AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
So Walsh will be ok by the weekend to play?

We were Favs, without him Id say we are long shots despite still having a great forward pack.

But hopefuly "the Chad" will impose some wisdom and leadership, especially being the Game Management position, upon the rest of the team.

We MUST fix these nerves the we are having in defense, its just awful. Could easily have been a top 4 team this year if we had reasonable defense, 6 close losses that were ours to lose, would have had us around the top 4, currently we are relying on scoring points. We have done a 180 on the processes from SK. Nobody is taking ownership and our defensive coach doesnt seem to be doing more than just running training, that is not coaching. If it aint broke dont fix it, but it is seriously broken now. Does Morg's and Brown have SK on speed dial?

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Maybe beef up and move to the centre spot. With his ball playing skills and passing game he could become a gun centre.

Aitken isn’t that big.
No he isnt. Thats why I like strength training over Mus training. Aussies tend to be very strong for their size due to genetics, they have to put in the extra work to match it with unders 16's when some ethnic backgrounds make for giants by 16yo.

Aitken is hella strong and flappn quick and is one of our best defenders. The only thing Chanel Harris-Tavita doesnt have is his speed.

I agree and said a few weeks ago Chanel Harris-Tavita would make an ace centre with his passing skills and defense. He might be smaller but hes a tough nugger like Aitken.

I dont think its that big a call to put somebody who is familiar with a position to play another position. It happens all the time in 1st grade.

Broncos would have seemed crazy putting Lockyer into reserve grade for 18 months to learn the 5/8th position.

I think given we are not strong in the centres outside Aitken, it would be a good move to have Chanel Harris-Tavita outside of the Chad, he needs to be on field to pick up all he can from him.

I also think Chanel Harris-Tavita has been a better game manager than hes being given credit for. Offensively he is getting us into ample enough RedZone. He cannot be blamed for the whole team being crap at icing so much redzone possession. Hes not living up to expectations on creating tries, but nobody really is, it seems our back line is relying on natural talent to score, its definitely not wave after wave of hard to defend trickey set plays.

If he doesn't start improving by end of next year when we should be in a much better position, maybe then we should start considering a change.

But keeping Kodi over Chanel Harris-Tavita would be the most hilariously stupid move the Warriors have ever made, and this team owns hilariously stupid moves ;-p

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
But keeping Kodi over Chanel Harris-Tavita would be the most hilariously stupid move the Warriors have ever made, and this team owns hilariously stupid moves ;-p
I take it you really don’t like Kodi?

I think he’s decent when there are holes to exploit. His gubber kicks are good also - Egan will attest to that. Unless someone has the stats to be prove me wrong, he’s not as bad as everyone is making him out to be….

We need the forwards to own up and give us the go-forward for him to do his job properly. No point running into a brick wall everytime because our forwards can’t penetrate.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016

I think he’s decent when there are holes to exploit. His gubber kicks are good also - Egan will attest to that. Unless someone has the stats to be prove me wrong, he’s not as bad as everyone is making him out to be….
Hehe, oh you know just the right words BM.

You know what I think, prob better than anyone on here about Kodi haha.

His issue at 5/8th is ball movement and sticking to the called play. He is very much in his own head, not a team player as such. Which is largely why imo 9 is better suited to his skills, the problem is he is a rubbish defender.

He has similar skills to Shaun Johnson when running the ball, not as good a step, but hes explosive and like you said when their are holes to exploit hes good. But the problem is, his role is to create holes for the players outside him if there is no hole for him to exploit. standard 5/8th draw and pass line break assist stuff, he just keeps running along the face of the D looking for a hole for himself.

If he could just improve his D game, imo he would make a sensational 9.

Reactions: HoRneT041

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Keighran played a lot of center in reserve grade for the Panthers and was NSW Cup center of the year in 2018. I wouldn't call his first grade performances a revelation, just him playing in his more suited position.
Chanel Harris-Tavita would have to spend 12-18 months playing center in reserve grade before being first grade ready I think. I don't see it happening
Good post. Agree after reading the above.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

NRL: Good and bad news for Warriors after Covid-19 scare​

The Warriors have received some good news on the Covid-19 front, with Josh Curran returning a negative test for the virus.

The back-rower was informed of the result on Monday afternoon, which came as a considerable relief for the club.

It won't change the short-term picture for Curran, however, as he will remain in isolation for the next two weeks. The 22-year-old was classified as a "close contact" after he travelled on the same Virgin Australia flight from the Gold Coast on Saturday as a cabin crew member who has since tested positive.

But Curran's negative test means that four of his teammates – who were assessed as casual contacts, after spending time with Curran before he went into isolation on Sunday, are free to revert to training and playing as normal.

The quartet of Adam Pompey, Rocco Berry, Jack Murchie, and Jackson Frei were sweating on Curran's result, as a positive test would have meant extended isolation periods for them as well.

The club are still waiting on the results of Euan Aitken's test. The centre was on the same flight as Curran (and the cabin crew member) but didn't have contact with any other Warriors players after returning on Saturday night, so his test doesn't have the same ramifications for the aforementioned quartet.

