Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Whoever plays better come out with venom after throwing away two valuable NRL points today. There better be intensity from get go next week or might as well throw the rest of the year away. Roger deserves a better way to finish his league career.

A good coach would have given them a mighty spray after that capitulation. No use feeling sorry for the loss. Fucking avenge that loss by playing with atleast some self respect.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Walsh
Tuivasa-Sheck
Pompey/Aitken
Montoya
Watene-Zelezniak
Nikorima/O'Sullivan
Townsend
Fonua-Blake
Egan
Afoa
Katoa/Sironen
Murchie
Tevaga

Otokolu
Lodge
Curran/Sironen
Ah-Mau

We're stuck with O'Sullivan if Nikorima's left/is still injured, at least until Harris-Tavita comes back. I know, I know, a lot of forummers would explode with joy if Walsh was named at 6, but I don't see the Warriors doing that. And if we go with Walsh at 6, Tuivasa-Sheck goes to 1 and The Forum Favourite Kosi gets a reprieve (or Pompey comes in).
I think Aitken and Curran have to sit out this game as well, which is why they're bracketed.
Harris sounds as if he's definitely out, so Tevaga becomes lock.
If Tevaga moves to lock, Otokolu makes the bench at hooker. Which might be for the best anyway.
Maybe a bit harsh to drop Murdoch-Masila, but I think he's been pretty underwhelming given the hype around his arrival, I don't believe in sacred cows and dropping a senior player should send a message.
Sironen replaces Katoa if he's out. On the bench otherwise if Curran's still out.
My logic for the Prop rotation: If you say for this game Fonua-Blake and Lodge are your senior middles, you need to have one of them on-field for the full 80.
If Townsend's out and Nikorima's fit, he goes to 7.

May as well invest in a dartboard, a blindfold and some darts, yeah? :p

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Aitken, Curran, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Harris, Katoa, Fusitua will be out, possibly Townsend, Nikorima and maybe even Walsh. The only decent team I could put together would need the last 3 guys I listed playing.. For "fun" I'll try a worst case scenario side;

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Kosi
Pompey
Berry
Montoya
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Sean O'Sullivan
Addin Fonua-Blake
Egan
Lodge
Murchie
Sironen
Tevaga

Otukolo (bring some zip to the middle)
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Afoa
Ah Mau

It's not as terrible as I thought, expect for the halves.. Hopefully Walsh, Townsend and Nikorima are good, we need them.

I thought Dallin Watene-Zelezniak looked silky last night, refreshing to see a skillfull winger in our backline. Someone with a bit of footwork.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Aitken, Curran, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Harris, Katoa, Fusitua will be out, possibly Townsend, Nikorima and maybe even Walsh. The only decent team I could put together would need the last 3 guys I listed playing.. For "fun" I'll try a worst case scenario side;

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Kosi
Pompey
Berry
Montoya
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Sean O'Sullivan
Addin Fonua-Blake
Egan
Lodge
Murchie
Sironen
Tevaga

Otukolo (bring some zip to the middle)
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Afoa
Ah Mau

It's not as terrible as I thought, expect for the halves.. Hopefully Walsh, Townsend and Nikorima are good, we need them.

I thought Dallin Watene-Zelezniak looked silky last night, refreshing to see a skillfull winger in our backline. Someone with a bit of footwork.
Yeah also thought Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was excellent. When Aitken is available again you have 2 guys able to pinch 10 metres with a dummy half scoot coming out of trouble

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
Aside from the final 10, we looked a way better side with Townsend controlling things out there.

But of course he fucks his shoulder and will miss next week.

No chance for finals now, IMO.

Happy to be proved wrong though.
Late hit by Tariq Simms was the cause of shoulder damage.
hook to tariq b4 game get up on townsend will ya Simmsy.

Reactions: Spudstar

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Interesting one with Walsh. If he's passed fit for the next round wouldnt he be called up for rep duties with QLD next week?

This is the best case scenario team I'd like to see:

1 Walsh
2 Watene-Zelezniac
3 Berry
4 Montoya
5 Tuivasa-Sheck
6 Nikorima
7 Townsend
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Egan
10 Lodge
11 Katoa
12 Sironen
13 Harris

14 Tevaga
15 Ah Mau
16 Afoa
17 Murdoch-Masila

18 Pompey
20 Otukolo
21 Evans
22 Murchie

Assuming Walsh, Nikorima, Townsend, Harris and Katoa can't play I had to get a bit creative just to name a 21:

1 Watene-Zelezniac
2 Pompey
3 Berry
4 Montoya
5 Kosi
6 Tuivasa-Sheck
7 O'Sullivan
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Egan
10 Lodge
11 Sironen
12 Murchie
13 Tevaga

14 Otukolo
15 Ah Mau
16 Afoa
17 Murdoch-Masila

18 Vailea
20 Evans
21 Taunoa-Brown
22 Ale

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Ins,
Berry
Nikorima
Murchie
Ale, put him in the back row

We need to stick with Murdoch yes he’s been average lately, shouldn’t have got shift to prop. he’s a game changer and our top try scorer 2-25 minute stints starting on the edge. Finishing on the edge.
Not sure if Walsh is fit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Inruin

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings