Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2021 Rnd 22 - Warriors vs Bulldogs

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
In the early Saturday game, Warriors players have been punished badly for reacting to Sharks pest Will Chambers, who was his usual chirpy self.

Kane Evans is facing a one-to-two week ban for throwing two punches at Chambers, and Evans is also facing a $1550-1800 fine for dangerous contact on Chambers later in the game.

Fellow prop Matt Lodge is facing a two-game ban for a careless high tackle on Chambers, while Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is facing a one-game ban for contrary conduct on Chambers.

Evans has also been charged and fined for dangerous contact on Ronaldo Mulitalo.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Anyone for a link to the footage? Might be worth contesting?
Incoming.. looks like nothing. There were no replays. It was a grade 1 which is generally nothing, but has 50% loading for not having a clean record and another 50% for similar incidents…

Reactions: 2 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Fuck me, if Lodge gets 2 weeks for that, Talakai gets suspended for 8 for his shoulder charge on Montoya in the last minute of the game!
Talakai hasnt even been cited… neither was Trindal for his high shot on Hiku. Nothing said about Chambers throwing the boot into the stands which Fox Sports thought was hilarious (even thought Murchie did the same thing last season and got penalised for it!!)

Reactions: 4 users
Aman

Aman

Fuck me, if Lodge gets 2 weeks for that, Talakai gets suspended for 8 for his shoulder charge on Montoya in the last minute of the game!
I don’t understand where the NRL wants 120kg monsters to channel their aggression in a heat of a battle? If a player is uninjured and it’s unintentional then play on.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

I don’t understand where the NRL wants 120kg monsters to channel their aggression in a heat of a battle? If a player is uninjured and it’s unintentional then play on.
Exactly, other teams can channel their aggression towards Warriors players. Apparently Warriors can't do the same without being pinged for it.

Reactions: 2 users
Aman

Aman

Exactly, other teams can channel their aggression towards Warriors players. Apparently Warriors can't do the same without being pinged for it.
It’s quite obvious they target certain players. Curran gets pinged if he breathes too heavy around a player.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

It’s quite obvious they target certain players. Curran gets pinged if he breathes too heavy around a player.
I've felt sorry for Curran. He's been hammered this year for being a good honest toiler, playing hard but well within the rules. Exactly the type of play you want.

Reactions: 6 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Talakai hasnt even been cited… neither was Trindal for his high shot on Hiku. Nothing said about Chambers throwing the boot into the stands which Fox Sports thought was hilarious (even thought Murchie did the same thing last season and got penalised for it!!)
Chambers copped a contrary conduct charge for the boot incident but it was only a $1150 fine