Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
No different to what the nrl teams are doing, I’m backing him in. He’s absolutely the best qld fullback available

Mate, Origin is next level up. They go in there to bash the hell out of each other….the intensity and pressure might be the equivalent of the first 5 min in an NRL game.

Not envying an 18 year old body having to endure 80min of high intensity, non stop bash and crash….

Reactions: 3 users

the borg

Pretty much the same team as most here picked may change a bit if Walsh gets belted around and injured... Gus is probably right in saying it's too early for origin...

Reactions: 1 users

Penpal

Just come up on the news about no bubble with NSW for at least 12 days so are the players who came back still in NZ or can they get back via Queensland?
Otherwise team list Tuesday could be very interesting!

Last edited:
Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Just comp up on the news about no bubble with NSW for at least 12 days so are the players who ca back still in NZ or can they get back via Queensland?
Agreed, I wonder who's back here?

Reactions: 1 user
Nangsy

Nangsy

As a centre Ye, Pompey showed last year where he should be..on the wing. Payton tried him at centre didn’t work.

pompower

pompower

1. Walsh
2. Watene-Zelezniak
3. Pompey
4. Aitken
5. Tuivasa-Sheck
6. Nikorima
7. Townsend
8. Afoa
9. Egan
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Murchie
12. Katoa/Sironen (pick one, both of them need to get into a little form)
13. Harris

14. Otukolo
15. Ah Mau
16. Tevaga
17. Murdoch-Masila (on the edge, please, for the love of God)

Murchie has been a pretty effective player on that right edge and I'd be keen to see him out there again. The problem with him is gas tank, which is solved handily by bringing on Murdoch-Masila to wreak more havoc whenever Murchie needs a spell. No idea why we keep putting him in the middle every so often when he's clearly playing so well on the edge.

Middle rotation is probably where it's weakest, but between Addin Fonua-Blake, Bunty, Leeson, Harris, and Tevaga, I think it should be enough. Otukolo did alright in his debut and there's definitely more to come from him. Think it's worth keeping him on the bench to spare Egan's body a little bit, and provide a slightly different dynamic from dummy-half.

Reactions: 1 user
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
BBM has to be there , just not starting at prop. He was one of our better players , yet the coaching staff moved him to prop ... why?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Just come up on the news about no bubble with NSW for at least 12 days so are the players who came back still in NZ or can they get back via Queensland?

The pause is only one way, they're free to return at this stage.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

AusWarriorsFan

1 R T Sheck (stays there)
Yep thats the team Id be going with.

I still cant believe we have a chance of the 8. Normally it would be 13 wins, but the way we have 5 teams fighting for the same block, Im thinking 12 and points difference might see a team in this year. So normally Id say from here we need 8/9. But I think 7/9 may scrape us through.....

Either way this weekends game is a must win. We are Favs going in which feels odd. Just like Newc game, we turned up flat, if we do that again we will lose another game we need to and should win.

Shaun Johnson next year will convery these 1-6 point losses into wins. But how do we dear to try and win a top 8 from here.

We HAVE to use Walsh at 5/8th. With Chanel Harris-Tavita gone from 7, Kodi will finally get to play 7.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back to dong what he does best and that is saving tries with defensive vision.

Once there is a few teams locked into 8th-10th, we will have to rinse and repeat until we are 2 games clear. Huge call, fees like forever since weve had 4 win block. But thats really what we need now. Then just hope for 3-4 wins from 5. We are so close, we just missing a finisher, somebody in the halves who can manage a game out. Shaun Johnson would be so good this year. But I suspect it has to be Kodi and Walsh trying to ice the plethora of redzone sets we are getting from our brilliant forward pack.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I wonder how many NRL took the opportunity to come home for a long weekend?
If so will there problems getting back to AU?

Cces

Cces

I wonder how many NRL took the opportunity to come home for a long weekend?
If so will there problems getting back to AU?
Restrictions are from NSW to NZ & not the other way. Assuming the players arrived in NZ before 10pm Tuesday they're all good. Only issue could be cancelled flights that haven't left Sydney meaning a lack of return flights

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-105750_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-105750_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 13