Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Given we lose two props - and Bulldogs are likely to lose their two starting props. I'd be really keen on trying Katoa and/or Murchie in the middle. We have Aitken and Curran going well on the edges, given the only other options are Jamayne Tounua-Brown or Frei we have nothing to lose to see if either Katoa or Murchie could be middle options.
I agree with this and given that Brown is an adventurous coach he will be considering all options.

Reactions: jonesy101

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I think they are tonight. It's the Lodge one they are not contesting which was also 100% contestable. The Evans one he was never going to win so understand why they accepted it.
Lodge should have contested so he avoids his rap sheet getting longer.
Get the feeling Broncos were willing to let such an elite prop go because of how targeted he is by the refs.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I can’t believe the absolute horse shit charge Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been done for.. See for yourself!!!

View attachment 44835
Lol wtf he was just trying to play the ball? Goes to show how hard the video ref is looking at the wrong thing. It’s not our job as supporters to be contesting this stuff. Where’s CG and Mohawk man? Seasons gone so why not call out the bullshit treatment? Look at how Robinson challenges the refs every press conference and gets shit ton of coverage.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I can’t believe the absolute horse shit charge Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been done for.. See for yourself!!!

View attachment 44835
I agree that it is horse shit but first the video ref loaded the gun and then the match review committee have pulled the trigger so two out of the three “juries” that are required to convict have voted yes - we can only hope that the judiciary are men of integrity and say f…k this horse shit

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
1628501608606.jpeg

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Do you think from RD 20 the refs and bunker have been given the message to toughen up? Seems suspicious.

Edit: toughen up on certain players?
Going by the Annersley comments on NRL.com it seems thats the case. A hugely flawed strategy which resulted in ridiculous suspensions for Lodge, Chrighton and Jack.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Given we lose two props - and Bulldogs are likely to lose their two starting props. I'd be really keen on trying Katoa and/or Murchie in the middle. We have Aitken and Curran going well on the edges, given the only other options are Jamayne Tounua-Brown or Frei we have nothing to lose to see if either Katoa or Murchie could be middle options.
Could see murchie move into prop next season while they ship off Jamayne Tounua-Brown for another outside back? If Aitkin is moving to back row do they need another centre?

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
Going by the Annersley comments on NRL.com it seems thats the case. A hugely flawed strategy which resulted in ridiculous suspensions for Lodge, Chrighton and Jack.
I don’t get the NRL… every week something changes. No wonder the referees are so bloody inconsistent. Just give them some rules and fecking stick to them!

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Im still shocked that nothing happened with the two shoulder charges. They know that even if its not high its still an illegal tackle aye?

I believe the way they currently interpret the rule is you're allowed to hit them with the shoulder as long as there is seperation between the arm and the torso, which there was in those cases - even if the arm isn't strictly making a wrapping attempt;

Reactions: ryno and CHURCUZ

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
That's strange. Lodge would have got 2 weeks regardless whether he won or lost the contest wouldn't he?
I agree Tajhay ,it was the same ban whether he was found guilty or took the plea and for me there wasn't alot in it anyway.
Only thing I can think of is perhaps Lodge had been up playing for quite a while now ( incl Broncos time) and they thought he needs a freshen up,Addin Fonua-Blake is just coming back now and we have cover with Frei,Jamayne Tounua-Brown and possibly Murchie?.

Allows Lodge to come back fit and rearing to go again in must win games against Raiders and Titans.( assuming we deal with Bulldogs and Broncos) makes me also think that there was a possibility of in that agreement with the Broncos it included a clause that he wouldnt be selected against them...who knows.
Still should have challenged it though...it was a no lose situation.

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Does anyone know anything about injuries to Viliami Vailea and Bailey Sironen? Saw it mentioned somewhere but couldn't find anything online. Could be in this shit for naming 21 if they are out.
Vailea took an early mark but I only saw parts of the game and haven't seen a replay as yet so didn't see either go off etc. Vailea missed a few tackles so maybe he was pulled just to get more experience out there?

A couple of weeks ago Brown talked about Wayde Egan possibly making a return in round 22. Say what you like about him but it could be huge as he could still job share with Kodi but it would allow Jazz to go back to the middle which we need with Lodge out.
Jack Murchie was named on the extended bench last week but was cut 24 hours before the game and has had his fair share of head knocks so is there any doubt over him this week?

Should still be able to beat the Bulldogs missing Thompson, Napa and Hetherington but stranger things have happened?

Reece Walsh
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak/Ed Kosi if Dallin Watene-Zelezniak suspended
Viliami Vailea/Peta Hiku if Vailea out
Peta Hiku/Marcelo Montoya if Vailea is out
Marcelo Montoya/Adam Pompey if Montoya pushes to centre
Chanel Tavita-Harris
Sean O'Sullivan
Addin Fonua-Blake
Wayde Egan (fingers crossed) or Jazz Tevaga
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown sound D and have all week to find a way to get him into the game offensively
Josh Curran
Euan Aitken
Bayley Sironen settling in the middle and slowly coming up with some ball playing so hopefully not injured

Kodi Nikorima
Bunty Afoa
Jazz Tevaga/Pride Petterson-Robati if Sironen is out
Eliesa Katoa (edge cover but to play some minutes as the third middle

Jack Murchie
Pride Petterson-Robati/Jackson Frei
Ed Kosi/???
Adam Pompey/???
Above is assuming no miracle comebacks from Rocco Berry, Chad Townsend, David Fusitua and Tom Ale and that the likes of Kepu twins, Preston Riki and Junior Ratuva haven't been moved into the bubble

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings