10.Lodge
11.Aitken
12.Curran
13.Tevaga

14.Nikorima
15.Katoa
16.Afoa.
17. Masila/Sironen

I think Tevaga works better at lock, give Curran sometime on the edge to work with shaun.

Nikorima gives you more cover than otukolo at this stage, i would prefer otukolo but kodi makes sense atm.

Berry stays out, he needs time to develop.

If masila is out then put sironen in, that would nullify kodis position which i would put otukolo back in.

Will see what line up is put up on Tuesday then go from there

Reactions: 1 users

sydneywarrior92

we need to win this one because we won't win the two after that. Could be 2-5 if we fuck this one up.

Wrighty

Wrighty

I really hope Brown "Doesn't change a winning team".

Pompey at centre and even Kosi should stay. Rocco Berry needs some time in reserves and should come back when an injury happens,
Our first choice centres should be Pompey and Arthars.
I really hope Brown makes this call and resists suggestions to bring Rocco back.
Some vindication this week for Aitken at second row. Aitken scrambled well.

Reactions: 4 users
Defence

Defence

I’m a strong believer in never changing a winning team so same lineup where possible.
Jazz likely suspended and bbm injured so in come sirro and murchie.

Miket12

Miket12

Some of the noise coming out from Sydney is that Jazz will be suspended for at least three weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
wizards rage

wizards rage

Some of the noise coming out from Sydney is that Jazz will be suspended for at least three weeks.
I thought he hit the hip/ thigh and dropped down.

Also thought it wasn’t hit with much force but obviously there is an injury.

Suspensions are a lottery with the Warriors always hit harder than others…

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Warriors lock Jazz Tevaga is also facing a two-match ban for his Dangerous Contact on Patrick Carrigan that left the Broncos skipper with a knee injury.

Will be 3 games if does ‘t take the early plea and found guilty

Last edited:
wizards rage

wizards rage

Pompey at centre and even Kosi should stay. Rocco Berry needs some time in reserves and should come back when an injury happens,
Our first choice centres should be Pompey and Arthars.
I really hope Brown makes this call and resists suggestions to bring Rocco back.
It will be interesting which way Brown goes. If he retains Pompey and Arthars it’s highlights poor centres selections in round 1.

Berry has potential but he’s still physically under developed (as well as lacking experience) and should be building up in reserves. His physical conditioning is still not quite up for NRL standard. Vailea I see as a Kosi type player with all the physical attributes already and just needing experience - I actually see him as physically more ready and may peak earlier, even if Berry becomes the better player long term.

Similarly we started the season trying to run before we could walk playing dazzle dazzle ‘positive’ footy. Now after going back to basics, we play our best game and Brown correctly says it’s the platform to build off. Why didn’t we start basic 3 weeks earlier and introduce the flash stuff after we had combinations and confidence built up?

I feel our selections and game plans may have lost us a big opportunity with a favourable draw.

Wrighty

Wrighty

It will be interesting which way Brown goes. If he retains Pompey and Arthars it’s highlights poor centres selections in round 1.

Berry has potential but he’s still physically under developed (as well as lacking experience) and should be building up in reserves. His physical conditioning is still not quite up for NRL standard. Vailea I see as a Kosi type player with all the physical attributes already and just needing experience - I actually see him as physically more ready and may peak earlier, even if Berry becomes the better player long term.

Similarly we started the season trying to run before we could walk playing dazzle dazzle ‘positive’ footy. Now after going back to basics, we play our best game and Brown correctly says it’s the platform to build off. Why didn’t we start basic 3 weeks earlier and introduce the flash stuff after we had combinations and confidence built up?

I feel our selections and game plans may have lost us a big opportunity with a favourable draw.
Had Arthurs and Pompey started game one we would have won it.
I hope that pride doesn't kick in with the selection policy and that we move on to Pompey and Arthars being our first choice centres for this year.

Don't change a winning team.

Pene comes back for Jazx.

I like the team that Jonesy 101 posted very much.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Warriors lock Jazz Tevaga is also facing a two-match ban for his Dangerous Contact on Patrick Carrigan that left the Broncos skipper with a knee injury.

Will be 3 games if does ‘t take the early plea and found guilty
Initial point of contact was on the thigh before sliding down. I don’t think it’s a grade 3 - he didn’t hit him stationary (he still had momentum), with force (more hanging with his body weight) or below the knees in a typical cannon ball. It was play on until the tackled player remained down injured.

That’s Jazz at the bottom hitting the thigh in the initial point of contact:

1617C33A 83E7 4C81 B28D F8712DD32194

Still, would we contest it with the lottery of the judiciary?

Wrighty

Wrighty

Apart from our forum, Montoya must be the most underrated player in the NRL. He has been huge for us the past year or so.

Wrighty

Wrighty

Initial point of contact was on the thigh before sliding down. I don’t think it’s a grade 3 and he didn’t hit him stationary (he still had momentum) or below the knees in a typical cannon ball. It was play on until the tackled player remained down injured.

That’s Jazz at the bottom hitting the thigh in the initial point of contact:

View attachment 46810

Still, would we contest it with the lottery of the judiciary?
Never contest if you are a key player. Only contest if you are DWZ or somebody we can afford losing. We will not win this. Sydney are up in arms about this incident.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Never contest if you are a key player. Only contest if you are DWZ or somebody we can afford losing. We will not win this. Sydney are up in arms about this incident.
Agree it’s not worth contesting but it’s only an issue because the player was injured and the media made a big issue of it.

It was just a nothing tackle that unfortunately a player got an injury.

It’s nowhere near as bad as the Ben Murdoch-Masila hip drop, yet graded the same. Should have been grade 1 and a fine. Just more evidence the judiciary is yet another hurdle the Warriors have to overcome.

Wrighty

Wrighty

Agree it’s not worth contesting but it’s only an issue because the player was injured and the media made a big issue of it.

It was just a nothing tackle that unfortunately a player got an injury.

It’s nowhere near as bad as the Ben Murdoch-Masila hip drop, yet graded the same. Should have been grade 1 and a fine. Just more evidence the judiciary is yet another hurdle the Warriors have to overcome.
I have changed my mind. Here are our next three games

round 5) Cowboys
round 6) Roosters
round 7) Storm

Who cares if he misses the Storm?

Or is that negative thinking

• Love