General Pick Your Team 2022 Rnd 2 - Titans vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_P

May as well list Cameron George and mohawk in the team this week.
Times like these we need a crying emoji in the reaction button 😥

The Falcon

The Falcon

I just can’t get my head around the Titans currently being a better team than us …
The Titans!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Wheels

I just can’t get my head around the Titans currently being a better team than us …
The Titans!
I would have through that until watching both teams play in the weekend. They have some good signings. However with Lodge joining Addin in the front row having Walsh back in the team could help alot. I am hoping like alot of people on this site that Aitken moves to center to strengthen our defense and I am favoring Pompey to start on the wing as he for all his casualness seems to always get over the advantage line. I don't think Brown will drop Kodi just yet and I think Chanel will be a better option than Ash as he did not look like he was completely fit in the trial.

Reactions: 5 users
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Desperately need Walsh back (and that was with S J in the team even more now) last week's back 5 had no strike whatsoever (bit mind boggling a Kiwi side struggling to find dynamic outside backs) let alone how they were getting exposed on D.

Brown's almost obssesion like Aitken to the backrow when we already have a plethora of backrowers and an obvious need to have his experience lock down an edge is hurting the team in the same way as last years putting your best player (RTS) on a wing......for mine Aitken to centre, Curran goes back out on an edge, Jazz to lockdown the middle.

Didnt like what i saw defensively last week. Looks like we're still reading from the Morgan playbook in that regard. Didnt like the ease at times how the Dragons we're able to sweep up field, linespeed looked slow compared to other sides on the weekend, plus i still shit myself when a team camps in our 5, we look so fragile when they go wide, a basic unders play catches us short nearly all the time.

Taylor's the only other half on the books with a kicking game so comes straight in for Shaun Johnson, not overly fussed which one of Kodi or Chanel partners him.....dont rate either of them really.....probably Chanel at least he can tackle and will take the ball right to the line on the wide fours plays.

Titans will be rightfully favourites but they can implode as well as us at times so definitely beatable. At a minimum tho we'll need to cut out the mind numbing own half errors to compete.

1. Walsh
2. Montoya
3. Berry
4. Aitken
5. Pompey/Ratuva
6. Harris Tavita
7. Taylor
8. Fonua Blake
9. Egan
10. Lodge
11. Curran
12. Katoa
13. Tevaga

14. Sironen
15. Pene
16. Afoa
17. Murdoch Masila

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

The Titans!

I watched the Doggies on Sunday night and even they were better than us because while they were terrible they actually learned as they went and cut out the errors and got better during the game

Reactions: 1 user
Paulo24

Paulo24

I would have through that until watching both teams play in the weekend. They have some good signings. However with Lodge joining Addin in the front row having Walsh back in the team could help alot. I am hoping like alot of people on this site that Aitken moves to center to strengthen our defense and I am favoring Pompey to start on the wing as he for all his casualness seems to always get over the advantage line. I don't think Brown will drop Kodi just yet and I think Chanel will be a better option than Ash as he did not look like he was completely fit in the trial.
They want distributors at centre. Aitken is not a good distributor but I believe his leg speed is good not only for hit ups but also defense. I have noticed a strengthening of D on his edge. The coaching staff seem determined to keep him in the second row, so we probably see Pompey or Arthurs in the centre role.

Reactions: 2 users

J_P

Desperately need Walsh back (and that was with S J in the team even more now) last week's back 5 had no strike whatsoever (bit mind boggling a Kiwi side struggling to find dynamic outside backs) let alone how they were getting exposed on D.

Brown's almost obssesion like Aitken to the backrow when we already have a plethora of backrowers and an obvious need to have his experience lock down an edge is hurting the team in the same way as last years putting your best player (RTS) on a wing......for mine Aitken to centre, Curran goes back out on an edge, Jazz to lockdown the middle.

Didnt like what i saw defensively last week. Looks like we're still reading from the Morgan playbook in that regard. Didnt like the ease at times how the Dragons we're able to sweep up field, linespeed looked slow compared to other sides on the weekend, plus i still shit myself when a team camps in our 5, we look so fragile when they go wide, a basic unders play catches us short nearly all the time.

Taylor's the only other half on the books with a kicking game so comes straight in for Shaun Johnson, not overly fussed which one of Kodi or Chanel partners him.....dont rate either of them really.....probably Chanel at least he can tackle and will take the ball right to the line on the wide fours plays.

Titans will be rightfully favourites but they can implode as well as us at times so definitely beatable. At a minimum tho we'll need to cut out the mind numbing own half errors to compete.

1. Walsh
2. Montoya
3. Berry
4. Aitken
5. Pompey/Ratuva
6. Harris Tavita
7. Taylor
8. Fonua Blake
9. Egan
10. Lodge
11. Curran
12. Katoa
13. Tevaga

14. Sironen
15. Pene
16. Afoa
17. Murdoch Masila
Would definitely take Chanel Harris-Tavita over kodi. For one at least he puts in effort and the main thing is him Walsh seem to work well together.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.