But in another blow, Reece Walsh looks unlikely to be in contention to face the Dragons on Friday (8pm NZT).

The Herald understands the teenager is currently in 48-hour isolation, like all other State of Origin squad members from both teams. That's because 14 players and staff who were involved in Sunday night's second Origin clash came from hotspots around Eastern Sydney, and officials are awaiting results of Covid tests on that group.

It's expected that Walsh, who was ruled out of the Suncorp Stadium match with a low-grade hamstring strain, will remain in isolation until Wednesday morning when those results are officially available.

That means he'll miss both of the Warriors' main training sessions this week (Monday and Tuesday) and also won't be able to be assessed by the club's medical staff until Wednesday at the earliest.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

NRL: Good and bad news for Warriors after Covid-19 scare​

The Warriors have received some good news on the Covid-19 front, with Josh Curran returning a negative test for the virus.

The back-rower was informed of the result on Monday afternoon, which came as a considerable relief for the club.

It won't change the short-term picture for Curran, however, as he will remain in isolation for the next two weeks. The 22-year-old was classified as a "close contact" after he travelled on the same Virgin Australia flight from the Gold Coast on Saturday as a cabin crew member who has since tested positive.

But Curran's negative test means that four of his teammates – who were assessed as casual contacts, after spending time with Curran before he went into isolation on Sunday, are free to revert to training and playing as normal.

The quartet of Adam Pompey, Rocco Berry, Jack Murchie, and Jackson Frei were sweating on Curran's result, as a positive test would have meant extended isolation periods for them as well.

The club are still waiting on the results of Euan Aitken's test. The centre was on the same flight as Curran (and the cabin crew member) but didn't have contact with any other Warriors players after returning on Saturday night, so his test doesn't have the same ramifications for the aforementioned quartet.

But in another blow, Reece Walsh looks unlikely to be in contention to face the Dragons on Friday (8pm NZT).

The Herald understands the teenager is currently in 48-hour isolation, like all other State of Origin squad members from both teams. That's because 14 players and staff who were involved in Sunday night's second Origin clash came from hotspots around Eastern Sydney, and officials are awaiting results of Covid tests on that group.

It's expected that Walsh, who was ruled out of the Suncorp Stadium match with a low-grade hamstring strain, will remain in isolation until Wednesday morning when those results are officially available.

That means he'll miss both of the Warriors' main training sessions this week (Monday and Tuesday) and also won't be able to be assessed by the club's medical staff until Wednesday at the earliest.

Missing those runs is a pity, but if fit I see no problem with him playing, he has been in the Warriors system for a while now.

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Anyone know if Rocco Berry is available this week. Been named the last two weeks then doesn't play. Reason I ask is I thought it was a head knock? Or did he play Q Cup for Redcliffe since then?

Reactions: 6Again

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Anyone know if Rocco Berry is available this week. Been named the last two weeks then doesn't play. Reason I ask is I thought it was a head knock? Or did he play Q Cup for Redcliffe since then?
It was a hamstring twinge from memory, was touch and go whether he played or not. Should be right to go this week I’d imagine.

Reactions: Penpal

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
It was a hamstring twinge from memory, was touch and go whether he played or not. Should be right to go this week I’d imagine.
Thanks for clearing that up! I knew he had a head knock in there somewhere when he went off so thought that was still the problem

Reactions: 6Again

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart

We need the forwards to own up and give us the go-forward for him to do his job properly. No point running into a brick wall everytime because our forwards can’t penetrate.
There was plenty of opportunity for him against the Knights, but he chose not to fire a shot. Bar the nice grubber he put in for a repeat set, can't remember a single thing he did in that game.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'm just hoping that Kosi doesn't get a run

• Haha
Reactions: Billyspleen75

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
There was plenty of opportunity for him against the Knights, but he chose not to fire a shot. Bar the nice grubber he put in for a repeat set, can't remember a single thing he did in that game.
Yeah but Foxtel commentary said he injured his ankle early in the game and it was heavily strapped up.
Wouldn’t that restrict his ability to run freely. Note someone else Reece I think kicking goals.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

Not trying to defend him, but that applies to the entire team (except Walshy).

I had more of a gripe with Addin Fonua-Blake. Total plodder mode that game. We needed his go forward momentum which was no where to be seen.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Not trying to defend him, but that applies to the entire team (except Walshy).

I had more of a gripe with Addin Fonua-Blake. Total plodder mode that game. We needed his go forward momentum which was no where to be seen.
It wasn't a great team performance that's for sure. But given the scoreline the game was there to be won, and our senior spine member didn't fire a shot with ample chance down in their half.

His inability to take the game by the scruff is well documented, and the Knights game was another great example. Not saying it's all his fault, but lets call a spade a spade.

Reactions: BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Pretty tough markers on here.Addin Fonua-Blake was first game back after about 8/9 games out with injury.Would expectedly be underdone

Second game back.

If he's underdone, then its evidence that he played crap, and contributed to our poor performance. Which is what I am saying.

Kodi had a leg injury, which was heavily strapped, and gave kicking duties to Walshy. Does that justify his performance? i think not.

Reactions: Cces

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings