General Pick Your Team Rnd 14 - Warriors vs Roosters

Assuming Konrad Hurrell was match fit and 100% who would you drop to accommodate him?

• Sam Tomkins

• Jonathan Wright

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Solomone Kata

• Manu Vatuvei

• Konnie to bench

• Konnie to Reserve Grade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick Your Team Rnd 14 - Warriors vs Roosters

Konrad+Hurrell+NRL+Rd+2+Warriors+v+Roosters+nzXMaO6BnErl.jpg

After the Round 13 game in Perth do you want to see any changes for the home game against the Roosters?

Promotions? Demotions? Any new injury concerns? Any returning players?

Will Konrad Hurrell make his way into the team? In who's place? Stick with the same team?

Discuss...

Hurrell has to go to reserve grade, when was his last good game?

Tomkins fullback, Loloheia to centre, Kata stays at the other centre, Maumalo keeps his wing spot.

Loloheia and Kata may have been shit tonight but at least they are match fit.

1. Tomkins
2. Lolohea
3. Kata
4. Konnie
5. Manu
6. Chad
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Friend
10. Lisone
11. Bodene
12. Hoff
13. Mannering

14. Havili
15. Mutts
16. Vete
17. Lousi

I know Havili looked short of fitness out there (how can he be so unfit??) but would it be different if he came on for a spell off the bench, he would come up against more fatigued players but the problem is even getting 20 min stints out of him, I'm just not too keen on Friend for 80 mins.

I think we have enough forward cover in Vete, Mutts and Lousi because all our starting back rowers can play 80 mins although it is a risk if one of them gets injured which has happened in recent weeks with both Mannering and Hoff. Mutts to the bench purely because I'd feel better having one of him or Lillyman on at all times.

Konnie comes in for Wright and the rest of the team picks itself imo despite the poor showing tonight there aren't many better options to be fair. Maumalo was good tonight though so perhaps they could look at him on the wing Lolohea as bench utility? Food for thought.

Need to be much better next week, unbelievable how poor our error rate still is.
Hoff and Lillyman will be in origin camp.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Would not be upset if Wright is in the team but it is time to shake up and play without our hand brakes. No Hoffman and Lillyman due to Origin, if they are available then they are obviously playing.

Tomkins (Fusitu'a)
Lolohea
Hurrell
Fusitu'a (Kata)
Vatuvei
Townsend
Johnson
Lisone
Kata
Matulino
Thompson
Faitala-Mariner
Mannering (c)

Pewhairangi
Gubb
Lisone
Vete

Lousi

Like to see Bhana get an opportunity.
Tackle machine, could learn from Mannering.
When Mannering is off the pitch we are shyte, no one to clean up.
Bhana could be that player.

How can you not keep Maumalo in there he was great for a young guy might have taken over wright.
Lisone & Vete had the quitest game. Vete need to have better linespeed and overall workrate on defense.

1. Tomkins
2. Maumalo
3. Lolohea
4. Kata
5. Manu
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Matulino
9. Havili
10. Ikahihifo
11. Thompson
12. RFM
13.Mannering

14. Friend
15. Hurrell
16. Lisone
17. Vete

Jordan G

I have no idea who's even available. What's the status on Fish, Fusitua, Rapira, Lousi, Tomkins?

Assuming the worst case and all those guys are unavailable plus the usual suspects (Henry, TL, Laumape) I'll go with...

1. Lolohea
2. Wright
3. Hurrell
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Chad
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Matulino
9. Havilli
10. Vete
11. Mannering
12. Thompson
13. Lisone

14. Friend
15. Maumalo - Not a winger, a short stint at second row would be good to see.
16. NFI - I guess Gubb
17. NFI - I guess Ikahihifo or RFM or Peyroux

Hopefully it's not the worst case because we're looking thin across the park and the bench options are ugh.

Anyone who can grab and hold a player in the tackle, and form a line with his brothers facing the oppositions try line... Just for something different..

Basically I'm happy to select anyone who can actually play footy...

