General Pick Your Team Rnd 10 - Eels vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manu probably out and Hurrell too so Fusitua and Maulaloo (probably got that name wrong sorry) to replace. Would like to Havili or anyone else that could play hooker apart from friend. ;) Just out of curiousity the rumours are Tomkins out for another four weeks - has anyone actually seen him around, is he still in Auckland or is he recovering in the land of dreariness (the north of england)...................... Since his injury and announcement he was going haven't heard anything, maybe he unhappy as we all so excited Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacing him.......................:p

Just looking at most peoples list the starting 13 is a bit of a bandage job which is what we have to deal with because of injuries and suspensions, but what concerns me is the bench. There is no experience there the moment you take out Friend.

Sure Lisone and Vete played well, but can they keep backing that up? We complain about Kata making dumb mistakes, well I'm sure Lisone and Vete might have a few in them before they become a bit more experienced.

Friend has to be there, just for experience and he can cover Lock if need be. That's why I think Peyroux has to be there too if he isn't a starting centre.

1. Tomkins (Please be back braada!)
2. Wright (a.k.a do no wrong)
3. Lolohea
4. Kata
5. Fusitua
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Lisone
9. Leuluai
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering (c)

14. Havili'i
15. Peyroux
16. Lillyman
17. Vete

(Team based on Hurrell and Vatuvei being ruled out)

Wright and Lolo had a decent cohesion as a wing/center pairing earlier this season. Both players have improved their form, so hopefully that will only mean good things. For mine, Kata is sound defensively so would be a better inside cover than Hurrell was for Fusitua. Just hope Fusitua shows more commitment on defense this time around.

With Tomkins (hopefully) back, his link play could lay a platform for our outside backs if they are dialed in. Especially with Shaun Johnson back to form and taking on more of a roaming role, opens up more potent options on attack.

Defense will win the game so here's hoping the boys can continue their momentum from last night. I'd start Lisone as I see Lillyman more as an impact prop. Give Havalii as shot as Friend's impact from the bench has been minimal the past couple of weeks. Keep Peyroux for utility value with Fusitua and Tomkins fresh from injury. Vete keeps his spot on the bench because he deserves it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
if 'he raised his knee' is going to be the grounds for suspension then the response should be

'try running without raising a knee'

By that logic, it shouldn't have been a penalty then.

I don't know the rules well enough, but I think the banhammer will be swung

Reactions: Hitman82
I really hope Tomkins is back if Manu and Hurrell are out. We are having zero luck with injuries to our backline.

1. Tomkins
2. Wright
1. Tomkins (Plase be back braada!)
2. Wright (a.k.a do no wrong)
3. Lolohea
4. Kata
5. Fusitua
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Lisone
9. Leuluai
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering (c)

14. Havili'i
15. Peyroux
16. Lillyman
17. Vete

Wright and Lolo had a decent cohesion as a wing/center pairing earlier this season. Both players have improved their form, so hopefully that will only man good things. For mine, Kata is sound defensively so would be a better inside cover than Hurrell was for Fusitua. Just hope Fusitua shows more commitment on defense this time around.

With Tomkins (hopefully) back, his link play could lay a platform for our outside backs if they are dialed in. Especially with Shaun Johnson back to form and taking on more of a roaming role, opens up more potent options on attack.

Defense will win the game so here's hoping the boys can continue their momentum from last night. I'd start Lisone as I see Lillyman more as an impact prop. Give Havalii as shot as Friend's impact from the bench has been minimal the past couple of weeks. Keep Peyroux for utility value with Fusitua and Tomkins fresh from injury. Vete keeps his spot on the bench because he deserves it.

Good team, I think I would roll with the same. Might look at Seb or Lousi for Peyroux but I like DP's versatility too.

Tomkins (Lolohea)
Wright
Lolohea (Fusitua)
Kata
Fusitua (Maumalo)
Townsend
Shaun Johnson
Lilyman
Leuluai
Matulino
Hoffman
Thompson
Mannering

Peyroux
Vete
Lisone
Rapira (Matagi)

If Tomkins even looks like he's ready he's a must (screw the bye, we're looking thin on experience)
Peyroux on the bench as center cover
Question with that is can TL play for 80 minutes?

A good time to take on Parramatta having lost their last two home games where they were feeling invincible.

I think Hurrell;s incident was an accident, but I'll expect him to miss a game.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...klemmer-lifting-knee-against-sydney-roosters/

Klemmer was put on report for that but nothing further.

Suddenly with Laumape out we're looking a bit thin in the backs... Where's Nielsen when you need him? ;) Probably bring Peyroux and David in.

"Meanwhile, fullback Sam Tomkins could return for the Warriors' 10th round away game against Parramatta on May 16. He has been in the stands after partially tearing the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the third-round clash against the Eels at Mt Smart Stadium."

I'm hoping...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I think Hurrell;s incident was an accident, but I'll expect him to miss a game.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...klemmer-lifting-knee-against-sydney-roosters/

Klemmer was put on report for that but nothing further.

Suddenly with Laumape out we're looking a bit thin in the backs... Where's Nielsen when you need him? ;) Probably bring Peyroux and David in.

"Meanwhile, fullback Sam Tomkins could return for the Warriors' 10th round away game against Parramatta on May 16. He has been in the stands after partially tearing the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the third-round clash against the Eels at Mt Smart Stadium."

I'm hoping...
What will count heavily against Konrad Hurrell is the resulting injury. Accident or not. Just hope they dont throw the book at him...

Status
Not open for further replies.