Wrighty

Wrighty

2,3,4,5 are our weak spots and our depth is probably worse.

Looking at our players how many would get picked up by the top 4-6 teams?

Maybe Berry on potential ? Montoya as a cheap buy? I would have looked at Murchie for centre but this process would have kicked off in Nov 21.

I’m worried about our backs.

Good analysis agree with all of that

My following post is only loosely connected to yours but was inspired by your thoughts

According to random fans on the Internet who I spent the afternoon watching in their YouTube clips the warriors biggest issue which will lead therm to not making the 8 is the lack of a quality stand off.
Joe random analyst does not rate any of our dudes who we can pair up with Shaun Johnson.
Another random YouTube clip I watched said the game has changed in the last two years and the most important guy in your team for scoring points has become the stand-off.
Any team without both an elite 7 and an elite 6 has no chance at the top six.

We all knew this and know this intuitively as fans. Luke metcslf could have been good enough to get us across the line and we should have offered better players to sharks to entice them into a player swap.
That ship had sailed. He isn’t coming in 2022

Our last remaining card we have up our sleeve to satisfy this new 2020s requirement is to play Reece at 6 this year and someone else eg Chanel Harris-Tavita at fullback.

We did play Reece at 6 in the trial
This could actually be in the mixer of the warriors think tank

I would be in favour of such a move

I think our chances of making the finals would improve by an order of magnitude even in random joe nrl fans minds.

Reactions: 1 users

6Again

The reason why we missed the 8 last year was because of our decision making under pressure: losing all those games by 6 or less were because our halves couldn't close out a game. For that Kodi deserves much. of the blame: he has consistently shown throughout his time here that he cannot lead this team when it matters during crunch time. I hope this is something Brown remembers when he decides the halves: these rumours that Kodi has the lead is truly worrying given last year.
You’d expect it’d be Shaun Johnson calling for the ball and leading in those clutch moments not Kodi or whoever else.

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

2,3,4,5 are our weak spots and our depth is probably worse.

Looking at our players how many would get picked up by the top 4-6 teams?

Maybe Berry on potential ? Montoya as a cheap buy? I would have looked at Murchie for centre but this process would have kicked off in Nov 21.

I’m worried about our backs.
Yep thats the way i see it as well.

We have a strong forward pack, experience and depth in the halves.....but if im an opposition im not losing any sleep coming up against that 3/4 line.

Obviously tho a lot depends on how the likes of Berry and Vailea kick on......still just potential at this stage.

Cces

Cces

The most important guy in your team for scoring points has become the stand-off.
Any team without both an elite 7 and an elite 6 has no chance at the top six.
Drew Hutchinson isn't an elite #6 & neither are Dylan Brown or Kieran Foran (attack wise) yet their sides were top 6. If you've got a #1 with ball skills then your #6 can have a limited skillset as long as they aren't a defensive liability

Reactions: 3 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

Drew Hutchinson isn't an elite #6 & neither are Dylan Brown or Kieran Foran (attack wise) yet their sides were top 6. If you've got a #1 with ball skills then your #6 can have a limited skillset as long as they aren't a defensive liability
Apart from this forum for some reason, most pundits rate Dylan Brown.
Kieran Foran isn't all that far away from the mark. If he was a lesser player then Manly may not have gone on their tear last year. I agree neither are elite. But both are much much better than anything we will be putting up at stand off this year.
I am not contradicting you I am just continuing the discussion with extra view points.

Reactions: 2 users

6Again

Buzz saying George Burgess and Tariq Simms won‘t be named for the weekends game, that surprises me somewhat. Both Tyrell Fuimaono and Josh McGuire are already unavailable through suspension.

They still have plenty of depth in their pack but those four outs brings the two packs together given we’re missing Lodge.

Reactions: 1 user

Tianasnow14

Last edited:

the borg

What do you think about the number of players in our squad ‘learning in first grade’? Conventional wisdom says that’s a bad sign
Tend to agree... but I believe we don't have too much choice..
Gus was hired to establish development systems, but thanks to covid restrictions he moved on..
The salary cap is a limited amount ... and recruitment history has a lot to be desired. The club has been unattractive to lure top players... so buying pensioners, paying overs and gambling on developing fringe players became the norm..
I reckon were on the right track now.. New front office ie. ownership, coaches and staff. But still a few years away til the on field problems are solved..

Reactions: 1 user