Im thinking Tomkins will be out for a little bit longer:

1. Lolohea
2. Wright
3. Hurrell
4. Kata
5. Manu
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Vete
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Lisone
13. Mannering

Bench
Havilli
Rapira
Lousi
Peteru

Geez would of been handy to have Matagi :(

Reactions: Off The Bench
Assuming they are all fit.

1. Tomkins
2. Tuui
3. Kata
4. Hurrell
5. Butterfingers
6. Chad
7. Brass slipper
8. Vete
9. Friend
10 Matulino
11 Thompson
12 Lillyman (assuming he doesn't get picked Papalli went really well yesterday)
13.Mannering

Bench: Lisone, Rapira, Lousi and ? got nothing else. :-( Havilis had his chance and Seb not good enough

I've lost the will to pick.....................................:wideyed:

Reactions: Tyrael

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Konrad Hurrell expected to come straight back into Warriors side for Roosters game
DAVID LONG
Last updated 05:00, June 7 2015

1433557184753.jpg

Konrad Hurrell is likely to come straight back into the Warriors side at the expense of Tuimoala Lolohea once he's completed his suspension.

Hurrell was give a three-match ban for lifting his knee and collecting Anthony Tupou in the face in the game against the Sharks on May 9.

The clash left Tupou with a broken jaw which required 16 screws and four metal plates to rewire and he may not play again this season.

Hurrell hoped to personally apologise to Tupou in Sydney but, although he travelled to Australia with the Warriors for their game against the Eels a week later, the pair didn't meet.

Last week Tupou spoke about what happened for the first time but, when asked if he had any hard feelings towards Hurrell over the hit, Tupou said: "I don't want to talk about that."

But Hurrell served his penance and worked on his running technique while sidelined and is available for selection for Saturday's glamour fixture against the Roosters at Mt Smart Stadium.

Despite Hurrell's patchy form this year, which resulted in him being dropped for the round eight game against the Titans, he looks set to come straight into the side at centre, even though Lolohea is having a breakthrough season.

"Tui is doing a good job at the moment but he might have to work his way back into first grade," Warriors coach Andrew McFadden said.

"With Konrad and the type of athlete he is, he's got other attributes and he's probably got to be there somewhere, but we'll have to wait and see."

The other centre spot has been Solomone Kata's all season. At the beginning of the campaign Kata was regarded as a fringe player, but he has impressed McFadden with his ball-running, defence and work ethic.

"No-one is ever locked in and especially young guys and sometimes you wait for them to have a dip in performance," McFadden said.

'But one of his attributes is that he's a very confident person and pretty tough as well and that's allowing him to stay in first grade.

"His job is safe for the moment because of how well he's playing."

Although Lolohea has been used as a utility player this year, it's unlikely to earn him a place on the interchange bench against the Roosters. McFadden could drop Siliva Havili but that would mean 34-year-old hooker Nathan Friend playing 80 minutes.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...ght-back-into-warriors-side-for-roosters-game

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
After last nights game i want to know how the Bunnies are so successful in purchasing the ref love. Cause thats what we need in spades for this game. Against another team that is expected to beat the warriors, having the refs predetermined reactions on your side will mean the difference between winning and losing.

The team that played last night has to be the go. Hurrell replaces Seb and then Honestly who else do they have....

After last nights game i want to know how the Bunnies are so successful in purchasing the ref love. Cause thats what we need in spades for this game. Against another team that is expected to beat the warriors, having the refs predetermined reactions on your side will mean the difference between winning and losing.

The team that played last night has to be the go. Hurrell replaces Seb and then Honestly who else do they have....
Tomkins if he is going to play again this season, replacing Loloheia at fullback. I'd like to see Loloheia get the bench spot and Havilli dropped.

1. Tomkins
2. Maumalo
3. Hurrell (Sounds like hes in no matter what)
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Vete
9. Friend
10 Matulino
11 Thompson
12 Mannering
13.Lisone (Allows him to play both sides on attack)

14. Lillyman (probably wont get much game time in SOO, so should be good to go)
15. Gubb
16. Ikihihifo (utility forward, they should rest Hoffman)
17. Loloheia (to cover Tomkins and Hurrell)

Warriors really need another experienced prop next year and a quality centre (Kata and Hurrell both seem very flaky defencively)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.