General Pick Your Team Rnd 14 - Warriors vs Roosters

Assuming Konrad Hurrell was match fit and 100% who would you drop to accommodate him?

• Sam Tomkins

• Jonathan Wright

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Solomone Kata

• Manu Vatuvei

• Konnie to bench

• Konnie to Reserve Grade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would leave Havili on for the Warriors customary last 15 minutes of the half meltdown...i think we should have him start the game, give him a good three or four minutes until he's exhausted, then drag him off.

We should be able to get another solid three minutes after halftime which would leave him absolutely spent... that would i think be the most effective way to use him.

So you don't like the 80 minute suggestion some so called league journo thought up?

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Pretty Tough team to pick this week, there's a few that don't deserve to be there but there's not alot to replace them.
Tomkins will probably come back in but he didn't look great against the Knights-are we gonna get that again coming back from injury?or are we gonna get the glue that hold our backline together?
Hurrell probably back-hasn't looked great when coming back this year but could potentially be up for a big 1.
Havili looked ok for 10 mins but the games 80 mins long so can't have him, Friend isn't the answer either.
Who misses out of kata/wright/lolohea? None deserve to be dropped over the others .
Maumalo looked to be on the up does he go back to reserves? (Probably)

Jordan G

Havilli isn't capable of playing 40 minutes straight, let alone 80.

Friend is capable of playing 80, but he's somewhat more effective in shorter stints. Losing TL has left us very light on options.

That would leave Havili on for the Warriors customary last 15 minutes of the half meltdown...i think we should have him start the game, give him a good three or four minutes until he's exhausted, then drag him off.

We should be able to get another solid three minutes after halftime which would leave him absolutely spent... that would i think be the most effective way to use him.
This wouldn't be so funny, if it wasn't true....does Havili have some medical condition we do not know about? And is this the same bloke selected for the Kiwis last year! I think if he played with the kids at half time he'd ask to be subbed!

He needs to come on 10 minutes before halftime, have a break and then have the 10 minutes after halftime...

Maybe we should get him a segway so that he can scoot over to the ruck quicker...

Laughing at them is all I've got left...

Hey thanks for reading my story. I'm not suggesting he plays 80 minutes this week (or for a while) - he's clearly not capable of that right now.
The piece is about the wasted interchange. If Havili is going to pay short stints I'd rather see it against a fatigued opposition so I'd start Friend and bring Siliva off the bench.
I thought Havili looked great in last year's test and I'd like to see him get a decent crack at first grade with Thomas out for the year and not dumped with the first off performance.
In terms of an 80 minute hooker - the club could do with that given how their pack is playing at present and the need to find Lolohea a spot when Tompkins and Hurrell are back. Friend can do it but he won't offer much in attack like Havili could but Siliva seems a fair way off that at the moment. Will be interesting to see what Cappy does when the team is released later today.

the club could do with that given how their pack is playing at present and the need to find Lolohea a spot when Tompkins and Hurrell are back.
Not trying to bring you down, but if you have aspirations to become a league journo, you're gonna have to learn to spell names correctly (I apologise if I sound like a DICK, but Tompkins has always pissed me off).

Otherwise, great piece man. Havili should definitely be used as impact off the bench. I was disappointed with his fitness this past week, being a huge advocate of his the week prior, but his skill set for the role overshadows that of Friend. Friend is the better option in terms of fitness and defense, but again we get hampered by poor dummy-half passing as the game progresses. That's where Havili is crisp. Why couldn't we just merge both players together and get a super hooker? oh yeah. That's Issac Luke, the man who carved us up last weekend but is thankfully coming to our shores next year.

Friend needs to start now. Havili to take advantage of tiring forwards at the latter end of the 1st half. Start the 2nd half and have Friend finish the game with his defense during the period where we tend to cave in.

Reactions: davewjnz
I was a fan of Havilli in the u20's but he's turned to mud!! No player should be picked for 1st grade if you can only last 13 mins for the 2nd week in a row especially in such a crucial position as Hooker. He's has had plenty of time to get his shit together & when he finally gets his shot he isn't even near fit enough. We should have turfed this guy away by now if he hasn't put in the hard work to get fit pick someone else who is. A lot of time & effort has been invested in him by the club & a few other hookers we should have kept were moved on as Havilli was being groomed for 1st grade. Also what happened to the supposed high standards that Cappy was meant to be setting when he first came in as head coach? These are obviously slipping now when he picks lazy guys like Havilli

I think people are hanging on to a solid game Havilii had last year with the Kiwis.. (remember he shared the role with Ben Henry who I'm pretty sure played more minutes). He's been in the senior squad for a long time now, and I've never seen a performance in the NSW cup that suggests he is an NRL hooker.

Alahana Mara MK II currently. God I hope he proves me wrong..

Reactions: tajhay
Just watched Cappys press conference on periscope. Tomkins should be good to go. They will see how he is tomorrow but trained fine today. Kata sat out today's training - not feeling well.

I was a fan of Havilli in the u20's but he's turned to mud!! No player should be picked for 1st grade if you can only last 13 mins for the 2nd week in a row especially in such a crucial position as Hooker. He's has had plenty of time to get his shit together & when he finally gets his shot he isn't even near fit enough. We should have turfed this guy away by now if he hasn't put in the hard work to get fit pick someone else who is. A lot of time & effort has been invested in him by the club & a few other hookers we should have kept were moved on as Havilli was being groomed for 1st grade. Also what happened to the supposed high standards that Cappy was meant to be setting when he first came in as head coach? These are obviously slipping now when he picks lazy guys like Havilli

Not sure if you guys noticed but look at the replay of the game when Shaun Johnson catches GI and look for Seb when the camera is on him. The guy can barely stand up let alone run. Another one clearly not physically fit for first grade.

Havilli needs to be left right out.
He's not first grade. He's a passenger full ' potential' but walks round the field chewing gum without a care in the world. He ambles into dummy half, rips a pass, stands still admiring his work, then slowly ambles over to the next ruck and does the same thing again. He has zero energy or ability to lift the team. He should be fighting like a terrier for his place but looks like he just can't be fucked.
I can't be fucked with him.
I'd rather have Peyroux sub Friend and I think Peyroux should be kept up 100 miles away from first grade.
Or leave us with an 80 minute Friend. The devil you know is better than Havilli at the moment.
I'm a massive Tui fan but no way in hell should he be playing this week. He needs a break and needs to play reserves so he can get more involved and get his confidence and freedom back.
Lousi and Rapira are injured still so we're stuck with our rookie props and Seb who are struggling to up their work rate and take it to the next level.

Our forwards are looking likely to be piss weak this round. We are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Talk of Matagi being let go being short sighted is absolute bullshit. He was doing nothing here and nobody wanted him anyway.

Its going to take real character to get over this Roosters pack this week. Our best bet is to simply hang in there and hope Manu and Konnie will come do some defending in the middle to give the rookies a break.

I can't help but laugh when people say "physically fit for first grade" lol
How can you be physically fit for first grade if you've played NSW cup all season.

Siliva is going to be better for the run, he's only played 2 games of first grade. He's shown bursts of brilliance but its time in first grade that will develop his fitness not road running for 2 hours in the streets of otara

Status
Not open for further replies.