Roosters1

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

dantheman

I know Hiku is injured but he has to go - he was dog shit tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
jonesy101

jonesy101

Based on his efforts at the back end of last season Perham fully deserves another shot at centre to replace an injured Hiku. Not sure where Montoya fits in but hopefully he's seen more as depth on the wing.

Reactions: 9 users

6Again

I’d through Sironen into the mix, he covered Center for the Rabbitohs for a couple of games last season.

Reactions: 6 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I’d through Sironen into the mix, he covered Center for the Rabbitohs for a couple of games last season.
Yeah, I was thinking that he may be an option too. Would certainly stiffen up the defence a bit more

NZWarriorsFaithful

NZWarriorsFaithful

It has to be Hayze or Berry both have lots of potential and Hayze has proven on nrl stage. Montoya plz no

Reactions: 1 users
Lance155

Lance155

Team will pick itself but I am excited about who they will play at centre. Really hope it is one of the young fellas and not Montoya or siro as a fill in.
Remember when they said they see Turner as a potential centre? What an opportunity as you could easily keep Hiku and Pompey out if you play well.

Damo

Damo

Team will pick itself but I am excited about who they will play at centre. Really hope it is one of the young fellas and not Montoya or siro as a fill in.
Remember when they said they see Turner as a potential centre? What an opportunity as you could easily keep Hiku and Pompey out if you play well.
Turner defending against Manu/Morris or Morris/Tupou no thank you.

Reactions: 3 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Straight out choice is Perham/Montoya to replace Hiku. Like most not happy with Fusitua's contribution, but we need his height out wide against the Roosters, note, out wide.

Reactions: 3 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

I think most will struggle with those 2. I can't comment too much on PT's D but is it that much worse than Hayze or Perry?
I thought Hayze's best attribute last season at centre was his defense. I remember during the Dogs game when Turner made his cameo in the halves that it was a great shot from Hayze that stopped a line break and put an end to the comeback that the Dogs were starting to mount.

Reactions: 8 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

I recall we beat the Roosters in 2018 off a really committed defensive effort rather than anything particularly flashy on the offensive side.

Keary, etc being out notwithstanding, I think that's what we'll need again so if Hayze - incidentally, took me a few hours to realise why someone might give him the nickname Purple :) - is particularly strong on defence, I'd give him the gig.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
john nick

john nick

I recall we beat the Roosters in 2018 off a really committed defensive effort rather than anything particularly flashy on the offensive side.

Keary, etc being out notwithstanding, I think that's what we'll need again so if Hayze - incidentally, took me a few hours to realise why someone might give him the nickname Purple :) - is particularly strong on defence, I'd give him the gig.
Did you manage to work it out

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.