Loztralianz

Loztralianz

Pick your team, pick whoever you want but my question is pick ONE player that is better than they were last year. There was some very telling video of the Warriors pre-game in the change rooms. Eli Katoa had his head in his hands and an expression of worry on his face. We all saw what he was capable of at the back end of last year. So gifted and troubling even the best defences. This year he hasn't lost any gifts but he has lost confidence. He is representative of a lot of his team mates. Any numbnut should realise that comes down to coaching ability or a lack thereof.
Pick any 17 in any order you like.
As long as N.Brown is at the bottom and listed as coach we aren't going anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Wrighty

Wrighty

Pick your team, pick whoever you want but my question is pick ONE player that is better than they were last year. There was some very telling video of the Warriors pre-game in the change rooms. Eli Katoa had his head in his hands and an expression of worry on his face. We all saw what he was capable of at the back end of last year. So gifted and troubling even the best defences. This year he hasn't lost any gifts but he has lost confidence. He is representative of a lot of his team mates. Any numbnut should realise that comes down to coaching ability or a lack thereof.
As long as N.Brown is at the bottom and listed as coach we aren't going anywhere.
I like Nathan brown and even though he may only be an average coach he is a master recruiter and an expert at building a roster

he has the ability to get great players like Reece Walsh and Addin Fonua-Blake to come here that others such as sk did not have.
Our players won’t play great with him but they will play solidly
If katoa needs a skilful coach like peyten in order to be effective then maybe he isn’t very robust or consistent.
I am a Nathan brown fan
I do think we lost on the weekend because he trusted Sean O'Sullivan at half
I think that is a forgiveable mistake as the percentage and sensible decision was to play Sean O'Sullivan
some of his moves will come off as he does do some adventurous things
Ben Murdoch-Masila as a prop worked much better on Saturday. He did some good hit ups and our props, thanks to Ben Murdoch-Masila being a part of that rotation, more than held their own against one of the top prop rotations in the nrl. The knights may be naff but saiafiti and Klemmer are beasts.
The only parts I liked on Saturday was aitkens try and Ben Murdoch-Masila at prop.

Edit I thought Pompey looked very credible out there
Edit number 2 I hope sironen never plays again
He always tried to do a rushed play of the ball and screws up often and those errors he makes are pivotal moments

Reactions: 2 users
Ref

Ref

Walsh
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Berry
Aitken
Pompey
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Kodi
Addin Fonua-Blake
Egan
Evans
Katoa
Murchie
Harris

LAM
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Tevaga
Otukolo

Harris plays 80 in the middle.
Katoa and Ben Murdoch-Masila can have stints in the middle if necessary.
Egan can't be asked to play 80 and a makeshift hooker like Jazz or Sironen are not crisp enough so Otukolo for me.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at 6. Why Not. Gets him in the game and I can't see Walsh being moved if his future is at full back.

Reactions: 5 users

xWarrior

Can finally pick a lineup knowing Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will be there. Selection dilemma for me is whether to pick Sironen or not, as we still haven't seen his 2020 form that he brought for the Bunnies last year. He's had a horror injury run including the latest HIA so maybe another week off in succession will do him good from a health and wellbeing perspective.

I'm doubtful of our chances of not seeing the continuation of Walsh at fullback with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the wing, but am hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised with Walsh going back to five-eighth.

1 Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Montoya
3 Berry
4 Aitken
5 Watene-Zelezniac
6 Walsh
7 Nikorima
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Egan (Tevaga)
10 Evans
11 Curran
12 Murdoch-Masila
13 Harris

14 Otukolo
15 Ah Mau
16 Afoa
17 Katoa

18 Pompey
20 O'sullivan
21 Murchie
22 Taunoa-Brown

23 Lodge?????
If we play with this line up we will win easy. Backline full of speed and skill.

Reactions: 3 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Predicting:
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will stay on the wing if Walsh is fit after Origin.
D-Dub-Zee onto the other wing.
That’s a handy back 3 - Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & the Whiz Kid.
Montoya can finally get back get to his quest to avenge his fathers death.
Le Chad will be signed before this game.
Both him and his hairdresser will be on the Warriors team sheet on game day.
Give him the 6 jumper and let Kodi go wherever Kodi goes during the game.
Probably down to the dairy to play some spacies with his mates.
Sean O'Sullivan can sit on his Dads knee and watch the game from the sidelines.
He can explain to him how the 'big kids' do it.
Jazz to start at 9 but Otukulo to get some solid minutes.
He'll be a starter in two more games and Jazz will be back to his Dally M winning seat on the bench (next to the hairdresser).

