General Pick Your Team Rnd 13 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Pick Your Team Rnd 13 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors

600rabbitohs v warriors logo primary

After the Round 12 game do you want to see any changes for the difficult away game in Perth?

Promotions? Demotions? Any new injury concerns? Any returning players?

Is it fair for us to go all the way to Perth?

Discuss...

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Perth's not that bad - I used to fly there a lot with work - it's a direct flight.

It's the time difference that kills you, especially in summer.

Reactions: 1 user
K1W1 WARR1OR

K1W1 WARR1OR

Perth is a massive trip for the Warriors and we already do the most travel in the comp if everyone has came through unscathed we should go the same lineup maybe change Seb to rapira if he's good to go also the time difference is huge from NZ to WA so at least the nrl have the game starting earlier so it's not finishing at 1:30 NZ time like last year

Diesel

Diesel

Time difference is a ploy Souths uses against the Warriors. It's 4 hours difference. They have 14 other teams to choose to face in WA and it's no coincidence it's a NZ based side.

What day are they leaving?

Reactions: 2 users

Marshthedarsh

At least it's a 7:30pm game this time not an 11:30pm one.

We don't beat the Rabbits, we don't win in Perth. Rabbits haven't been convincing of late, but we've been worse. Gonna be tough to win.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Same team. No need to make changes IMO.

mrblonde

mrblonde

We should leave Tuesday - team naming day - after all the media stuff's been done. Or you leave the media stuff until Perth, is my inclination.

I'd name a 7-8 man bench and take the extra players. That dependant on there being that extra 3-4 players available from the NRL squad or NSW Cup squad. I'd name the same 14 - Tomkins will surely get better, Havili will too (not that I thought he was bad today) - with the same roles, except once again I refer the forum to my previous misgivings about Mr Johnson's goalkicking and the deletorious effect aforesaid goalkicking may yet have on our Top 8 aspirations....

Leaving early gives the team the best opportunity to get their body clocks right - or as right as they're going to get. The "gold standard" would be getting them as in sync as the Rabbitohs (2 hour difference) will be.

If Inglis is out for a while - or at least one week - that makes things easier, too.

jonno

jonno

Next home game we get against the bunnies needs to be a night game in Christchurch at a nice balmy 4 degrees... Freeze those rusty a holes...

This is really turning into a grudge match...:hungry:

Reactions: 4 users
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

1. Tomkins
2. Tui
3. Konnie
4. Kata
5. Manu
6. Chad
7. Magic
8. Bull
9. Havili
10. Mutts
11. Bo
12. Hoff
13. Cap'n Mannering

14. Friend
15. Lisone
16. Vete
17. Lousi

Tedster

Tedster

Only change i would make is Rapira/Lousi for Ikahifo. If they both still unavailable then um...................
:oops:

Reactions: 2 users

Danpatmac

1. Tomkins
  2. Wright
  3. Lolohea
  4. Wright
  5. Vatuvei
  6. Townsend
  7. Johnson
  8. Lillyman
  9. Havili
  10. Vete
  11. Thompson
  12. Hoffman
  13. Mannering
  14. Friend
  15. Matulino
  16. Lisone
  17. Lousi
Cant afford to have matulino and lillyman off at the same time

• Haha
Weno

Weno

Would like to see Nathaniel Peteru get a crack ahead of Seb.
He was strong in the NSWarriors side.
Plus he is a body that is close to the size of the Burgess brothers.
So thank full we have the two rookie props.
When we are about to flat line, they come on and lift the intensity again.
Read one of our Warriors saying maybe they should be on at separate times.
Could be a good thing.

Richie

Richie

Only 1 home game out of our last 4, then we're packed off to Perth (so 1 out of 5, 6 wks if you count the bye). Is this 'fair'? Hell no. But then what's new. I know we get some back-to-back home games (even a 3-peat) later in the season, but it's still a rough deal for a team that has to repeatedly travel as far as we do. That being said, we won our last 2 aways (and almost beat the Cows in Nth Qld), so fu NRL scheduling mofos! :finger:

On the team to play the Bunnies, like most, I think we stick solid except for Seb, who really did look out of place. Lousi gets the bench spot if he's fit, Rapira if not. Havili and Tomkins should (fingers crossed Tomkins's leg is just a niggle) be better for the run. If Tomkins is out, Tui goes back to 1 and Maumolo comes into center

This game's a real 50/50. Like us, the Rabbitohs haven't been lighting the world on fire, but like us they're doing enough to get wins and stay afloat on the ladder. Luke's already signed with us... let's hope he doesn't destroy us just to illustrate what a good acquisition he is.

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Same team, swap Seb for Lousi.

Hopefully Tomkins is in better nick next weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.