General Pick Your Team Rnd 15 - Titans vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick Your Team Rnd 15 - Titans vs Warriors

390459-titans-v-warriors.jpg

After the Round 14 game against the Sydney Roosters do you want to see any changes for the away game against the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium?

Promotions? Demotions? Any new injury concerns? Any returning players?

Tuimoala Lolohea back to the bench? Jonathan Wright deserve a go or has Ken Maumalo done enough?

Discuss...

We're bung. Tomkins is injured and Lolohea is too casual to be fullback. Maumalo can retain the number 2 and i liked what Konnie was able to bring to the game when given opportunity.

I am stuck. I just don't think we have anyone. Did Fusitu'a survive NSWCup? Where has our depth gone? It's going to be really hard getting up for next week's match. I can see us going on a five match slide to a new coach.

1. Tomkins
2. Maumalo
3. Hurrell
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Vete
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Faitala Mariner
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Havili
15. Lisone
16. Lillyman
17. Thompson

Maumalo has been impressive in a shit side. Wright has to go. Period. Thompson to come off the bench and have reduced minutes and Havili to come back to allow Friend to have a breather. Lolohea needs some time in reserve grade.
Also, I have Lillyman coming off the bench just to balance the experience with the young front frowers. Instead of putting both Vete and Lisone on at the same time, they can have either Matulino or Lillyman to partner with... Just an idea.

You would pick Wright over Maumalo?

Yeah, he's been quite solid in his first few games which is a credit to him, but he isn't really offering us much more than another battering ram...i would prefer he head back to reserves and keep building, he should draw plenty of confidence from his stint in grade which may bring out more flair in his game versus a lower level of player.

Wrights fuck up aside, he was doing a pretty fair job at fullback until that point, and is a pretty capable winger with a decent skill set.

Yeah, he's been quite solid in his first few games which is a credit to him, but he isn't really offering us much more than another battering ram...i would prefer he head back to reserves and keep building, he should draw plenty of confidence from his stint in grade which may bring out more flair in his game versus a lower level of player.

Wrights fuck up aside, he was doing a pretty fair job at fullback until that point, and is a pretty capable winger with a decent skill set.

Fair enough. I reckon Maumalo offers some safety under the highball too. To me, Jono Wright offers nothing. He runs the ball back like a pussy and seems like he's lost all the time. But I suppose he was going alright at wing for half a game or two..

Ahh yes, you know the prejudice against big fast blockbusting wingers who put their bodies on the line runs deep when the Warriors & Kiwis top try scorer is consistently relegated to the last bench spot, along with dropping Maumalo for Wright, who is usually a safe option, but also offers about as much impact as a soggy tampon

I am beginning to strongly suspect that certain members of this forum may have quite possibly been steamrolled once, if not repeatedly, by a Vatuvei, Maumalo type player & consequently suffer from perpetual frantic nightmares about the incident, that have unfortunately rendered them utterly delusional :p

1. Tomkins
2. Maumalo
3. Kata
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11.Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering (C)

14. Lolohea
15. Lisone
16. Vete
17. Rapira / Lousi

Gotta say ... this team has really missed Leuluai imo

Last edited:
The players we have are the players we have...yes we have lot of injures and using a lot of rookies but so are most other teams. IMO we'd have won a few more games this year if we get our interchange right....the way we've used peyroux, seb, havili, wright is appalling...I mean, Wright on the bench? WTF is the coach thinking...if friend didnt get injured, we wouldnt have used Wright, finished with a weak last 20mins from friend and tired forwards....all cause the coach wants to be a smartass. Apart from the 2 props, carry a forward to give your backrowers a breather, carry a backup hooker cause your 9 needs a break...where the fuck is the rocket science here?

Havili's fitness is shit...he can only last 10mins....Why the fuck would you start with him when the opposition forwards are charging at him at 100miles an hour..hes gassed in 5mins. get him to come in at 30mins when the opposition is a bit tired...after 10mins he gets 15mins break...and can come back to give you another 10mins....in the mean time friend has had 30mins break...he will comeback and finish strongly...where the fuck is the rocket science?

have peyroux on bench but wont give thompson a decent break...what kind of a retarded plan is that?

If Tomkins is still unavailable, it should be straightforward:

Lolohea
Maumalo
Hurrell
Kata
Vatuvei
Chad
Johnson
Lillyman
Friend
Matulino
Hoffman
Thomson
Mannering
Havili
Lisone/Gubb (if Lisone is injured)
Vete
Mariner

But if Tomkins is available I want to see Lolohea in 6. The more we screw around with him the more likely that we destroy his confidence. We've used him everywhere except for his preferred position. Pushing him to interchange bench is ridiculous. He doesnt have the defense or the fitness to play in the middle. And having him in the game for 10mins is the worst possible outcome for him and for the team. Im sure he can link well with Tomkins on the left and add a bit of a spark. So Id have:

Tomkins
Maumalo
Hurrell
Kata
Vatuvei
Lolohea
Johnson
Lillyman
Friend
Matulino
Hoffman
Thomson
Mannering

Townsend
Lisone/Gubb
Vete
Mariner

Reactions: Off The Bench
Sam Tomkins
Ken Maumalo
Konrad Hurrell
David Fusitua
Manu Vatuvei
Chad Townsend
Shaun Johnson
Jacob Lillyman
Nathan Friend
Ben Matulino
Simon Mannering
Ryan Hoffman
Sebastine Ikahihifo

Solomone Kata
Bodene Thompson
Sam Lisone
Albert Vete

I really would rate kata as a sub hooker for friend. He was playing hooker in the u/20's comp not long before centre too. Bodene starting too fatigue on the second half of the season and we saw that through Seb last year too. Those 80min stints are at times getting the best of him. Putting seb there cause he was beast last night IMO. 16 Runs (138m) 18 Tackles 2 offloads 2 line breaks and 1 penalty.

Sam Tomkins
Ken Maumalo
Konrad Hurrell
David Fusitua
Manu Vatuvei
Chad Townsend
Shaun Johnson
Jacob Lillyman
Nathan Friend
Ben Matulino
Simon Mannering
Ryan Hoffman
Sebastine Ikahihifo

Solomone Kata
Bodene Thompson
Sam Lisone
Albert Vete

I really would rate kata as a sub hooker for friend. He was playing hooker in the u/20's comp not long before centre too. Bodene starting too fatigue on the second half of the season and we saw that through Seb last year too. Those 80min stints are at times getting the best of him. Putting seb there cause he was beast last night IMO. 16 Runs (138m) 18 Tackles 2 offloads 2 line breaks and 1 penalty.

I was in the Kata to hooker/utility role as well, but i think he's turning into a very good center, better than i thought he would be...his game would quickly go to another level again with a winger like Nightingale outside him and Hoffman inside....thats the type of edge that wins premierships.

Reactions: Off The Bench
Surprised so many are leaving seb out- he was one of our best last night.

How long do we keep developing chad for another clubs benefit?
I would be tempted to use him as a utility.
If the clubs sees Tui playing 6 in the future it may be time to slip him into the hot seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.