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

K
Walsh
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Berry
Aitken
Pompey
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Kodi
Addin Fonua-Blake
Egan
Evans
Katoa
Murchie
Harris

LAM
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Tevaga
Otukolo

Harris plays 80 in the middle.
Katoa and Ben Murdoch-Masila can have stints in the middle if necessary.
Egan can't be asked to play 80 and a makeshift hooker like Jazz or Sironen are not crisp enough so Otukolo for me.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at 6. Why Not. Gets him in the game and I can't see Walsh being moved if his future is at full back.
Totally agree Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to number 6.

• Love
Wrighty

Wrighty

Predicting:
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will stay on the wing if Walsh is fit after Origin.
D-Dub-Zee onto the other wing.
That’s a handy back 3 - Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & the Whiz Kid.
Montoya can finally get back get to his quest to avenge his fathers death.
Le Chad will be signed before this game.
Both him and his hairdresser will be on the Warriors team sheet on game day.
Give him the 6 jumper and let Kodi go wherever Kodi goes during the game.
Probably down to the dairy to play some spacies with his mates.
Sean O'Sullivan can sit on his Dads knee and watch the game from the sidelines.
He can explain to him how the 'big kids' do it.
Jazz to start at 9 but Otukulo to get some solid minutes.
He'll be a starter in two more games and Jazz will be back to his Dally M winning seat on the bench (next to the hairdresser).
This is hilarious!!! well done. LOL

Wrighty

Wrighty

Sup42

Sup42

1 Walsh
2 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3 Berry
4 Aitken
5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6 Nikorima
7 Townsed
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Tevanga
10 Evans
11 Curran
12 Harris
13 Sironen

14 LAM
15 Afoa
16 Ben Murdoch-Masila
17 Otukolo

Do no see any point selecting Walsh in the halves even though this is your team naming, the ole thing about madness and repeating the same thing over and over when you know the result wont change.

I doubt we will ever see Walsh in the halves ever again bar significant injury issues.

If we sign Lodge he starts with Addin Fonua-Blake, go hard or go home, Evans drops out of the squad for Lodge, Bunty and LAM have a good partnership.

If Egan is fit, Jazz drops out of the squad, time to develop this hooker.

Fonzie

Fonzie

I think I'd go:

1. Walsh
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Berry
4. Aitken
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. Kodi
7. Chad
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Ah Mau
11. Katoa
12. Curran
13. Tohu Harris

14. Otukolo (20 mins spells Egan)
15. Evans (20/30 mins spells Addin Fonua-Blake)
16. Bunty (20/30 mins spells Ah Mau)
17. Jazz (comes on for Tohu Harris who moves to 11 to spell Katoa)

Edit - not sure what to do with Ben Murdoch-Masila, would have to use him on an edge rotation and get rid of Otukolo? But with Egan dicey thats a risk. He hasn't offered much at prop, and cant play big minutes on the edge. But we are a better side with him...

Cces

Cces

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
1 Walsh
2 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3 Berry
4 Aitken
5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6 Nikorima
7 Townsed
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Tevanga
10 Evans
11 Curran
12 Harris
13 Sironen

14 LAM
15 Afoa
16 Ben Murdoch-Masila
17 Otukolo

Do no see any point selecting Walsh in the halves even though this is your team naming, the ole thing about madness and repeating the same thing over and over when you know the result wont change.

I doubt we will ever see Walsh in the halves ever again bar significant injury issues.

If we sign Lodge he starts with Addin Fonua-Blake, go hard or go home, Evans drops out of the squad for Lodge, Bunty and LAM have a good partnership.

If Egan is fit, Jazz drops out of the squad, time to develop this hooker.

hi Sup, how are you?

I picked players in their best position, and not what I think stinky brown will do.

Probably agree on Ben Murdoch-Masila. Does his best work as an impact off the bench.