyed the Rugby last weekend but yeah for me will watch the Warriors and flick over to the All blacks at half / full time and if the Warriors are getting pumped.

This game is on at the same time as the All Blacks vs England's third test. It's in Hamilton.

Who chose for this to be on as the same time as a Test match.

What to do what to do? What to watch what to watch? I'm not a flicker usually.
No brainer for me - I usually do enjoy the ABs, but haven't watched either match so far. Close to zero interest in them at all, and couldn't even name more than 50% of the squad these days. Not a typical leaguie's anti-rugby thing, but with all the UFC, NRL and AFL on telly, rugby hasn't been getting a look in.

Reactions: Defence
Status
Not open for further replies.